Hey guys, I can't see to find the option for that.

I live in Canada, if it makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 10:58 AM
    Confused... How is this related to your BlackBerry?
    06-30-14 11:10 AM
    Confused... How is this related to your BlackBerry?
    This is a question you should ask at Connectedly!!!!! In the Roku forum there, but if I recall correctly, and I will double check tonight, you press the * to do a search..... (besides the * there might be a search option on the channels menu, I have to look at my roku which is at home)

Roku - Connectedly Forum
    06-30-14 11:51 AM
    Ty. Well i asked the question cause maybe is done on the phone app somehow

I will.check on connectivity thx

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 12:05 PM
    Ok I checked my Roku, the search is on the main text menu to the left of the channels selector, 5 items down. It searches through a good number of services, including, but not limited to: Crackle, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, MGo, HBO, and MORE!
    06-30-14 05:46 PM
    Mine has:
    New
    Most popular
    Top paid
    Games
    Movie and tv
    Music
    News and weather
    Sports
    Food
    Internet tv
    Photos and video
    Special interest
    Screen saver
    Religion.

I think I have an older OS

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:48 PM
    Mine has:
    New
    Most popular
    Top paid
    Games
    Movie and tv
    Music
    News and weather
    Sports
    Food
    Internet tv
    Photos and video
    Special interest
    Screen saver
    Religion.

I think I have an older OS

Posted via CB10

Ok that is inside the channel store, I'm talking OUTSIDE the channel store the main menu, you should see your channels in a square grid to the right, and on the left you should see a menu...

My Channels
    Movies
    TV Shows
    News
    Search
    Channel Store
    Settings
    06-30-14 08:23 PM
    Yep I think I have the wrong firmware

My main menu only shows:

My channels
    Channel store
    Settings.

My software version is 5.5, build 319.

It says it's the latest.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 12:33 AM
    Yep I think I have the wrong firmware

My main menu only shows:

My channels
    Channel store
    Settings.

My software version is 5.5, build 319.

It says it's the latest.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I will check my firmware build once I get home again. It's worth noting I am in the US and that I have a 2nd Gen Roku, BUT we should be on the same firmware, there is not reason you should be on less advanced software than me! Could be a country issue, but I can't imagine why they would not offer the search feature in Canada!
    07-01-14 08:29 AM
    SOB, it IS your Country!!!!!!! I was googling around and I found this in an Amazon.ca review of the Roku 3......

157 of 163 people found the following review helpful
    4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not the US version, Sept. 9 2013
    By D&P - See all my reviews
    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
    Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This review is from: Roku 3 Streaming Player - Canada Version (Electronics)
    First thing I noticed was the absence of the much-touted, all-seeing roku search function. It's supposed to find any and all titles throughout the myriad of channels and even give the respective costs to watch it. US only, I'm afraid. Major disappointment.
    Then I tried adding channels. Many worked (Netflix, Skynews, Crackle, Vimeo, TED, Livestream, NowhereTV).
    But so many are "not available in you area". Such as CNN, BBC, Hubblespace HD, Hulu, Amazon, Spotify, CBCpod, ACEbroadcasting, MythTV, Nook, and Google Maps.
    The usb player works fine. The remote is great. The machine is fast and the menus are quick.
    Overall, the whole thing seems hobbled compared to what they get in the US. I'll try it for a week but will probably return it, unfortunately. I really hoped this was the device that would free me from cable.

Edit: I bumped it up to 3 stars after following the instructions in Andy Woods' review. Don't get me wrong, the Canadian version is definately very restricted compared to the US version. But I did the following:
    1. Pay $5/month to unblock-us so it looks like your router is in the US
    2. Register with Roku using Paypal and a made-up US address
    The amount of channels available to me now has increased ten-fold (if not more). New options include: the search function mentioned above (and yes, it is great), Plex, Pandora, Spotify, Disney, PBS Kids, Hulu, Redbox, Syfy, HuffPost, NBC News, and on and on and on.
    I'm not thrilled about paying monthly, but chances are good I've now found my cable replacement.

Second edit:
    PLEX offically makes this a cable killer for me. Free app. Gives me access to CTV local news. And it connects to my media files on my computer, organizes them, adds posters and descriptions, and streams them to my Roku with no hassle at all. I've now ordered my second Roku and have cancelled cable. Upped this review to 4/5 stars.

The website he mentions, I also use and recommend is www.unblock-us.com
    07-01-14 08:52 AM
    Oh well. Thx for the help.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 12:10 PM
    I am in Canada and use unblock as well. My Roku 3, among other hardware, think I am in the USA so it allows me to watch what my fellow American neighbour's watch for $5 U.S a month. When I first tried netflix Canada, there wasn't nearly as much choices as netflix US but that was a few years ago. Its too bad unblock did away with their annual payment discounts. That's my only gripe. They should give 2 months free or $50 a year for example. Just my two cents

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-01-14 12:17 PM
    I am in Canada and use unblock as well. My Roku 3, among other hardware, think I am in the USA so it allows me to watch what my fellow American neighbour's watch for $5 U.S a month. When I first tried netflix Canada, there wasn't nearly as much choices as netflix US but that was a few years ago. Its too bad unblock did away with their annual payment discounts. That's my only gripe. They should give 2 months free or $50 a year for example. Just my two cents

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Yea my devices think I'm in the UK and Canada at times.
    07-01-14 03:56 PM