My boyfriends uncle is going threw a very nasty devorice. They have 3 kids ages 13,10,and 8. While his uncle was working graveyards his wife, the mother, admited she was leaving the children at home alone all night. This is after we caught her out at 2am. These poor kids are being fought in front of all the time. I was lucky enough to grow up in a loving home and am not used to this. The kids are welcome in our home anytime and have stayed with us on occasion. We want them to have some sort of stability, but we can't just wisk them away from everything like we would like to. Does anybody have any advice. I don't want to see anything harren to these kids. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 01:44 AM
    There is not much that you can do other than offer to watch the kids when the father and mother can't. Since it's the father and mother that's doing the fighting in front of the kids, it's up to them to stop doing it. So if you think talking to them will help, by all means talk to them. So continue to babysit when needed.

There are many things that you can do that will involve the courts, but they often will have effects that you or the family are not going to be happy with. And once you start that ball rolling it's too late to say "Opps I didn't mean that to happen..."
    I have seen quite a few well meaning friends/family members, get a couples kids stuck into foster care, unable to get them back for long periods of time.

So it's really up to the parents to make things a "normal" as possible during the up coming divorce and afterward.
    11-20-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD