View Poll Results: Have You Received a Text That Wasn't Meant For You? [Plz Share]

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 64.58%
  • No

14 29.17%
  • Something else. See my comment below!

3 6.25%
    Australian cricket champion's life just got a lot more complicated after he accidently sent a message intended for his mistress to his wife. Apparently, the message read: "Hey beautiful, I'm just talking to my kids, the back door's open." When his wife received the text she sent him the message: "You loser, you sent the message to the wrong person."

10-22-07 03:40 PM
    Yes I've received sms before and am sure it wasn't meant for me.
    One was last Christmas with someone sending me a list of snacks to take to a kids party. I wonder if the poor kids got anything tht day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-07 04:56 PM
    that post is so funny..
    10-23-07 03:13 PM
    lol @ Mr. Lova Lova
    10-23-07 03:45 PM
    ive gotten a few, and sadly enough sent even more..
    10-23-07 04:46 PM
    Yes I've sent one recently. Thought it was my aunts number and sent a sms asking if a certain class was worth taking.
    The guy I sent it to called and asked if I just txt him. I was like No. It was after I realised it was the wrong number.

10-23-07 05:13 PM
    I once sent a very profane message to an old girlfriend whose name was MOLLY. Unfortunately, the next person in my contact list was...

wait for it...

mom.
    yikes.

Got a really funny phone call from mom that day...

I am now extra extra careful about whom I text...

-db

duh!!!
    10-23-07 06:01 PM
    I once sent a very profane message to an old girlfriend whose name was MOLLY. Unfortunately, the next person in my contact list was...

wait for it...

mom.
    yikes.

Got a really funny phone call from mom that day...

I am now extra extra careful about whom I text...

-db

duh!!!
    that is tooooo funny!
    10-23-07 06:35 PM
    is that a funky iphone gross lol
    10-23-07 10:33 PM
    yeah... ive gotten them... and worse, SENT them....

Was texting one day with both the BF and my son... and, you guessed it... something quite personal, meant for the BF, was sent to my son!
    10-24-07 11:57 AM
    I'm guilty of drunk texting I play it off the next day as an, "oops I sent it to the wrong person!" Of course I feel like a total doofus for drunk texting in the first place. I've gone so far as to say, "I have 2 Bens on my phone and I sent it to the wrong one" lol, likely story!
    10-24-07 12:45 PM
    Ya... I'm pretty sure I've gotten a few but I think I've sent a billion... Man! But I must say CHEATERS SUCK!!!!

10-25-07 12:31 PM
    Most NBA, MLB, and other American athletes avoid this by having a cell phone for each girlfriend. Then they just gotta keep each one straight ;-) And charged.
    10-25-07 01:19 PM
    scandalous
    06-06-08 06:38 PM
    i actually sent a text about my boyfriend to him INSTEAD of my best friend!
    06-13-08 09:19 PM
    My sister once sent me a steamy text meant for her new husband..
    Our names are similar. I'm in therapy now.
    06-13-08 11:32 PM
    I've definitely sent quite a few out... I've always been able to cover it up though. I tend not to do certain types of messages over text anyways as I hate proof.

I've also received quite a few...
    06-14-08 02:24 AM
    unfortunately no, as this seems quite funny. I often get voicemail that isn't meant for me, but it's always in another language.

One of my co-workers recently told me he once had a conversation with a female who thought she was talking to another female friend. The subject of relationships came up and he told her that he thinks he's falling for her (still pretending to be the female friend). After the reply of WHAT!?!?!?!?! came back, he let her know she had the wrong number.
    06-14-08 03:33 AM
    lol yes, but actually it was for someone who had my number previously I guess so whoever was texting me thought i was the person and they wouldnt stop texting me. LOL
    06-14-08 11:07 AM
    yes... i ususally respond to them too....
    i wound up once having a fairly long conversation with some random woman once about wether she and her husband should have chicken or sandwiches for dinner.

ya...im strange that way.
    06-14-08 08:08 PM
    drunk texting has gotten me in soo much trouble..lol
    06-15-08 03:02 PM
    yes... i ususally respond to them too....
    i wound up once having a fairly long conversation with some random woman once about wether she and her husband should have chicken or sandwiches for dinner.

ya...im strange that way.
    LOL that's funny, its also funny when you get phone calls from people (who are trying to reach someone who previously had your number-thats why i hate cell phone companies and their recycled numbers) anyways this asian lady wouldn't stop calling me and she didn't know english and every time i answered i'd try to tell her "Wrong number" and she'd yell and i'd hang up and she'd call right back again and keep calling for 5 minutes straight LOL She did this every morning for a good 2 weeks. I'd wake up to like 10 missed calls! Whoever she was looking for, she musta really needed to talk to them LOL
    06-15-08 03:15 PM
    Yes, I've gotten text messages by mistake. Mostly from my daughter thinking she's texting her friends. I just laugh, since most of the texts are about makeup or bands.
    My SO, on the other hand has "accidentally, on purpose" forwarded me emails intended for his friends.
    Yeah. He'll be moving out soon.
    Not soon enough.
    06-16-08 02:12 AM
    Well I accidently sent a text to the wrong person. I meant to text a co-worker about another co-worker, but crazy me I texted the co-worker I was talking about.
    07-07-08 02:59 PM
    Australian cricket champion's life just got a lot more complicated after he accidently sent a message intended for his mistress to his wife. Apparently, the message read: "Hey beautiful, I'm just talking to my kids, the back door's open." When his wife received the text she sent him the message: "You loser, you sent the message to the wrong person."

NO txt here but I did receive a horrible MMS from a man who was masturbating...DELETE DELETE DELETE. I had to wash my eyes!
    07-07-08 03:01 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD