Anyone on it yet? I just signed up today and I've been having a play around.

My first thoughts that there was no real incentive to switch from Facebook (everyone's content is already on Facebook, you're already connected to everyone you know on Facebook, it already has a user base of 750m users...) but this article does a pretty good job of explaining how users will be drawn into G+: The rise of Google Plus: a new social network | The Periscope Post

Looks like it's more a case of making existing Google accounts Google+ accounts, and drawing them into their friend's streams etc. from there. Maybe it'll work after all. Although my money is still on it not becoming a Facebook beater.

Supposedly there's already 7 million people on there, and there will be a predicted 20 million by the end of the weekend.

Any thoughts?

I was also disappointed to see there's no native Blackberry app (not even 'Coming Soon') and the web app only works on Blackberry 6 devices.
    07-13-11 09:09 AM
    Google+ is in limited Field Trial
    At the moment, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure that you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people.
    No one except people invited can join it yet.
    07-13-11 09:49 AM
    I just got on it today & have been exploring it. Pretty complicated compared to Facebook but I can see how it would be much more useful once I get the hang of it.. The 'circles' idea is something that's been missing from FB.
    07-13-11 10:07 AM
    Anyone on it yet? I just signed up today and I've been having a play around.

My first thoughts that there was no real incentive to switch from Facebook (everyone's content is already on Facebook, you're already connected to everyone you know on Facebook, it already has a user base of 750m users...) but this article does a pretty good job of explaining how users will be drawn into G+: The rise of Google Plus: a new social network | The Periscope Post

Looks like it's more a case of making existing Google accounts Google+ accounts, and drawing them into their friend's streams etc. from there. Maybe it'll work after all. Although my money is still on it not becoming a Facebook beater.

Supposedly there's already 7 million people on there, and there will be a predicted 20 million by the end of the weekend.

Any thoughts?

I was also disappointed to see there's no native Blackberry app (not even 'Coming Soon') and the web app only works on Blackberry 6 devices.
    I've been on for a week or so now, I'm not impressed at all.
    Fubaz likes this.
    07-13-11 10:27 AM
    I have invites if anyone wants in, first come first serve. PM me your email addy.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    07-13-11 10:34 AM
    I agree with PC, ive been dicking with it for over a week now, and its lackluster.

Even though it has the classic Google feel, it feels clunky and unpolished.

I do not know what their goal is for it, but they should figure that out soon,
    07-13-11 10:36 AM
    I agree with PC, ive been dicking with it for over a week now, and its lackluster.

Even though it has the classic Google feel, it feels clunky and unpolished.

I do not know what their goal is for it, but they should figure that out soon,
    Since I joined G+ I have trouble logging into gmail etc
    07-13-11 10:44 AM
    yea i'm on it, but i'm not a fan of it...seems like just another destined-to-fail social networking site.
    07-13-11 11:40 AM
    It needs work. Maybe making saying hi a little easier. There is no wall.
    07-13-11 12:32 PM
    I have been on it for a couple weeks now and it is just not that great. It is just another thing on my phone that I have to post on and check. It's not real great.
    07-13-11 12:38 PM
    I have been on for a bit. I like it. Better than facebook, but just as annoying as Twitter...lol

Anyways, refreshing, especially since most of the users are in the industry. No filler.......yet. Hangout is pretty sweet as well.
    07-13-11 04:34 PM
    It needs work. Maybe making saying hi a little easier. There is no wall.
    It isn't FB. You can merge the two timelines, and then start posting to people's walls. A simple hello, you can use the gtalk on the side. Connect to all those in your various circles.
    07-13-11 04:35 PM
    Wow... I'm surprised by some of the bad comments.

I totally see Google+ as superior to Facebook, mainly because the circles concept is ideal keeping content and streams separate between family, friends, etc.

I also think for an early product - WOW! - wait until Google works this thing more... it will be incredible.

Join now and reboot your social strategy with Google+.
    07-13-11 06:16 PM
    Circles don't have much more to offer than Facebook friend lists? Beside a admittedly impressive HTML5 ordering system. You can adjust individual post privacy on Facebook too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 07:27 PM
    Since I went lit with Google plus I have not made a single post via Facebook. G+ is going to be the new power house.

People who do not know how to us it are are not wanting to learn how to us it. This is the first thread i've ever seen where someone said its "hard to learn".

Facebook native grouping? Nope. Pictures and embedded video? Nope. Pictures are auto uploading from a mobile device? Nope.

Easy as pie blocking? Nope. Easy as pie abuse reporting? Nope. And google plus doesn't claim rights to my digital media shared on their site.....

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    07-14-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD