Has anyone been there? And if so- what did you do for a cell phone while you were there?
    I have read that NO American phones work there on some sites and that SOME do on others. I need to know from someone who has actually been there. Please!
    03-21-10 11:32 PM
    Has anyone been there? And if so- what did you do for a cell phone while you were there?
    I have read that NO American phones work there on some sites and that SOME do on others. I need to know from someone who has actually been there. Please!
    Been there - mine did not work but it was 4 years ago. Call VZW to confirm. You have to add INTL service and data plan prior to trip if they do. Its like 30 extra bucks plus roaming while using cell. Gets pricy.
    03-22-10 10:13 PM
    Thank you. I will call Verizon-but I heard the same thing. Someone told me I can buy a cheap pay as you go phone @ walmarts that would work there but I don't know the first thing about them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:49 AM
    While anyone can buy and own a cell phone in Costa Rica, only a legal resident with ID or cedula can purchase a cell phone line i.e. a phone number.

Here's some helpful info:

Cell Phones and Cellular Phone Service Costa Rica | GSM | TDMA
    03-23-10 02:03 PM
    Unlock your BB and, buy service and swap your Sim card. That's what my family does when traveling to El Salvador. I believe the provider there is Movistar

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD