I got spend 25-30 minutes with the other day. Pretty solid built device, extremely fast launching anything, very nice camera....no SD card slot so that's a deal breaker for me ...out an SD card slot in, and I'd buy
    Last edited by Carjackd; 10-29-16 at 01:41 PM.
    10-27-16 04:42 PM
    That you doubt that the credibility of a certain youtube channel, I understand... but that you put a well know youtube video, displaying performance differences is LESS legit than a random guy testemonial on the forum... Sorrry but that can't be right.

The youtube video at least shows an experiment, some guys speech is much easier to fake... I can come here and say that My blackberry priv prints money, now making a video of it takes a lot more work
    So here's a question, why haven't you cited our own Mobile Nations reviewers?
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-27-16 04:48 PM
    The camera is not that good according to this article.

Google tries to resolve Pixel camera flare issue - BBC News

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    wait... BBC? who are those?... did you test it in store?
    10-27-16 05:55 PM
    So here's a question, why haven't you cited our own Mobile Nations reviewers?
    Because I don't read it. These 2 videos of the pixel vs iphone and Galaxy S7 jumped on my Youtube account feed. Simple.

Does Mobile Nation have a performance comparions with the competition?
    10-27-16 05:57 PM
    Well....its not Apple....it has that going for it
    If you make this as short as that, then that's a drawback, Apple products for the sake of having an apple logo have better re-sale value and better costomer service. Sign me in
    10-27-16 05:58 PM
    wait... BBC? who are those?... did you test it in store?
    BBC is the most reputable website in the world.

10-27-16 07:06 PM

I think he was trying to be sarcastic/humorous.
    10-27-16 07:27 PM
    Because I don't read it. These 2 videos of the pixel vs iphone and Galaxy S7 jumped on my Youtube account feed. Simple.

Does Mobile Nation have a performance comparions with the competition?
    Have a look for yourself, give them the clicks so we can keep the lights on around here.
    Carjackd and Ecm like this.
    10-27-16 07:45 PM

I was being sarcastic
    10-27-16 08:19 PM
    Have a look for yourself, give them the clicks so we can keep the lights on around here.
    The other day I was in Android Central reading about some camera comparisons, I've been here and there when it shows up an article that I'm interested searching on google. Android Central shows up quite often on google
    10-27-16 08:22 PM
    If you make this as short as that, then that's a drawback, Apple products for the sake of having an apple logo have better re-sale value and better costomer service. Sign me in
    How do you figure that? Current resale value is 1165.33 cdn with time remaining to bid.

10-28-16 12:40 AM
    How do you figure that? Current resale value is 1165.33 cdn with time remaining to bid.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b1050d0c3c.jpg
    The device hasn't been sold in many place (like my country). At that stage, I saw Blackberry PRIV's for over 1000€ in the black market.

When I talk about re-sale value, I'm talking about selling your Pixel in 1 or 2 years time. Even Samsungs don't hold the value like Apple products do, let alone "Pixel". People fancy having the apple logo, it's a status symbol, so they pay more. Samsungs hold their value better than pretty much any Android phone, both samsung and Apple have "brand equity" that other brands simply don't have, therefore they sell more expensive in the second hand market.
    10-28-16 10:23 AM
    I have the Pixel and the Samsung S7 Edge and I can say the Pixel is faster. Much faster than the Samsung.
    Ecm likes this.
    10-28-16 10:40 AM
    The device hasn't been sold in many place (like my country). At that stage, I saw Blackberry PRIV's for over 1000� in the black market.

When I talk about re-sale value, I'm talking about selling your Pixel in 1 or 2 years time. Even Samsungs don't hold the value like Apple products do, let alone "Pixel". People fancy having the apple logo, it's a status symbol, so they pay more. Samsungs hold their value better than pretty much any Android phone, both samsung and Apple have "brand equity" that other brands simply don't have, therefore they sell more expensive in the second hand market.
    That was my point , how can you even talk resale value with the Pixel when there is no data ?
    Ecm likes this.
    10-28-16 12:27 PM
    That was my point , how can you even talk resale value with the Pixel when there is no data ?
    Easy. How do you know that the 2017 Ford Mondeo is going to have a lower re-sale value than an equivalent priced Mercedes C-class?

Again, "Brand Equity", google is no premium brand, has no "status symbol". iPhones have been competing with Android phones since 2008 and always had better re-sale value, and I see no single reason why the Pixel is changing that.
    10-29-16 09:26 AM
    I have the Pixel and the Samsung S7 Edge and I can say the Pixel is faster. Much faster than the Samsung.
    your mileage may vary once you factory reset both. Android gets slower with time. Pixel has worse hardware than the S7, there's no reason for it to be faster.
    10-29-16 09:28 AM
    Easy. How do you know that the 2017 Ford Mondeo is going to have a lower re-sale value than an equivalent priced Mercedes C-class?

Again, "Brand Equity", google is no premium brand, has no "status symbol". iPhones have been competing with Android phones since 2008 and always had better re-sale value, and I see no single reason why the Pixel is changing that.
    That's an extremely bad example considering they have made a 2016, 2015, 2015......mustang and that Mercedes has one of the worst depreciations in the first year out there......there was no 2016, 2015, 2014....pixel...you have zero data to go by
    Ecm likes this.
    10-29-16 01:44 PM

That's an extremely bad example considering they have made a 2016, 2015, 2015......mustang and that Mercedes has one of the worst depreciations in the first year out there......there was no 2016, 2015, 2014....pixel...you have zero data to go by
    10-29-16 01:45 PM
    It's not a bad example, it's a PERFECT example. It's an example of product depreciation compared to brand equity. The high first year depriciation happens for high end models that have expensive manintenance and such, cheaper cars don't depreciate like that.

You buy a mercedes C-Class, then you buy a similar price Mondeo (add some extras to make up the price). Regardless if it's first year or 10th year, the Mercedes will hold their value better. It doesn't matter if you're talking of a 2 year old car or a 15 year old car with a few models between, it simply doesn't matter.

In the other hand, the badge at the front of the car matters, and an apple badge, like a Mercedes one does hold more value.

You're basics on economics are a bit twisted. Why do you talk about the pixel like is something "new". it's just another flagship Android phone, it's made by HTC, branded by google... Why is this phone going to somehow depreciate less than other Android phones?

If anything, the fact that the Pixel has no predecessors actually hurts it's re-sale value even more. Why does similary priced toyota holds their value better than a Kia? Because toyota has a great history background of making good products, it's not a gamble.

Bloody hell, go to any second hand website and check the prices of iphones and Androids of the same year and see...
    10-29-16 03:33 PM
    This thread is about 20 posts longer than it should be.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-29-16 05:26 PM
    Maybe 21
    10-30-16 08:11 AM
    Is going to get even longer, because the more the Pixel is out, the more it "underperforms", proving my point from the start. You're pay a lot for just "quick updates" and a good camera

Pocketnow tested the audio of the Pixel is seems quite disapointing, especially when is quite a bit inferior to the HTC 10 made by tha same company that built the Pixel.

You're pay a lot for just "quick updates" and a good camera
    11-01-16 12:12 PM
47 12