Any fans (like myself) of the creepiest, sickest, and hauntingly fun horror/slasher/torture films from past and present?

What are your favs? And do you agree the movies that are supposed to be scary now-a-days aren't? Don't you wish they'd stop remaking Japanese horror flicks (which are far better with the japanese originators, than the American versions lol)

06-14-08 10:31 PM
    I dig weird and scary stuff and also some campy stuff, stuff meant to be scary but accidentally funny, b-movies, etc.

When I was a kid I used to love staying up late to watch old movies like 'Theater of Blood', 'Phantasm', 'Let's Scare Jessica To Death', 'Count Yorga, Vampire', etc.

Others I like: 'The Exorcist', 'Exorcist III', 'Hellraiser' and 'Hellraiser II', the original 'The Hitcher' with Rutger Hauer, 'It's Alive', the original 'Black Christmas', the original 'When A Stranger Calls', 'Trilogy of Terror', 'Shocker', 'Sleepaway Camp', 'House of 1000 Corpses', 'The Devil's Rejects', all the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre's, 'The Devil's Advocate', original 'Amityville Horror', all the 'Silence of the Lambs' flicks, 'Kalifornia', 'American Psycho', 'Christine', 'Carrie' (original), 'IT', 'The Stand', 'Pet Sematary', and the list goes on ...

I think horror movies (with a few exceptions) are nowhere near as scary as they used to be; although some of that is no doubt because I'm older now. It's got to be more believable and realistic now for me to be scared.
    06-15-08 01:32 AM
    I'm a horror movie junkie. My favorite is the Scream Trilogy. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't scare me (my dad said it was the first movie that scared him). The new Halloween was awesome but isn't better that John Carpenter's. The first Saw is the best out of the set. I love the Final Destinations, they just seem realistic. Count Cracula said it right above, they need to be more believable and realistic these days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 02:16 AM
    the "saw" series... Japanese horror movies are psychologically scary haha

06-15-08 02:31 AM
    Yeah maybe it is the fact that im older now and not a kid or preteen and i dont get as scared easily lol I went and saw the re-released Exorcist with the added scenes (the crab crawl down the stairs) and I couldn't sleep for 2 nights lol but I was like in 9th grade lol It was good though.

The Japanese horror movies are psychologically scary!

My favorite horror movies as of right now are Nightmare on Elm Street films, the first one scared me then they just became laughable lol Halloween movies, I loved the new Halloween by Rob Zombie though I heard most didn't. The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 corpses, Hostel 1&2 (Eli Roth is a sick sob lol) Texas Chainsaw Masscre's (the new ones) Exorcist, Wrong Turn, The new Hills Have Eyes, Puppet Master, Child's play 1-3, (Bride of Chuckie and son of Chuckie-wow horrible but funny) Alien vs Predator, The Hellraiser movies (pinhead is SICK lol) The first saw and saw 2 i liked then they just got annoying.What else..ohh most zombie/flesh eatting movies I like.. Dawn of the dead (old & new), Night of the living dead movies (hilarious-"Send more brains") 28 days weeks later and 28 days later, and most John Carpenter vampire movies, or warewolf moves lol
    Last edited by lyricessgirl; 06-15-08 at 10:27 AM.
    06-15-08 10:25 AM
    Ahhh yes count me in I love horror movies...my favorite villain is Jason, I don't know its just something about him and the hockey mask and the guy just doesn't die lol, I'm looking forward to buying the DVD collection set

06-15-08 10:47 AM
    I just saw the Strangers that had an old classic feel to it.No special effects just good ole suspense and blood.I also saw The Happening that movie sucked.My wife and i are horror movie junkies.Even the old school Vincent price is awesome!
    06-15-08 01:23 PM
    That pic is totally tight. Expect it to be reformatted and posted in the wallpaper thread.
    I won't bother with a huge list of flicks, for the simple fact that most of my faves have already been covered, though I have to add "Evil Dead: Army of Darkness" as one of my top ten in the camp category.
    Also, for old school bizarre factor, "From Beyond" can't be beat.
    Horror is my favorite genre, and I agree that its severely lacking in scare factor these days.

06-15-08 01:34 PM
    oh i love horror movies but i agree todays moving are just hott girls running around screaming yawn.... if i wanted to see that i'd watch myself in the mirror at the gym... geez... but man the classics are sweet!!
    06-15-08 01:55 PM
    Ooo i'd love that pic as a wallpaper! Jason rocks, anyone here go to Horror Nights at Universal studios (Hollywood, or Orlando)? They have mazes for Jason, leather face, and Freddy...they were pretty good the Camp Crystal lake maze scared the sh*t outta me lol
    06-15-08 02:08 PM
    Just finished watching Cloverfield on Pay Per View. It was like taking $5.00 and flushing it down the commode.
    06-15-08 02:11 PM
    A recent fav of mine is 2006's "Severance" from the Uk. Lots of laughs amid suspense and gore.

Severance (2006)
    06-16-08 07:10 AM
    Anyone like the decent? That one was good, I loved how you could hear bones crunching and it was an all girl cast
    06-16-08 11:44 AM
    all im going to add to this convo is "Freddy vs Jason" OWNS!!!!!!!!!
    06-16-08 11:48 AM
    many will argue that movie was pure crap lol but I enjoyed it as well, it was more funny than anything
    06-16-08 11:51 AM
    I just saw Rosemary's Baby the other day. I'm not sure if it's truly considered a horror film, but it was darn good.
    06-17-08 01:59 PM
    Let me give thanks to netflix because it is so much easier to find great new and old horror movies. I agree with some of the expressed sentiments towards remakes of Japanese flicks--STOP doing it--and the quality of today's movies versus yesterday's.

Though I can appreciate the gore, slash and sheer character craziness of a Rob Zombie movie I miss the suspense and tension of a psycho or Shining--REDRUM!!!

But my vote for best in horror regardless of genre goes to Army of Darkness. It's just campy goodness.

06-18-08 12:52 AM
    Has anyone seen Hatchet? That movie was hilariously gross lol
    06-18-08 11:08 AM
    My favorite was the original Halloween!!!
    My favorite series is Halloween followed by Friday the 13th.
    Devil's Rejects was awesome!!!!!
    06-18-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD