If the BlackBerry Priv is successful, and BlackBerry ultimately stops manufacturing devices running BB10, do you think CrackBerry.com will eventually fade away?

I don't know if there would be a need for it if BlackBerry is exclusively a manufacturer of Android devices. It seems to me that this community would just move to Android Central as BlackBerry devices would be no different than Samsung, LG, or HTC hardware manufacturers running Android's OS.

Thoughts?
    10-31-15 08:00 PM
    CB will be here for quite awhile. BB10 will be around for many years even if they stopped right now. Plus the Priv is a BB and has a home on CB just the same as all other bbs
    BB_Junky and Tony Edwards10 like this.
    10-31-15 08:45 PM
    All things change over time. There are still a lot of BBOS postings here and there will be a lot of BB10 users around for sometime to come. I'm sure CrackBerry and Mobile Nations will make whatever changes are needed in the long term.
    10-31-15 08:57 PM
    Based on their Android version of the app, they're not going anywhere.

Download it and see how much better it is than the BlackBerry 10 version.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:36 AM
    Based on their Android version of the app, they're not going anywhere.

Download it and see how much better it is than the BlackBerry 10 version.

Posted via CB10
    They are completely different, the Android version is just a Skinned Taptalk, CB10 was a from scratch par the Site API.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-01-15 06:45 AM
    It seems logical that, if successful, an all-Android BlackBerry would eventually move to AndroidCentral to join Samsung, LG and all of the other hardware manufacturers using the Android OS on their phones. I suppose it goes without saying that CrackBerry will be around as long as Mobile Nations deems it profitable to keep it going.

Irrespective of how long it is around, it will definitely experience a fundamental change that will see former and current BB10 users eventually lose interest in the site (just as many PlayBook and BBOS users lost interest and no longer visit the site). As the transformation develops, it will make more economic sense for Mobile Nations to move a new, all-Android BlackBerry over to AndroidCentral.

If BlackBerry is able to pull off their change to Android, I would give CrackBerry a year or so. If BlackBerry is not able to pull it off and exits hardware altogether, ditto. Seems to me that the writing is on the wall regardless of how much some might wish otherwise.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 11-01-15 at 08:31 AM.
    11-01-15 08:17 AM
    Or.......

Crackberry could become a one of kind site that still deals with BlackBerry products, whether software or hardware. A BlackBerry phone running Android is still a BlackBerry phone, it just has a different OS. The logo is still there.....

A whole section could be dedicated to helping Android BlackBerry and threads would remain just as they are now; where lovely people support and aid each other.

Or....

We say F it and dance with the ducks. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:02 AM