So I love my Kindle 2 that I got for my birthday a few weeks ago.

I now want to get a night light for it.

I have seen tons of options out there and the following two seem like the best (to me). Do you have either of these? If so, what do you like/dislike? Other suggestions???

MightyBright:

Amazon.com: Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) Black [Amazon…

Kandle:

Amazon.com: Ozeri Kandle LED Book Light: Electronics
    05-28-10 09:57 AM
    i use these fancy paper books, and a lamp next to my bed that i turn off when im tired.

im sorry that i cant be more helpful.
    05-28-10 10:17 AM
    I knew I would get comment or two like that.

Thanks anyways.

Anyone else?
    05-28-10 10:26 AM
    The kindle doesn't have a backlight?

I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop with all these kindles, kins, nooks, iPads and stuff.
    05-28-10 10:52 AM
    No,it doesn't but I do love the e-ink screen.
    05-28-10 11:12 AM
    I don't have either of those, I have the Great Point Light. Its flexible, has two
    LEDs and wraps around itself to take traveling. The other accessory I have, that I love, is the clear silicone cover. Its great for keeping the Kindle feeling safe in your hand. I'd recommend that. Because its clear you can see through and read next page, home etc.
    A guy at work has the book cover type. He let me borrow it to test drive and I just wasn't happy with that.

Enjoy your Kindle, I couldnt live without mine now. Now that there is a BB app, I always have my reading material. It syncs with my Kindle automatically

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 11:32 AM
    I was thinking of getting the Mightbright since it takes AAAs. And I thought those would be easier to find anywhere (though I would likely get some rechargables). Finding the CR2032 type batteries is a little harder.

But now that I think about it, the Mightbright takes 3 AAA batteries. That's sort of a pain. If I get rechargeables, in my charger, you either have to charge 2 or 4 at a time.

So maybe the little Great Point one might be better. I don't know. Then again the mighty bright allows you to selectively use either 1 or 2 of the LEDs.

Oh heck I hate stupid decisions like this.

I think I may just get the mighty bright. If I don't like it, it can still work fine with regular books and I can give it to my daughter to use.

Ok, that's the ticket.......

BTW, regarding rechargables, I love the Sanyo Eneloops. I would guess since LED is very low draw, that the eneloops would last a fantastically long time in the MightyBright.
    05-28-10 01:49 PM
    I don't know why I am worry so much about $20 items.

Alas, I always seem to get worried about the negative comments on Amazon, which people are quick to post, and often get taken out of proportion.

negatives of the Mightybright:

- Can be heavy for some with 3 AAA batteries
    - Many are saying the switch is sensitive and when packed for travel, it often goes on. Maybe not too bad for me as travel will be limited. Can always take the batts out for the few trips.

negatives of the Great Point:

- more expensive CR type batteries.

negatives of the Kandle:

- may not light enough of the screen.

I guess I still come back to the might bright, then and knowing I can give it to my daughter......
    05-28-10 02:04 PM
    Went with the Mighty Bright and tossed in a 4pack of Eneloops to get the free shipping.......

Thanks for listening to my worries folks.......
    05-28-10 02:11 PM
    I did just like you and read all the posts too. One thing I like about mine is the clip is a good size to stay attached firmly. I had read a lot of folks were complaining about that. Also it is the same color as my Kindle so it is color coordinated like they belong together.

Edit: I can't imagine only using one LED to read. Just doesn't seem like enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ms monster; 05-28-10 at 04:22 PM.
    05-28-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD