(Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask)

I'm going to get a tablet for my mother for Christmas, but I'm not sure what brand to go with. Can I hear some opinions please? Some things to note are:
    -my mother isn't that tech savy; she mostly uses a Win7 computer for email and has never used a touch screen before
    -price isn't a barrier
    -Apps don't really matter in this case
    -

I'm too biased to really make up a decision here, but does an ipad really have the easiest learning curve? I can't stress enough that she isn't tech savy lol. I'm just going with a tablet because she wants something she can just put in her purse.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:57 AM
    (Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask)

I'm going to get a tablet for my mother for Christmas, but I'm not sure what brand to go with. Can I hear some opinions please? Some things to note are:
    -my mother isn't that tech savy; she mostly uses a Win7 computer for email and has never used a touch screen before
    -price isn't a barrier
    -Apps don't really matter in this case
    -

I'm too biased to really make up a decision here, but does an ipad really have the easiest learning curve? I can't stress enough that she isn't tech savy lol. I'm just going with a tablet because she wants something she can just put in her purse.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    In this case, ipad mini for the size to put in her purse. Just about anyone is familiar with the ipad, so she got tons of people to ask in case she need to learn how to use it.
    ColdStoneGuards likes this.
    12-08-13 11:02 AM
    This one:

Good tablet to get for older people?-images-10-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    middbrew, sam81 and hamsterwheel like this.
    12-13-13 07:20 PM
    This one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images(10).jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	229700

Posted via CB10
    good god man, that one uses an old OS.
    12-13-13 08:02 PM
    good god man, that one uses an old OS.
    That's the old Stone Age tablet. That thing was indestructible. You only see them on tv nowadays.
    12-14-13 07:25 AM
    On a more serious note we got my mother in law an iPad also. She is the least tech savvy person I know and she has adjusted reasonably well. It does have it limitations, though, as do most choices. If she is surfing the web in general and emailing the iPad or maybe the mini would probably be best. Learning curve is not that bad for folks that aren't generally tech savvy and as Bambi said above there are probably a lot of folks that could help her out while she learns it. Good luck with whatever you get.
    12-14-13 07:32 AM
    I would get the iPad mini. For ease of use, you really can't beat it.
    12-14-13 08:20 AM
    I got my grandmother a Samsung tab 2 and she detests it!
    Get them a play book or a ipad

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:22 AM
    I would get the iPad mini. For ease of use, you really can't beat it.
    I'm not one for giving praise to iDevices at all, but I agree with miss hamsterwheel. Between Android and Windows 8 / RT, iOS is about as simple and plain Jane as it gets. There's no room to screw much up, the walled garden will do very well to keep out malicious apps and protect the OS. Since there aren't really menus or multiple approaches to navigation, it would be my opinion that the iPad is your answer.

Best of luck.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-14-13 09:45 AM