Ecig, vape or anything along these line might kill you faster than cigs.

You are puffing chemicals and most of the time, you wont even know the contents.

In fact, you may puff more with ecig as it is so accessible and so readily easy with just a push of button.

If you wish to live to see your kids or grandkids grow up, perhaps that could be your motivation.

Quit like a man, not with alternatives.
    11-27-15 10:16 PM
    Moved to off topic. I'm in process of quitting. I need to do it cold turkey....
    I'm guessing smoking a cold turkey would make me quit as well.
    11-27-15 10:17 PM
    I've been off cigarettes for 8 years. I still miss them every day. One thing that helps when the cravings get really bad is licorice all sorts.
    11-27-15 10:58 PM
    I smoked for 19 years and quit now for 3 years. What a battle. Dude, you gotta fight for your life. Just stop cold turkey and slug it out with your heart, mind and body. Give it to God. Hang in there...

Philippians 4:13
    2 Timothy 1:7

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    powereds likes this.
    11-27-15 11:45 PM
    Also, friendly note... you'll know your doing good the first time you get in a really sad or frustrating situation, sometimes multiple times, and are still able to stay away.

With how easy it is to revert though, seriously, build a plan and be smart about quitting to maximize your chances. And if you are planning any kind of weaning system, ensure you have a plan to continue to reduce and scale down the replacement - they are often more expensive and equally addictive.

For the first month, avoid any drinking / drugs / high stress situations. Consider taking a month off work to avoid smoking buddies... or ask for a 3 month work-from-home stint. Replace habitual smoking (after eating for example) with an alternative (low grade nicorette worked wonders for me). It should take about 21 days fully nicotine free to finally build a natural resistance back up.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-27-15 11:59 PM
    Good luck to all trying to come off cigs. I'm a year free of cigs after trying several times over the last five years. That I am now a hopeless gum addict is unfortunate, but the effects are way less harmful to me. 65 yrs old and been smoking since 14 yrs old.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 04:06 AM
    Uhm. This is a website (was)dedicated to BlackBerry cell phones. How is this question relevant to that topic?

If you want stop smoking help Google is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    That's why this lounge name "off topic" I think it's ok since we're all family here and always discuss the same things a little get bored...

Delivered by my Z30
    powereds likes this.
    11-28-15 06:33 AM
    Well, trying to quit would seem to be a logical step in getting a life. Get addicted to the Passport instead.
    +1000 cause we're family here...

Delivered by my Z30
    11-28-15 06:37 AM
    You need to want to do it otherwise you won't be able to quit. Saying you want to stop and knowing you want to stop are two very different things. What helped me quit - half a pack for five years - was just that. Each time I'd have a drag I'd tell myself, "I don't need this." by doing this over and over again it became second nature, and I stopped; been over seven years now.

Forgot to mention I've subscribed to this thread. Hang in there! If you need support post here again and I'll jump in time to time to see how it's going.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    11-28-15 06:43 AM
    And what the hell does this smoking crap have to do with blackberry. Get a life

Posted via CB10
    He Has a life and is trying to make it better Relax !Oh and he smokes more when he uses his BlackBerry .
    11-28-15 06:54 AM
    You need to want to do it otherwise you won't be able to quit. Saying you want to stop and knowing you want to stop are two very different things. What helped me quit - half a pack for five years - was just that. Each time I'd have a drag I'd tell myself, "I don't need this." by doing this over and over again it became second nature, and I stopped; been over seven years now.

Forgot to mention I've subscribed to this thread. Hang in there! If you need support post here again and I'll jump in time to time to see how it's going.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    This we call humanity...

Delivered by my Z30
    11-28-15 07:45 AM
    Ye, I have heard ecig can help
    12-18-15 12:30 AM
    I didn't start smoking till I hit my 40's from what I can only attribute to a stressful job. I started smoking June 2015.

About 3 weeks ago a friend who smokes 'vapor' told me all about it. I did my research and ordered a Cool Fire IV Plus Sub G.

I've gone from 2 packs a week to smoking the 'Vap' for two weeks slowly decrease the nicotine level, and now I'm happy to say I haven't had a craving for a cig' and sold my 'Vap mod' online.

I'm not pushing or suggesting vaping to you it was my personal choice, just know the results are not in about its long term effects.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    02-09-16 09:55 PM
    I didn't start smoking till I hit my 40's from what I can only attribute to a stressful job. I started smoking June 2015.

About 3 weeks ago a friend who smokes 'vapor' told me all about it. I did my research and ordered a Cool Fire IV Plus Sub G.

I've gone from 2 packs a week to smoking the 'Vap' for two weeks slowly decrease the nicotine level, and now I'm happy to say I haven't had a craving for a cig' and sold my 'Vap mod' online.

I'm not pushing or suggesting vaping to you it was my personal choice, just know the results are not in about its long term effects.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    I enjoy my ecig but I still crave cigarettes after 8 years.
    02-13-16 10:05 PM
    I quit cold turkey.
    02-16-16 04:56 PM
    Never understood how smoking can become the addiction it is. Isn't the awful smell enough inspiration to kick that habit? The yellowing of the fingers and teeth? The wrinkles? The nasty smoker's cough? I'd try forcing myself to see the effects and ramifications and then deciding I'm simply better than that. No doubt you are, in fact, better than nicotine's hold on you as well. Start there. You've already clearly decided you WANT to stop, that's good footing right there! So now, DO IT!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:31 PM
    Never understood how smoking can become the addiction it is. Isn't the awful smell enough inspiration to kick that habit? The yellowing of the fingers and teeth? The wrinkles? The nasty smoker's cough? I'd try forcing myself to see the effects and ramifications and then deciding I'm simply better than that. No doubt you are, in fact, better than nicotine's hold on you as well. Start there. You've already clearly decided you WANT to stop, that's good footing right there! So now, DO IT!

Posted via CB10
    Well, there is the physiological aspect of the body's addiction to the drug, which is independent of all those things you stated.

Probably the best chance of quitting involves a undergoing a drastic change in your life, surroundings, people you interact with, and other habits... as they are all cues and associations that trigger the need to do 'what you've always done.'

Perhaps some heavy coffee drinkers have noticed how when you go on a vacation with lots of activity, different weather, culture, etc... you sometimes even 'forget' to have your (3rd) coffee.

Of course, it's difficult to ditch all your friends that remind you of smoking, or stop driving in that car that really makes want to light up while heading back from work,.. etc, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:44 PM
    Well, there is the physiological aspect of the body's addiction to the drug, which is independent of all those things you stated.

Probably the best chance of quitting involves a undergoing a drastic change in your life, surroundings, people you interact with, and other habits... as they are all cues and associations that trigger the need to do 'what you've always done.'

Perhaps some heavy coffee drinkers have noticed how when you go on a vacation with lots of activity, different weather, culture, etc... you sometimes even 'forget' to have your (3rd) coffee.

Of course, it's difficult to ditch all your friends that remind you of smoking, or stop driving in that car that really makes want to light up while heading back from work,.. etc, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes... The psychosomatic angle... The interworkings of one's mind is perhaps mankind's greatest stumbling block. 'Man vs self' has always been the most perplexing and deeply afflicting conflict for one to overcome...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for reminding me. Soon after you quit get your car detailed. I think that helped me quite a bit.
    02-16-16 05:57 PM
    I quit cold turkey and never looked back, I told myself I never smoked cigarettes and it worked for me.
    02-17-16 05:36 PM
    They said, stay away from people who are smoking and eat candies when you want to smoke. Not sure if it's effective though. Not a smoker here.
    02-23-16 12:36 PM
    They said, stay away from people who are smoking and eat candies when you want to smoke. Not sure if it's effective though. Not a smoker here.
    Wow non-smoker tells smoker how to quit smoking.
    Do you tell fat people how to loose weight too?
    02-23-16 12:54 PM
47 12