Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 111
Like Tree17Likes
  1. cl8baller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default How Do You Have Your Coffee?

    Are you a morning drinker?
    Do you drink coffee religiously or on one-of-those days?
    How do you have your coffee?
    What methods do you use?

    I am a full-time student who is fortunate enough to be the only coffee drinker in my household so I am able to brew an amazing cup of coffee using a coffee press without having to worry about making an extra cup or four and have my precious bean go to waste.

    Here is a picture of my set-up, I also have a Black&Decker water dispenser like the ones in your workplace that I use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How Do You Have Your Coffee?-scrapbook_2011-12-28_08.02.59.jpg  
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

    Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
    Morty2264 likes this.
  2. Spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,273 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Two cups everyday "religiously", nothing fancy. Maxwell house regular blend
  3. Blkbear's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    PIN
    I itch in places that should never itch!
    #3  

    Default

    Depends on the day really, some days I will drink three or four pots (12 cup pots), and then there are days i will drink two or three cups or none.

    As to how I will drink it, that will depend on where I am, but normally a little cream and honey or splenda. If I go out to eat, I will have three or four cups of coffee (restaurant coffee cups are tiny!)

    Thank goodness coffee does not keep me from sleeping!
    Da Bear
  4. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,467 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,479 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #4  

    Default

    I prefer a nice mountain dew in the morning.
  5. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I drink Black Coffee, the way it is meant to be enjoyed


    I consumer probably 1-2L per day, Not every day as I tend to not make it at home because I prefer drinking from a paper cup to a mug, and don't want to have that much waste in the home.

    Most often I am Drinking Americano's from Mc(Cafe)Donalds these days, and occasionally Tim Hortons, though I spoil myself with some Authentic Arabic coffee from time to time.
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
  6. Ponyboy24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    266 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deRusett View Post
    I drink Black Coffee, the way it is meant to be enjoyed


    I consumer probably 1-2L per day, Not every day as I tend to not make it at home because I prefer drinking from a paper cup to a mug, and don't want to have that much waste in the home.

    Most often I am Drinking Americano's from Mc(Cafe)Donalds these days, and occasionally Tim Hortons, though I spoil myself with some Authentic Arabic coffee from time to time.
    +1, same here. Plain black coffee from a disposable cup. I usually make one cup at home and then some later from DD. Although, I do miss Tim Hortons coffee.
  7. bllbored's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    184 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    one of my niftier coffee makers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How Do You Have Your Coffee?-img_00000005.jpg  
    i don't know if there's an afterlife...
    but i'm bringing a spare battery just in case
    cl8baller likes this.
  8. Spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,273 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bllbored View Post
    one of my niftier coffee makers
    You really need to clean that stove......is that something growing around the burner
  9. bllbored's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    184 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    that's there for when i run outta coffee grounds...just scrape it up, add a lil water n stir
    i don't know if there's an afterlife...
    but i'm bringing a spare battery just in case
    highjakker likes this.
  10. Spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,273 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bllbored View Post
    that's there for when i run outta coffee grounds...just scrape it up, add a lil water n stir
    LMAO!!! I can identify
  11. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    68,836 Posts
    Global Posts
    68,991 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    My coffee come in a green bottle or can that says mt. dew on it. Never did like the taste of hot bitter water. Yes I've tried everything in it and all different kinds of mocas etc. It is still sweetened hot bitter water to me.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  12. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    My coffee come in a green bottle or can that says mt. dew on it. Never did like the taste of hot bitter water. Yes I've tried everything in it and all different kinds of mocas etc. It is still sweetened hot bitter water to me.
    I would be greatly surprised if you have tried all the variations as someone who consumers more than 600 cups a year easily, and always trying coffee pubs, I have yet to even sample a fraction of the coffee's available some are far better than others, most Preground coffee's available in the super market don't do coffee justice, nor do fast food coffee places, though I have been impressed with McDonalds Canada's foray into expresso based coffee's (except the pure expresso ick)

    That isn't to say you should go out and keep trying coffee, but if you find your self in a place that has expensive coffee and a specific motif don't be afraid to ask about it and try it, Arabic coffee with the grounds in the cup is very powerful tasting but tastes much different than what you would taste at a Starbucks,

    Coffee like Beer has so many different flavours available
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    cl8baller likes this.
  13. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    68,836 Posts
    Global Posts
    68,991 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deRusett View Post
    I would be greatly surprised if you have tried all the variations as someone who consumers more than 600 cups a year easily, and always trying coffee pubs, I have yet to even sample a fraction of the coffee's available some are far better than others, most Preground coffee's available in the super market don't do coffee justice, nor do fast food coffee places, though I have been impressed with McDonalds Canada's foray into expresso based coffee's (except the pure expresso ick)

    That isn't to say you should go out and keep trying coffee, but if you find your self in a place that has expensive coffee and a specific motif don't be afraid to ask about it and try it, Arabic coffee with the grounds in the cup is very powerful tasting but tastes much different than what you would taste at a Starbucks,

    Coffee like Beer has so many different flavours available
    I've tried friends imported stuff etc. I guess I'm just not a coffee person and that is fine with me. All though I'm not sure which cost more to consume.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  14. cl8baller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I've tried friends imported stuff etc. I guess I'm just not a coffee person and that is fine with me. All though I'm not sure which cost more to consume.
    I have hopped around from different coffee roasters for the last year and with all honesty if you are just a straight coffee drinker, no creame no sugar, it may be worth the cost.

    I purchase a pound a month which has been roughly $13.00 USD to $18.00 USD and in the long run it has saved me a bunch of money as a college student versus going to the local coffee shops.

    There is also that something about grinding your own coffee, brewing it in a coffee press or stovetop vacuum that just feels so much nicer. Its nice until you accidentally get some ground coffee dust on your nice shirt you just ironed.
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

    Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
  15. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    35,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    35,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #15  

    Default

    I'm a committed espressoholic. I use a superautomatic machine at home, that grinds the beans fresh each brew, and usually consume 4-6 shots daily. Being in the business for years, I can attest to there being a huge variety, and that most of the popular stuff is not the best example of quality.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

    Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

    BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
  16. cl8baller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    I'm a committed espressoholic. I use a superautomatic machine at home, that grinds the beans fresh each brew, and usually consume 4-6 shots daily. Being in the business for years, I can attest to there being a huge variety, and that most of the popular stuff is not the best example of quality.
    Amen! +1

    Spoken like a true coffee addict on a forum for CrackBerry addicts!
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

    Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
  17. john_v's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,159 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Coffee press person here, usually 2 cups in the morning fuels me through the day. Although I also have a "travel press" that I keep at work with a stash of beans, just in case I need something in the afternoon!

    My preferred bean of choice is PapaNicholas brand Italian Espresso Roast...my absolute favorite. Grind it, brew it, drink it...doesn't get any better.

    Also an espresso fan, but I finally burned out my machine and just haven't replaced it yet
    __________________________

    My username is john_v, and I approve this message.


    (This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and organic quality. Inspected by #52)
  18. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,489 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #18  

    Default

    We just got a Keurig. I'm not a coffee lover, I love iced tea and hot chocolate, but I do like flavoured coffee every once in a while. My hubby is a coffee fan though. Cream and sugar for me - for the Canadians it's what you'd call a timmys double double.

    I tried the Timothy's German chocolate cake k-cup last night. Yum!


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
  19. Blkbear's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    PIN
    I itch in places that should never itch!
    #19  

    Default

    One thing I have found over the years, if you can't drink the local tap water, you wont be able to drink the coffee, tea, koolaide, if the water isn't filtered or bottled.

    I agree on a lot of coffee being hot bitter water, especially when it has been made with over roasted beans, or allowed to sit and concentarate as the water evaporate with grounds in the pot, talk about yuck!
    Last edited by BlkBear; 12-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Da Bear
  20. cl8baller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Coffee press person here, usually 2 cups in the morning fuels me through the day. Although I also have a "travel press" that I keep at work with a stash of beans, just in case I need something in the afternoon!

    My preferred bean of choice is PapaNicholas brand Italian Espresso Roast...my absolute favorite. Grind it, brew it, drink it...doesn't get any better.

    Also an espresso fan, but I finally burned out my machine and just haven't replaced it yet
    I have always thought about using a travel press for those long days on campus, but with final exams done and over the long days are back to average.

    I think Kevin is an espresso drinker, not sure how often.
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

    Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
  21. john_v's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,159 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Here's my setup, minus my Mr. Coffee grinder; yes, there's 2 of everything, and yes, there's a lot of PapaNicholas branded items. Their UPC codes are worth points that you can redeem for merchandise, so, yes, I've drank a lot of PapaNicholas coffee over the years.



    Sorry, this picture isn't scratch and sniff. I tried though...

    __________________________

    My username is john_v, and I approve this message.


    (This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and organic quality. Inspected by #52)
  22. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    35,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    35,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #22  

    Default

    Here's my old "tractor", as I need to replace the grinder in my nicer unit. Poor thing probably had over a million brews on it



    Just purchased a bag of Papa Nicholas restaurant blend the other day. Nice stuff. My personal favorite is Illy Cafe, Intelligentsia makes a few nice ones, Seattle's Best, and many smaller, lesser known roasters. I like experimenting, and experiencing new beans, just as I do with beer.

    The Kuerig is darn nice for individual American style coffee. We have one of them too, though it usually does nothing but collect dust.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

    Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

    BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
  23. john_v's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,159 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Just purchased a bag of Papa Nicholas restaurant blend the other day. Nice stuff.
    Make sure you check out their Italian Espresso roast...It's my favorite...I prefer it over any other espresso roast I've had. Also, they're local (Batavia) so that's kind of nice.
    __________________________

    My username is john_v, and I approve this message.


    (This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and organic quality. Inspected by #52)
  24. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    35,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    35,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Make sure you check out their Italian Espresso roast...It's my favorite...I prefer it over any other espresso roast I've had. Also, they're local (Batavia) so that's kind of nice.
    Looked at it, but since I'm no fan of a dark roast (sic Charbucks), I decided on the restaurant roast instead. Maybe you can brew me a cup, if I can ever pull you away from the rugrats.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

    Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

    BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
  25. john_v's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,159 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Looked at it, but since I'm no fan of a dark roast (sic Charbucks), I decided on the restaurant roast instead. Maybe you can brew me a cup, if I can ever pull you away from the rugrats.
    An espresso guy that doesn't like dark roast...dark roast is all I drink.

    One of these days ...in fact, as soon as I get someone to trade me a 9850 for my Mesmerize We might go do the ZooLights at LPZ on Sunday night, kinda depends on the weather though.
    __________________________

    My username is john_v, and I approve this message.


    (This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and organic quality. Inspected by #52)
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions