Please help me! My 10 year anniversary is coming up in just a few weeks. My wife thinks I will buy her some kitchen appliance like I always do for our anniversary (it's the joke in the family). But I have different plans. I'm buying her a Tiffany's platinum anniversary band. But I don't know her ring size. How in the world can I find it without asking?? If I ask, she will know something is up.

Please help!
    06-12-08 10:12 AM
    Dig through her jewelery and find a ring and size it to that. Do what I did make up a fake story about getting insurance on her engagement and wedding band (appraisial for the insurance co.) Then have a jeweler size it for you. Or when at the mall get it cleaned and ask them to size it with her out of ear shot. I am sure one of these will work. Good Luck let us know how it turns out.
    06-12-08 10:16 AM
    Take a ring she does not wear to a jeweler and have them measure it. Worst case she may have to have it resized a bit, but that's always worked for me.

Happy Anniversary
    06-12-08 10:16 AM
    Go here:
    eBay Guides - How to Size Rings

Then get one of her rings (or a couple, just to be sure) and get the size from the "Determine Ring Size With a Ring Size Chart".

Should work.
    06-12-08 10:18 AM
    My ring finger and my shoe size are both a 7, that's how my husband knows.
    06-12-08 10:24 AM
    Chaz, you never cease to amaze me
    06-12-08 10:35 AM
    yeah or maybe the place where you got her ring still has it on file?
    06-12-08 11:02 AM
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Another little tidbit though - she's recently lost weight due to some medication she's on. Everything is fitting her looser. I don't want her to lose this one, so maybe err on a smaller size? I know it can be resized and all, but I'm giving it to her on our anniversary, and we will be out of the country at the time, and I'm sure she will want to wear it.
    06-12-08 11:05 AM
    yeah or maybe the place where you got her ring still has it on file?
    Good thought - but as indicated in my last post, she's lost weight since. Plus the jewelry store where I bought her wedding ring is now out-of-biz.
    06-12-08 11:06 AM
    hmm. well they go down half and quarter sizes too
    06-12-08 11:29 AM
    Anyone have any experience in getting platinum resized? Am I making a mistake not getting it sized correctly to begin with?
    06-12-08 11:44 AM
    While she sleeps or is away take a ring and put it on your pinkie. Mark on your finger where it sits and head off to the jewelery store. They have ring sizers that you can try on to match where hers sat. If the one you try is a bit too big, go a bit smaller. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 12:09 PM
    Oh, that's sneaky..... I like it! Hope I don't get caught.
    06-12-08 12:46 PM
    While she's asleep, chop off one of her fingers, put it on ice and take it to the mall, go home and re-attach it with her sewing kit. It's what my dad did with my mum when he was planning to propose.
    06-12-08 01:46 PM
    While she's asleep, chop off one of her fingers, put it on ice and take it to the mall, go home and re-attach it with her sewing kit. It's what my dad did with my mum when he was planning to propose.
    Now that's something I hadn't thought of. I don't have a medical degree, but I do have a sewing machine though. How hard could it be?
    06-12-08 01:49 PM
    oh! pull an everybody loves raymond! does she take it off when she showers? if you know a time she takes it off, take it, run somewhere, have it sized, then put it back somewhere close to where she left it last. pretend to look for it and bam! you found it, you're the hero, and you're getting her another ring in the right size lol
    06-12-08 01:51 PM
    And if youre not that handy with the sewing machine you could use duct tape.
    06-12-08 01:52 PM
    That chop off the finger post was so sick and funny lmao

06-12-08 01:53 PM
    That chop off the finger post was so sick and funny lmao

Agreed! And the suggestion of duct tape - what a great idea. (Oh the many ways we can use it...)
    06-12-08 02:06 PM
    I wish my hubby was that sweet! I will probably just get taken to his favorite resturant again this year, lol! Try telling her you'd like to get her wedding ring resized for safety reasons. Go with her, note the size, offer to pick up her ring for her and pick up her present at the same time. That way you find out her size the easy way and her wedding rind will fit right as well.

06-12-08 02:14 PM
    Look, do not size it. Most retailers will give you at least one sizing free. Platinum is a very difficult to work with along with it being costly. Buy the ring as it is typically it will be a size 7. Once you surprise her you can get it sized. My father owns a chain of jewelery stores and each one has a jeweler on the premises that can size a ring the same day. Work out a deal like this when you buy the ring. Good luck!

06-12-08 02:19 PM
    I wish my hubby was that sweet! I will probably just get taken to his favorite resturant again this year, lol! Try telling her you'd like to get her wedding ring resized for safety reasons. Go with her, note the size, offer to pick up her ring for her and pick up her present at the same time. That way you find out her size the easy way and her wedding rind will fit right as well.

06-12-08 02:21 PM
    I wish my hubby was that sweet!
    Hunny, he's chopping off her finger.
    06-12-08 02:23 PM
    Try telling her you'd like to get her wedding ring resized for safety reasons.
    Nice thought, but she's too smart for that. She's very intuitive. Nope - she can't know anything about it I'm afraid.
    06-12-08 02:27 PM
    Look, do not size it. Most retailers will give you at least one sizing free. Platinum is a very difficult to work with along with it being costly. Buy the ring as it is typically it will be a size 7. Once you surprise her you can get it sized. My father owns a chain of jewelery stores and each one has a jeweler on the premises that can size a ring the same day. Work out a deal like this when you buy the ring. Good luck!

Thanks - I was wondering about how easy it was to size. I had heard that platinum can be more difficult. Problem is, I'm buying it from Tiffany's - was planning on going in person to a store here in LA. I've got to imagine that they have the ability to size on site.
    06-12-08 02:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD