Are you a morning drinker?
    Do you drink coffee religiously or on one-of-those days?
    How do you have your coffee?
    What methods do you use?

I am a full-time student who is fortunate enough to be the only coffee drinker in my household so I am able to brew an amazing cup of coffee using a coffee press without having to worry about making an extra cup or four and have my precious bean go to waste.

Here is a picture of my set-up, I also have a Black&Decker water dispenser like the ones in your workplace that I use.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-28-11 10:08 AM
    Two cups everyday "religiously", nothing fancy. Maxwell house regular blend
    12-28-11 10:14 AM
    Depends on the day really, some days I will drink three or four pots (12 cup pots), and then there are days i will drink two or three cups or none.

As to how I will drink it, that will depend on where I am, but normally a little cream and honey or splenda. If I go out to eat, I will have three or four cups of coffee (restaurant coffee cups are tiny!)

Thank goodness coffee does not keep me from sleeping!
    12-28-11 06:43 PM
    I prefer a nice mountain dew in the morning.
    12-29-11 01:27 AM
    I drink Black Coffee, the way it is meant to be enjoyed

I consumer probably 1-2L per day, Not every day as I tend to not make it at home because I prefer drinking from a paper cup to a mug, and don't want to have that much waste in the home.

Most often I am Drinking Americano's from Mc(Cafe)Donalds these days, and occasionally Tim Hortons, though I spoil myself with some Authentic Arabic coffee from time to time.
    12-29-11 02:17 AM
    I drink Black Coffee, the way it is meant to be enjoyed

I consumer probably 1-2L per day, Not every day as I tend to not make it at home because I prefer drinking from a paper cup to a mug, and don't want to have that much waste in the home.

Most often I am Drinking Americano's from Mc(Cafe)Donalds these days, and occasionally Tim Hortons, though I spoil myself with some Authentic Arabic coffee from time to time.
    +1, same here. Plain black coffee from a disposable cup. I usually make one cup at home and then some later from DD. Although, I do miss Tim Hortons coffee.
    12-29-11 05:45 AM
    one of my niftier coffee makers
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-29-11 06:52 AM
    one of my niftier coffee makers
    You really need to clean that stove......is that something growing around the burner
    12-29-11 07:13 AM
    that's there for when i run outta coffee grounds...just scrape it up, add a lil water n stir
    highjakker likes this.
    12-29-11 07:15 AM
    that's there for when i run outta coffee grounds...just scrape it up, add a lil water n stir
    LMAO!!! I can identify
    12-29-11 07:24 AM
    My coffee come in a green bottle or can that says mt. dew on it. Never did like the taste of hot bitter water. Yes I've tried everything in it and all different kinds of mocas etc. It is still sweetened hot bitter water to me.
    12-29-11 07:37 AM
    My coffee come in a green bottle or can that says mt. dew on it. Never did like the taste of hot bitter water. Yes I've tried everything in it and all different kinds of mocas etc. It is still sweetened hot bitter water to me.
    I would be greatly surprised if you have tried all the variations as someone who consumers more than 600 cups a year easily, and always trying coffee pubs, I have yet to even sample a fraction of the coffee's available some are far better than others, most Preground coffee's available in the super market don't do coffee justice, nor do fast food coffee places, though I have been impressed with McDonalds Canada's foray into expresso based coffee's (except the pure expresso ick)

That isn't to say you should go out and keep trying coffee, but if you find your self in a place that has expensive coffee and a specific motif don't be afraid to ask about it and try it, Arabic coffee with the grounds in the cup is very powerful tasting but tastes much different than what you would taste at a Starbucks,

Coffee like Beer has so many different flavours available
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-29-11 09:20 AM
    I would be greatly surprised if you have tried all the variations as someone who consumers more than 600 cups a year easily, and always trying coffee pubs, I have yet to even sample a fraction of the coffee's available some are far better than others, most Preground coffee's available in the super market don't do coffee justice, nor do fast food coffee places, though I have been impressed with McDonalds Canada's foray into expresso based coffee's (except the pure expresso ick)

That isn't to say you should go out and keep trying coffee, but if you find your self in a place that has expensive coffee and a specific motif don't be afraid to ask about it and try it, Arabic coffee with the grounds in the cup is very powerful tasting but tastes much different than what you would taste at a Starbucks,

Coffee like Beer has so many different flavours available
    I've tried friends imported stuff etc. I guess I'm just not a coffee person and that is fine with me. All though I'm not sure which cost more to consume.
    12-29-11 09:31 AM
    I've tried friends imported stuff etc. I guess I'm just not a coffee person and that is fine with me. All though I'm not sure which cost more to consume.
    I have hopped around from different coffee roasters for the last year and with all honesty if you are just a straight coffee drinker, no creame no sugar, it may be worth the cost.

I purchase a pound a month which has been roughly $13.00 USD to $18.00 USD and in the long run it has saved me a bunch of money as a college student versus going to the local coffee shops.

There is also that something about grinding your own coffee, brewing it in a coffee press or stovetop vacuum that just feels so much nicer. Its nice until you accidentally get some ground coffee dust on your nice shirt you just ironed.
    12-29-11 10:42 AM
    I'm a committed espressoholic. I use a superautomatic machine at home, that grinds the beans fresh each brew, and usually consume 4-6 shots daily. Being in the business for years, I can attest to there being a huge variety, and that most of the popular stuff is not the best example of quality.
    12-29-11 10:47 AM
    I'm a committed espressoholic. I use a superautomatic machine at home, that grinds the beans fresh each brew, and usually consume 4-6 shots daily. Being in the business for years, I can attest to there being a huge variety, and that most of the popular stuff is not the best example of quality.
    Amen! +1

Spoken like a true coffee addict on a forum for CrackBerry addicts!
    12-29-11 10:53 AM
    Coffee press person here, usually 2 cups in the morning fuels me through the day. Although I also have a "travel press" that I keep at work with a stash of beans, just in case I need something in the afternoon!

My preferred bean of choice is PapaNicholas brand Italian Espresso Roast...my absolute favorite. Grind it, brew it, drink it...doesn't get any better.

Also an espresso fan, but I finally burned out my machine and just haven't replaced it yet
    12-29-11 03:54 PM
    We just got a Keurig. I'm not a coffee lover, I love iced tea and hot chocolate, but I do like flavoured coffee every once in a while. My hubby is a coffee fan though. Cream and sugar for me - for the Canadians it's what you'd call a timmys double double.

I tried the Timothy's German chocolate cake k-cup last night. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 04:07 PM
    One thing I have found over the years, if you can't drink the local tap water, you wont be able to drink the coffee, tea, koolaide, if the water isn't filtered or bottled.

I agree on a lot of coffee being hot bitter water, especially when it has been made with over roasted beans, or allowed to sit and concentarate as the water evaporate with grounds in the pot, talk about yuck!
    Last edited by BlkBear; 12-29-11 at 04:41 PM.
    12-29-11 04:36 PM
    Coffee press person here, usually 2 cups in the morning fuels me through the day. Although I also have a "travel press" that I keep at work with a stash of beans, just in case I need something in the afternoon!

My preferred bean of choice is PapaNicholas brand Italian Espresso Roast...my absolute favorite. Grind it, brew it, drink it...doesn't get any better.

Also an espresso fan, but I finally burned out my machine and just haven't replaced it yet
    I have always thought about using a travel press for those long days on campus, but with final exams done and over the long days are back to average.

I think Kevin is an espresso drinker, not sure how often.
    12-29-11 07:45 PM
    Here's my setup, minus my Mr. Coffee grinder; yes, there's 2 of everything, and yes, there's a lot of PapaNicholas branded items. Their UPC codes are worth points that you can redeem for merchandise, so, yes, I've drank a lot of PapaNicholas coffee over the years.

Sorry, this picture isn't scratch and sniff. I tried though...

12-30-11 10:05 AM
    Here's my old "tractor", as I need to replace the grinder in my nicer unit. Poor thing probably had over a million brews on it

Just purchased a bag of Papa Nicholas restaurant blend the other day. Nice stuff. My personal favorite is Illy Cafe, Intelligentsia makes a few nice ones, Seattle's Best, and many smaller, lesser known roasters. I like experimenting, and experiencing new beans, just as I do with beer.

The Kuerig is darn nice for individual American style coffee. We have one of them too, though it usually does nothing but collect dust.
    12-30-11 11:16 AM
    Just purchased a bag of Papa Nicholas restaurant blend the other day. Nice stuff.
    Make sure you check out their Italian Espresso roast...It's my favorite...I prefer it over any other espresso roast I've had. Also, they're local (Batavia) so that's kind of nice.
    12-30-11 11:58 AM
    Make sure you check out their Italian Espresso roast...It's my favorite...I prefer it over any other espresso roast I've had. Also, they're local (Batavia) so that's kind of nice.
    Looked at it, but since I'm no fan of a dark roast (sic Charbucks), I decided on the restaurant roast instead. Maybe you can brew me a cup, if I can ever pull you away from the rugrats.
    12-30-11 12:02 PM
    Looked at it, but since I'm no fan of a dark roast (sic Charbucks), I decided on the restaurant roast instead. Maybe you can brew me a cup, if I can ever pull you away from the rugrats.
    An espresso guy that doesn't like dark roast...dark roast is all I drink.

One of these days ...in fact, as soon as I get someone to trade me a 9850 for my Mesmerize We might go do the ZooLights at LPZ on Sunday night, kinda depends on the weather though.
    12-30-11 12:10 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD