View Poll Results: Have You Received a Text That Wasn't Meant For You? [Plz Share]

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 64.58%
  • No

14 29.17%
  • Something else. See my comment below!

3 6.25%
    i get the occasional missent message.

on the sending side, ugh, my bf was moving to a new city and had to change his cell number. i kept calling the new number while he was on the road and leaving little, lovey VMs. when he didn't call me back for awhile, i started to get a bit antsy and would up the ante with a pic or something steamy in text. i was contemplating doing something X-tra BAD when my BF finally called...or so i thought. it was actually the guy whose 1-digit off number i had been stalking, calling to tell me he thought maybe i was calling the wrong number.

oops!
    to this day i am SO GRATEFUL that the guy saved me from leaving a VM i would regret having 'out there' - haha!
    07-07-08 03:24 PM
    I'm guilty of drunk texting I play it off the next day as an, "oops I sent it to the wrong person!" Of course I feel like a total doofus for drunk texting in the first place. I've gone so far as to say, "I have 2 Bens on my phone and I sent it to the wrong one" lol, likely story!
    omg, i feel your pain

my roomies tend to hold my berry hostage when i start drinking my silly juice
    07-07-08 03:57 PM
    My sister once sent me a steamy text meant for her new husband..
    Our names are similar. I'm in therapy now.
    bahahahaha

please take a seat on my couch, there is a tissue box next to you on the table
    07-07-08 03:58 PM
    I remember having a text convo with my best friend, and we were discussing a what-if scenario...well, a few hours later that what-if occurred. I went to text her about it and she was like, "so...what are you talking about?" and I was like, "hey genius, we just spent the better part of the day on this topic." She then replies, "my bad, that was a misfired text..." ahahahahaha..."misfire."
    07-07-08 04:03 PM
    I had my BB in my pocket and i guess the trackball was clicking over my messanger and sent some one like the same pic 25 Times....They deleted me and i had to request them and explain..it was so embarrassing!
    07-07-08 04:16 PM
    haha i have gotten spam texts but never one ment for osmeone else.
    however i have sent some to the wrong people

my mst embarrasing one was..

I had just put in all my contacts on my phone..and went to text a friend.
    The previous night i had a dream about this boy in a band we used to be in love with.
    it was a naughty dream..haha leaving me wanting more..so half jokeing i sent her a message going

"hey...i wanna boink _________" and the personw rites back and goes.
    "gee um i think you sent this to the wrong person but good luck with _______"
    lmfao
    i was soo embarrased..didnt even know the person (thank god i didnt know them ahhaha)
    07-07-08 07:34 PM
    lol good 1 tks 4 sharing
    07-12-08 05:02 AM
    i got a text that simply said, "i love you" from someone not in my phone book.

so i sent back, "i'm sorry, but we need to talk. i cant pretend to love you anymore."

i wish i had kept those really crazy responses i got back before they realized i wasnt who they thought i was.

some nights i get tempted to text a random number with, "i'm pregnant"
    07-12-08 05:08 AM
    I got a text from a girl I was dating. It said, "No I can read your personality in the words you say to me." She said it was her 2 yr old daughter who sent it!!!! Whatever.

Now on the flip side, I've sent the wrong text to another girl I was dating. I wrote, "One is Asian and the other is thick." Yeah, she wasn't happy about that text! But we're still talking today, so it didn't bother her that much!
    07-12-08 10:11 AM
    Ya I receive a couple text that did not belong to me. Especiall to people that I know. I call them right after and its not a good call. Lol. They try to play it off.

This was the worst mistake I did I was sending a pic to my friend and actually sent it to my boss!! It was kind of a XX pic. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 11:26 AM
    Ya I receive a couple text that did not belong to me. Especiall to people that I know. I call them right after and its not a good call. Lol. They try to play it off.

This was the worst mistake I did I was sending a pic to my friend and actually sent it to my boss!! It was kind of a XX pic. Lol
    Giiiiirrrrrrrllllllll, We NEED to talk.
    07-12-08 01:28 PM
    These stories are cracking me up! So far so good on my end. Nothing sent to the wrong person. YET!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 01:48 PM
    I've gotten one or two. They left me confused and perplexed, but it was nothing "major".

SmeeBig7.
    07-12-08 09:45 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD