1. writing-my-dissertation-on-BBs's Avatar
    My friends are always moaning at me when i'm on my BlackBerry and we're out for dinner etc, they just don't understand my addiction!
    12-29-09 04:45 PM
    Nah but my bf is pretty concerned with how I show him my berry and insist its "sexy". He's getting his tomorrow, in no time he'll be agreeing with me haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 05:43 PM
    Why would you be on your BlackBerry while you're out to dinner with friends?

That's what I want to know, too. I mean, it is pretty rude. I have friends w/ blackberries & we'll quickly check them when out w/ each other, especially if we're waiting on other friends who may be sending us messages. However, we don't spend the entire time w/ each other w/ our nose in our phones.
    12-31-09 12:45 PM
    OMG!! yes, all the time, i have a sick obsession w/my bb. its stuck on my like white on rice.
    12-31-09 03:49 PM
    My wif does sometimes call the BB my best friend in observation of the time the phone and I spend together. LOL.

12-31-09 03:52 PM
    Aww man I feel your pain. I get it from my wife, my friends, family. My friends I just make them feel gay and just say what do you want me to peer into your eyes when you talk to me homo. But its a lot harder to come up with an excuse for my wife and family, so I just tried to get them all to get blackberry's. I was successful with my wife brother and uncle, still working on my dad who uses a samsung moment (android with a weak battery) and my mom who uses who knows what.

12-31-09 04:00 PM
    I love my BlackBerry, but also love my family and my friends and I would never consider being rude enough to sit through dinner on my BlackBerry. Sneak a quick glance and enjoy the time with your friends. I spend a lot of time on it when I am at home, sitting in the doctor's office, waiting on the ferry to go to the mainland, ect.
    12-31-09 04:06 PM
    I'm the family talk most of the time at get togethers. That's because nobody understands what a BB truly is!!!! They ALL have dumbphones! I try to give others my attention but what can I say....my Berry is more entertaining!!!!
    12-31-09 11:23 PM
    Totally with you on this point some of my older family members who refuse to keep up with technology are so lost with things like a blackberry. Others in my family have one and have to explain it to their brothers and sister do to their ignorance on the device.

01-01-10 04:37 AM
    No, of course not. It's a phone not an all consuming, world turning technological wonder.
    01-01-10 10:06 AM
    He's just joking people don't mind him

01-01-10 10:17 AM
    I've had blackberries for 7 years now. Everyone is used to my BS.
    01-01-10 10:31 AM
    I'm somewhat concern, but it's not really affecting my life to the point were it's ruining it.
    01-01-10 10:34 AM
    My wife is preeeeeety sure I have a love affair with my BB...
    01-01-10 11:59 AM
    Haha, all the freakin' time. Some even suggest me to get married with my Blackberry.
    01-03-10 12:01 PM
    Wherever I go, my BB is with me and I USE IT!!! Dinner with friends… whatever. If they want to talk to me, then talk, it’s not like I can’t interact with them just because I’m on my BB. I’m a BB abuser and that means that I am able to multi task well…… anyone that has a problem with that is just jealous of our insane ability to pilot such a fine machine; while what resides in their pocket belongs in the Smithsonian.
    01-06-10 12:23 AM
    Wherever I go, my BB is with me and I USE IT!!! Dinner with friends� whatever. If they want to talk to me, then talk, it�s not like I can�t interact with them just because I�m on my BB. I�m a BB abuser and that means that I am able to multi task well�� anyone that has a problem with that is just jealous of our insane ability to pilot such a fine machine; while what resides in their pocket belongs in the Smithsonian.
    hahah thats awesome, you have made a good choice by joining us here in crackberry then.
    01-06-10 07:54 AM
    had my blackberry less than 3 weeks and already getting concern from my friends
    01-07-10 08:38 AM
    No I think I know where to draw the line but I do look forward to the next time I can use it in peace!!! Family members do ask what all the sounds are coming from the phone in my purse.
    01-10-10 05:58 PM
    I have a story. I have been in a relationship for about 6yrs. It has been rocky to say the least. I barely notice that she moved out 3wks ago. I have my Blackberry and don't even miss what's her name.
    01-10-10 06:03 PM
    I haven't had anyone say anything to me about it, but I do get a little concerned myself. lol I've got a four year old son and sometimes I really feel that I spend too much time on the phone when he and I should be spending quality time together, or when we're out at different activities. I'm really working on limiting that so it's not an issue. I don't want him to grow up thinking my phone is more important to me than he is... This is time I'll never get back with him and I want to enjoy every minute of it.

Aside from that, I'd say I'm usually pretty good at not using it too much during social events. I check it every once in a while when appropriate, but that's about it. I don't sit there IMing someone when I'm out to dinner or at a movie or anything like that.
    01-10-10 06:13 PM
    I haven't had anyone say anything to me about it, but I do get a little concerned myself. lol I've got a four year old son and sometimes I really feel that I spend too much time on the phone when he and I should be spending quality time together, or when we're out at different activities. I'm really working on limiting that so it's not an issue. I don't want him to grow up thinking my phone is more important to me than he is... This is time I'll never get back with him and I want to enjoy every minute of it.

Aside from that, I'd say I'm usually pretty good at not using it too much during social events. I check it every once in a while when appropriate, but that's about it. I don't sit there IMing someone when I'm out to dinner or at a movie or anything like that.
    I totally understand...my son is not neglected by any means but the guilt gets to me because I look forward to the next time I can use my BB. I do try to keep my addiction under control...wait is that possible?
    01-10-10 07:07 PM
    I have a story. I have been in a relationship for about 6yrs. It has been rocky to say the least. I barely notice that she moved out 3wks ago. I have my Blackberry and don't even miss what's her name.
    LOL! Great story!
    01-10-10 08:09 PM
    Too much time. More than anything. Constantly changing themes, texting, browsing web, listening to music, cleaning the screen, changing body, just... Wayyy to much time ! Before work, on breaks, after work, driving, before bed, after bed, in the bathroom (listen to music while in shower), facebooking while on the toilet (kidding) :-p ...

Repeat x1000000000000 !!!

01-11-10 05:33 AM
    Too much time. More than anything. Constantly changing themes, texting, browsing web, listening to music, cleaning the screen, changing body, just... Wayyy to much time ! Before work, on breaks, after work, driving, before bed, after bed, in the bathroom (listen to music while in shower), facebooking while on the toilet (kidding) :-p ...

Repeat x1000000000000 !!!

That's good training right there

01-11-10 06:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD