Drone hacking

Drone hacking? Really? With off the shelf software?
    Militants in Iraq have used $26 off-the-shelf software to intercept live video feeds from U.S. Predator drones, potentially providing them with information they need to evade or monitor U.S. military operations. Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes' systems. Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber -- available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet -- to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter.
    SkyGrabber is software that's usually used to download movies from satellites. It appears you can just hook it up to a satellite dish for for its "connection" and you're off. Instead of downloading the latest Vampire movie, you could get video feeds from the drones. Wild.
    12-18-09 06:11 AM
    That's old news for me!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 07:20 AM
    I think the gov't released a statement.

It said "Whoops!"
    12-18-09 07:22 AM
    I am not a crook and not responsible for the development of this software or any input for this software!

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 07:26 AM
    ... and the guvmint has known of this "flaw" for several years now and chose to take no action.
    12-18-09 07:56 AM
    God bless the good ol' fashioned American government.
    12-18-09 08:10 AM
    Here is the "host" location: Skygrabber Location
    Here is the "host" IP information: Skygrabber IP info

I was just bored!

12-18-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD