If your IT policy does not allow you to visit non business related websites, and you don't want them to track down the addresses you visit....here is a quick solution to browse whatever you want, without the need of any program and all they will see is that you accessed Google Translate (as long as they are not logging your key strokes offcourse)

1) Go to Google Translate

2) Type the URL you want in the field to translate:

3) Click on Translate! Tada!!

Now you can browse that site and noone would know you were there
    03-10-11 02:35 PM
    A little note, this method is not meant to bypass restricted sites from your IT, it is not a proxy breaker, it is simply meant to not show those IT people the history of what you are browsing
    03-10-11 03:18 PM
    Using just google will do the same thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 03:45 PM
    03-10-11 05:48 PM
    Or you could buy a smartphone with a decent size screen and a good browser with Flash support and not worry about using your computer...
    03-10-11 07:49 PM
    Is there some way we can pass this on to his boss and get his worthless *** fired? Please?

03-10-11 10:49 PM
    Is there some way we can pass this on to his boss and get his worthless *** fired? Please?

I like that idea!

As for this "hot new bypass method!" business...*yawn*..I did this stuff in high school dude, years ago...it's just plain sad that you are using your work time to find the cool new way of getting around a proxy. Get back to work.
    03-11-11 02:19 AM
    Or you could buy a smartphone with a decent size screen and a good browser with Flash support and not worry about using your computer...
    Blackberry PlayBook for the Pron win!!!!!
    03-11-11 09:25 AM
    No real IT person would search your history to know where you've been going. Maybe where you work, but certainly not in other places.
    03-11-11 09:39 AM
    However, in today's corporate world, the usage of SIEM (security information and event management) infrastructure makes it that much easier. You could have the weblogs/websense/eetc systems report to the SIEM. And then you can produce on a daily basis a report of the the most frequented sites that your websense denies access to, or whatever, and then also have it list the IPs/Users who are hitting those sites.
    03-11-11 11:48 AM
    Good info!
    Good info? Seriously PK?
    *hangs head in sorrow*
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-11-11 06:08 PM

Hmm, I didn't think he was old enough to work anywhere. He sure doesn't act like it.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-12-11 02:05 PM
    What the ?!?
    SCrid2000 and Blacklatino like this.
    03-12-11 02:37 PM
    Hey Matrix, are you proficient in Photoshop? I'd love to have you work for me. Let me know?

Anyone notice that ML Thanked a mod for his approval. This is great forum comedy.
    Yah, it's noticed.....everytime.
    03-12-11 10:28 PM
    Good info? Seriously PK?
    *hangs head in sorrow*
    Lol. Keep hope alive.
    03-12-11 10:30 PM
    If your IT policy does not allow you to visit non business related websites, and you don't want them to track down the addresses you visit....here is a quick solution to browse whatever you want, without the need of any program and all they will see is that you accessed Google Translate (as long as they are not logging your key strokes offcourse)

1) Go to Google Translate

2) Type the URL you want in the field to translate:

3) Click on Translate! Tada!!

Now you can browse that site and noone would know you were there
    Or....work while you're at work. Just sayin'
    03-12-11 10:36 PM
    Or....work while you're at work. Just sayin'
    ...what exactly makes you think that ML has ever in his life actually done anything that's productive or contributes to society in any sort of positive way?
    middbrew likes this.
    03-12-11 10:39 PM
    Yall owe him an apology. He said it does NOT get around proxy servers. All his info does is hide the page you go on. For example if you don't want your boss to know you logged on to The White House his info will hide that. Now some of yall still won't be able get on whitehouse.com with his info because it does NOT bypass the proxy or firewall or whatever its called.

03-12-11 11:47 PM
    ...what exactly makes you think that ML has ever in his life actually done anything that's productive or contributes to society in any sort of positive way?
    Lol.

I don't. But, sometimes I can be nice. It's a choice.

But, just in case, he and others (that are starting to listen to him) should be more concerned about getting/keeping their paycheck, IMHO. Also, if someone needs to write/follow a guide(to do this)....then the person is truly a newbie....no matter what their post count displays. Also, I'm not an ML supporter/fan/follower. Never have been. Obviously, I'm not alone and it doesn't matter in the least. He's still here and I've moved on. I'll leave it at that so my post doesn't get deleted.

Other than that, I treat him like the endless trolls on here and not remotely give a damn.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-12-11 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
    03-12-11 11:49 PM
    Yall owe him an apology. He said it does NOT get around proxy servers. All his info does is hide the page you go on. For example if you don't want your boss to know you logged on to **** his info will hide that. Now some of yall still won't be able get on **** with his info because it does NOT bypass the proxy or firewall or whatever its called.

Do you know what you're talking about?
    Doing this does work as a proxy, and it can be used to dodge firewalls or filters set up specifically to keep employees on task and productive at work.
    I don't think anyone owes anyone an apology, although you owe yourself some research time.
    03-12-11 11:52 PM
    Do you know what you're talking about?
    Doing this does work as a proxy, and it can be used to dodge firewalls or filters set up specifically to keep employees on task and productive at work.
    I don't think anyone owes anyone an apology, although you owe yourself some research time.
    Nope I don't. All I know is he said you still can't get on blocked website and all it does is hide the history. I don't care that much, actually I have spent way more time on this than I should have. I'm done...

03-12-11 11:57 PM
    Lol, well what ML said was incorrect, like most anything he posts on here This does indeed allow you to access blocked webpages, and it actually doesn't block your history. Anything you access using Google translate as a proxy will be viewable by anyone with access to your internet history.
    No biggie.
    03-12-11 11:59 PM
    03-13-11 09:27 AM
    You just don't understand the system. When you are hired to actually work for someone, that's what is expected. If you don't fulfill your end of the deal, hit the door.

Surf on my buck, you're gone, regardless of what site you are looking at.
    I'm sure you never do this while at work either but then you're the boss so you can do what you want and waste your own/companies time. Do as I say and not as I do comes to mind. How often do you stand in the aisles or even in your area and just talk about anything that has nothing to do with work? I bet a lot.
    03-13-11 11:09 AM
    Never. I work for myself and my clients are contracted. I have no employees. Any other falso assumptions you want to take a stab at? My site is in my profile. Thanks for your help.
    OK you're perfect and never do anything you shouldn't. I'm sorry for trying to paint you as something you're not. Carry on with your righteousness.
    03-13-11 11:42 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD