An espresso guy that doesn't like dark roast...dark roast is all I drink.

One of these days ...in fact, as soon as I get someone to trade me a 9850 for my Mesmerize We might go do the ZooLights at LPZ on Sunday night, kinda depends on the weather though.
    Espresso being dark roasted is mostly contrived by the aforementioned company, who the way Americans think of it. In Italy most of the roasts are medium.

NY day is definitely a no-go
    12-30-11 12:38 PM
    Espresso being dark roasted is mostly contrived by the aforementioned company, who Click to view quoted image
    the way Americans think of it. In Italy most of the roasts are medium.
    I see...I'll yield to your years in the industry...but I still love my dark roast!!
    12-30-11 12:40 PM
    I see...I'll yield to your years in the industry...but I still love my dark roast!!
    Meh, everyone's tastes are different. The beauty of having so much to choose from. I feel the same about Guinness as an example of a good stout. Way too bitter to enjoy. Some folks will swear by it.
    12-30-11 12:43 PM
    Meh, everyone's tastes are different. The beauty of having so much to choose from. I feel the same about Guinness as an example of a good stout. Way too bitter to enjoy. Some folks will swear by it.
    Now if only the endless phone/platform debates could end as amicably...
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-30-11 12:55 PM
    Now if only the endless phone/platform debates could end as amicably...
    G_d, if only we could convince the world, one man's crap sandwich, is another's haute cuisine.
    12-30-11 01:01 PM
    G_d, if only we could convince the world, one man's crap sandwich, is another's haute cuisine.
    Hey don't get started on my sandwiches
    12-30-11 01:03 PM
    12-30-11 02:18 PM
    i have mine orally.
    01-02-12 09:43 AM
    My wife and I are coffe snobs. We enjoy all the regionals. Her favorite is organic Peruvian. My favorites are Ethiopian (Yrgacheffe, Sidamo, Harrar), Tanzanian Peaberry, and Kenyan AA. For years we ordered from many different companies such as MT Coffee Traders, Don Francisco, Green Mt. Roasters, Bear Flag Roasters, etc. Then a friend gave us a gift from uniquecoffee.com, aka Old Bisbee Roasters. We've been buying from them since. We buy wholebean. Our favorite brew method is the Aeropress, but we also use Bodum french presses, Bodum kona drip, and a small DeLonghi espresso maker that is so old it was actually made in Italy, not China. I enjoy the brewing ritual almost as much as the fine coffee that results from fresh roasted beans and filtered water heated to a temperature of 180 degrees F. My wife likes about 6 oz. skim milk heated 80 seconds in microwave, 2 shots of espresso, 1/2 tsp sugar. I like it black and pure with no additives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 02:52 PM
    This last semester I had to drink a cup every Tuesday and Thursday around 1pm to keep me awake during a class.

I got a Keurig last year; that thing is awesome, coffee when I want it without having to spend time dosifying water or coffee, or having to wash anything other than a mug.

I usually switch to espresso when I visit my parents, as my dad's regular coffee maker is not even connected, but the Nespresso is always connected and ready for use.

Either style, I drink it without milk or sugar.
    01-02-12 03:04 PM
    This last semester I had to drink a cup every Tuesday and Thursday around 1pm to keep me awake during a class.

I got a Keurig last year; that thing is awesome, coffee when I want it without having to spend time dosifying water or coffee, or having to wash anything other than a mug.

I usually switch to espresso when I visit my parents, as my dad's regular coffee maker is not even connected, but the Nespresso is always connected and ready for use.

Either style, I drink it without milk or sugar.
    Totally agree, the Keurig is great! Have the timer set for when I get up, push a button and all done!
    BTW, the Kona coffee K-Cups are great!
    01-03-12 06:15 AM
    Attachment 99912

We get free coffee at work. I have 3 cups of Ellis regular blend in the morning. At home on the weekends or when I'm off it's usually 2 cups in the morning. We rotate among Gevalia, Costa Rican, and Community Coffee and the occasional 8-O'Clock Columbian Supremo.

I highly recommend Costa Rican.

Meanwhile, I have to cancel my Gevalia subscription. One more delivery and my kitchen will implode into a black (or coffee colored) hole.
    01-04-12 06:45 AM
    Attachment 99912

We get free coffee at work. I have 3 cups of Ellis regular blend in the morning. At home on the weekends or when I'm off it's usually 2 cups in the morning. We rotate among Gevalia, Costa Rican, and Community Coffee and the occasional 8-O'Clock Columbian Supremo.

I highly recommend Costa Rican.

Meanwhile, I have to cancel my Gevalia subscription. One more delivery and my kitchen will implode into a black (or coffee colored) hole.
    We get free coffee at work as well, but it's brewed in those giant stainless steel urns, and is pretty much clear brown water. Hence, the travel press mug hidden in my office next to the stash of beans
    01-04-12 07:00 AM
    This seems about right:

BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-04-12 07:17 AM
    One cup, with sugar and lots of cream........
    01-27-12 11:18 PM

In all seriousness, I drink mine iced, two packets of Splenda and either a chocolate or vanilla creamer. I don't know why, but I just cannot drink coffee hot. The first thing I do after brewing a cup is add ice to it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
    01-27-12 11:37 PM
    Special blend I have concocted myself, fresh ground prior to brewing, served with half & half, and two tsps of raw natural sugar.

If I'm drinking it in the evening, I add a shot of Irish whiskey, and steam the half & half before adding to the coffee.
    01-28-12 12:47 AM
    I have the occasional coffee but I don't depend on it like my brother does. I am more of a tea drinker, but I have added instant coffee to my tea and viceversa.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-28-12 10:59 PM
    I drink Vietnamese/French Drip. It's a mixture of a homemade blend and Cafe Du Monde. Mix it with condensed milk. It's about equivalent to 6shots of espresso.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-12 06:06 PM
    I love coffee and am an avid drinker. I just got out of school; but while I was on-campus, I'd always be going to Tim Horton's for a coffee, either before class, after class, or for lunch with a sandwich. Now that I'm at home, I drink less coffee; but would brew it either in a regular coffee machine or with the Tassimo coffee maker we have. I'd make lattes, macchiatos, and cappuccinos. You can even make hot chocolate with that coffee machine!

When I would have a lot of reading to do before a test or class, I'd be much more likely to either buy a large coffee or more than one. It would really depend. I love french vanilla, lattes, and double doubles (I have yet to try a triple triple, but I want to). I also like the teas that Tim's has. I like Starbucks too; but Tim's were on-campus and more economical, so I'm kind of biased now.

This is an awesome thread!
    03-08-12 08:10 PM
    I have the occasional coffee but I don't depend on it like my brother does. I am more of a tea drinker, but I have added instant coffee to my tea and viceversa.

Wow, I've never done that before! Thanks for the suggestion!
    03-08-12 08:12 PM
    I took a sip of my grandmas' coffee (black with no sugar or milk) when I was about 5yrs old and haven't touched it since. Nope, i'm not a hot beverage drinker although I do like a tea every once in a while to dip my toast. I'm straight up Pepsi, morning, noon and night.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-10-12 06:21 PM
    I like Coca Cola for my caffeine
    03-11-12 12:14 PM
    black, 2 sugars.
    10+ cups/day
    03-12-12 11:56 AM
    with fullcream milk and 2tbsp. of sugar.

...and lots of ice
    03-14-12 10:23 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD