I'm trying to drum up a great conversation here.

Currently we seem to have four major providers when it comes to email, whether paid or free.

Whether you have a BlackBerry, or you're an iOS device user or not, which email provider do you think is the best: (in no particular order)

Gmail
    Hotmail
    iCloud (ME.com)
    Yahoo

Here's looking forward to an interesting conversation and banter.
    02-08-12 05:00 PM
    I use Hotmail and Yahoo to sign up for things on the internet. These two addresses get a lot of spam, but the spam filter does a good job of keeping the main inbox free of it.

Have not used my iCloud much since I don't use my iPod Touch very often.

Gmail I use as my main mail account, and my ISP account is my true main account, (I have had for this one for years), I will forward certain contacts emails from the other to that account. Gmail's spam filter seems to work pretty well for me and how it forwards emails I need forwarded work really well.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 02-08-12 at 10:17 PM.
    02-08-12 10:14 PM
    I have one main Yahoo account I've used since Al Gore invented the interwebs. That's my primary personal email. Another Ymail for business, and two different Gmail accounts. Modfia activities on one, and the other for things like Google Talk and Youtube. Then there's my BlackBerry.net account, for device related mail I don't want potentially hitting a spam folder.
    02-08-12 10:28 PM
    Top of the list out of the 10 or so... Gmail. Always works everywhere.
    You forgot to list that up and comer Alta Vista
    02-09-12 06:57 AM
    I've had a Yahoo account forever. But since I have switched to my iPhone from my Berry, I have found that Yahoo "push" just is not consistent, and sometimes it seems like it does not work at all and requires a manual fetch. I did some research and I guess Yahoo is not true push. The Notifications are pushed but the actual mail is communicated via IMAP. This could be part of it.

Anyways, I have kept the Yahoo account but I have created a GMail account for family and close friends....people for which I want to make sure my mail is received timely.

So in that context, both do for me now what I want them to. But if I were starting from scratch and had to pick one, it would be Gmail.
    02-09-12 07:08 AM
    I really like hotmail. I run one of my business accounts through hotmail and it has never let me down. I have a yahoo acct also and quite frankly I just like hotmail better.
    02-09-12 04:20 PM
    I use to use yahoo mostly and gmail but when yahoo went thru (at least for me) awhile ago it would not show new messages until I refreshed it or restarted it. It was constantly lagging and giving trouble so I mainly use gmail now and the yahoo account is my sign up and spam account.
    02-09-12 04:39 PM
    gmail woudl be the best choice since i have used it for 2 years and would be keep using forever.on the other hand,i prefer yahoo than others except gmail.As yahoo has more powerful function such as the yahoo answer. i often depend on it to solve the troubles.
    so gmail is the best, yahoo may the second choice.
    02-13-12 01:56 AM
    Been using yahoo after AOL Mail. AOL's imap, I should add it, I barely use it. Hotmail, forget it. Had that stuff hacked too easily and too many times regardless of how long and complex the password was. Yahoo and AOL are quite tops with spam protection, both have spam filters that actually listen besides gmail. Hotmail/live mail=spam magnets.
    02-13-12 01:08 PM
    lets see... I have 4 emails through Google apps (law school, personal url, business url, and a side project), 1 through hotmail (undergrad email that for some reason was never cancelled), 1 through the OpenSourceBB hosting account, 1 personal gmail account, and 1 BIS email (sprint.blackberry.net).
    So 5 google, 1 hotmail, and 2 "other."
    Used to have a ymail but I deleted it.
    02-14-12 07:43 PM
    Pushed to my BlackBerry:

� Yahoo
    � Hotmail
    � AOL
    � Gmail

and

� @sprint.blackbery.net

I use yahoo and Sprint-BlackBerry for the more private conversations, gmail for formal/business, and hotmail/aol for sign-ups. All except hotmail push instantly.
    02-14-12 08:18 PM
    ...anyone else, what email service do you use?
    07-12-12 11:34 AM
    My main emails are service provided through AT&T (at snet dot net, yes I am
    THAT old ) One for personal mail, one for business.

I have one GMail account for non-important email.

One Yahoo account for signing up online and to catch spam
    (that recently did not go well )

I never set up an account on either Hotmail or AOL

Presently only the two SNET accounts deliver to my phones.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-12-12 at 12:05 PM.
    07-12-12 12:03 PM
    I pay for Google Apps account for my personal email then have an evens split between Hotmail/ Free gMail, as well as a hosted Exchange and blackberry.net address

IF Microsoft would be as easy to host your email domain as Google does, I'd move my personal domain to Microsoft 365 over Google apps, I've noticed an increase in spam, a decrease in speed, and google docs does not compare to MS office.

but alas Google paid is the cheapest and easiest so I'm still with them, but keeping a close eye on 365 for next April
    07-12-12 06:20 PM
    I pay for Google Apps account for my personal email then have an evens split between Hotmail/ Free gMail, as well as a hosted Exchange and blackberry.net address

IF Microsoft would be as easy to host your email domain as Google does, I'd move my personal domain to Microsoft 365 over Google apps, I've noticed an increase in spam, a decrease in speed, and google docs does not compare to MS office.

but alas Google paid is the cheapest and easiest so I'm still with them, but keeping a close eye on 365 for next April
    Do you actually use the blackberry.net address? In the five (5) years that I
    have been a BB user I have never bothered with that one. Any address I cannot
    see on a real computer is a non starter for me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-12 07:48 PM
    I have Google Apps. At work I'm in the process of switching the company over to Office 365, but I think I'll stick with Google Apps for now. I just can't stand ads!?!
    07-12-12 08:22 PM
    I've changed again to an @live account.
    07-12-12 08:30 PM
    Is the 'live' service any good?

I've changed again to an @live account.
    07-12-12 08:34 PM
    Is the 'live' service any good?
    I just use it for forum subscriptions and personal. Works perfect on my pb in the native email.
    07-12-12 08:39 PM
    Sorry a few questions.

Do you use the Calendar and Contact features? Do they sync seamlessly on the BlackBerry?

Thanks.

I just use it for forum subscriptions and personal. Works perfect on my pb in the native email.
    07-12-12 08:55 PM
    I use the following email accounts, in order from most-used to least used:

1. Gmail
    2. Hotmail
    3. roadrunner.com (from my ISP Time-Warner)
    4. Yahoo

07-12-12 11:14 PM
    Sorry a few questions.

Do you use the Calendar and Contact features? Do they sync seamlessly on the BlackBerry?

Thanks.
    Since I've got my pb I don't even have email on my phone. I'm just an avg Joe and don't need email so I can't answer about how it works on the phone as the pb and phone use different systems.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    07-13-12 05:27 AM
    i say....... YOUTUBE!!!! only because if you go onto it and search 'chazzdawson' you'll find my singing profile with loads of videos of me singing on it!!
    07-13-12 07:24 AM
    ...come again?

i say....... YOUTUBE!!!! only because if you go onto it and search 'chazzdawson' you'll find my singing profile with loads of videos of me singing on it!!
    07-13-12 04:55 PM
    ...come again?
    Don't encourage them Navi
    07-13-12 05:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD