This is one of those things that's so stupid you can't help but laugh.

My wife lost her Pearl yesterday while walking our dogs.

We tried calling it, the first time it rang and rang but no one picked up. All subsquent calls to it go straight to voice mail.

Great someone has turned it off, no chance we're getting it back now!

But like a good BB owner, she keeps the device locked, and has our contact information on the home screen, so maybe someone will call. Probably not, or they wouldnt have turned it off, but who knows right?

Well about 30 minutes later someone does call.. not the person who picked it up, but the police!

Seems odd.. we didnt even report it stolen.. so what happend?

Well Buddy who picked it up was pretty bummed that it was locked, but when he was fiddling around, and the device asked him is he needed to make an emergency call he thought that was his shot to unlock the device.

He clicked yes to the emergency call request.. was directly conected to the local police and panicked. According to the officer who returned it to us, they could hear the caller breathing, but he refused to answer.. "Barrie Police..do you have an emergency sir?.. are you hurt?.." still no answer.

So of course, the police use cell tower triangulation to pin point the origin of the 911 call... pay the gentlemen (and I use that term loosly) a visit. At wich point he surenders the phone and tells them he has no idea where it came from LOL!
    06-01-09 11:31 AM
    Haha what an *****! Glad u got it back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:40 AM
    LMFAO what a jack ***!
    i think i am going to start locking my phone!

good call on your wifes part!
    06-01-09 11:48 AM
    Its pretty sad when a phone is smarter then the person trying to use it. PWNED by a blackberry...
    06-01-09 12:04 PM
    Its pretty sad when a phone is smarter then the person trying to use it. PWNED by a blackberry...
    Sad for some.. turned out great for us! LOL
    06-01-09 12:20 PM
    Sad for some.. turned out great for us! LOL
    true, glad to hear it all worked out though
    06-01-09 01:16 PM
    Rolling on the floor laughing?
    06-01-09 08:44 PM
    lmao!!! that is hilarious
    06-02-09 09:10 AM

Gotta love it. Congratz!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 12:38 AM