View Poll Results: What Do You Think About Twitter?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it. Can't get enough. Will Twitter until they bury me.

3 15.00%
  • It's cool. I think it will be around for a long time.

3 15.00%
  • Don't care about it one way or the other.

3 15.00%
  • Tried it. Waste of time. Not interested anymore.

9 45.00%
  • Dumbest idea I've ever seen. People who do it need to get a life.

2 10.00%
    Ok so when I first saw Twitter I thought it was a dumb idea. Then I started doing it and kinda got a little hooked and was putting up a couple of Tweets a day. It's been a few weeks and I haven't tweeted and really haven't missed it.

I've always thought that Twitter was going to be a flash in the pan eventually.

So what about you? What are your thoughts about Twitter?
    11-02-09 07:53 PM
    I have been making a concerted effort to use Twitter but I still find it to be
    pointless. After the World Series I am ditching it for good.
    11-02-09 08:54 PM
    Only thing I use twitter for is heads ups on a few live shows I watch from time to time, a couple of local places I shop/eat, will have tweet coupons. That and a few fitness related blog updates.

Don't actually tweet myself, mostly because I'm normally too busying doing what I'm doing at the time, to take time to "tweet" to the world what I'm doing. And if you're not doing it with me, I doubt you'd (the world) would care.
    11-02-09 09:50 PM
    I used to tweet all the time... That lasted a week. ~FIN~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:59 PM
    After the World Series I am ditching it for good.
    Based on the way things are going, that appears to be very soon.

And based on living in CT, I assume your team is going to win.
    11-02-09 10:02 PM
    Based on the way things are going, that appears to be very soon.

And based on living in CT, I assume your team is going to win.
    CT is Red Sox nation (aka the most obnoxious fans in the known universe.)
    But yes, my team (I grew up in NJ) will win. I'm happy with the loss tonight.
    I'd rather they win it at home in front of their fans.

Twitter has been fun for the Series, but I use it for nothing else.
    11-02-09 10:41 PM
    CT is Red Sox nation (aka the most obnoxious fans in the known universe.)
    Come visit Dodger Stadium when the San Francisco Giants are in town in Los Angeles. Dodger Stadium has to DOUBLE their security guard force whenever the Giants come to town to play because their fans who travel south to attend the games are so horribly terrible. Couple of years ago a visiting Giant fan actually killed a Dodger fan in the parking lot.

But yes, my team (I grew up in NJ) will win. I'm happy with the loss tonight.
    I'd rather they win it at home in front of their fans.
    Philly has 2 world series in their 100 plus year record and those games were against the KC Royales and the Florida Rays? Up against the winningest World Series team in all of baseball in all of history? And anyone thought this was a contest? LOL. Not a chance. It was always a win for NY.
    11-02-09 10:51 PM
    Neeeever used it.
    2 of my friends got into it though.... we stopped inviting them out with the rest of us, because every 5 seconds they'd have to tweet or respond to a tweet - etc... middle of partys, during a conversation, driving, eating, playing, taking a bath - whatever...

Really.
    Annoying.

One of them came back to us after a couple months - I asked what changed. She said "people didn't need to know every minute of what I was doing every day. And I didn't need to hear theirs. It got boring. And I was tired of hearing celebritys I was following on all the fantastic places they were going to, or what super-expensive car they just bought, or $2000 shoes they picked up in Milan - while we can barely afford to feed our kids and maintain a home in this economy."
    11-02-09 11:06 PM
    I gave up on twitter after a few months, it just requires too much of your time.

11-03-09 01:26 AM
    I've never used Twitter to get tired of it. Maybe because I'm on Facebook.

As far as the Dodger fans go, they're classless. Friend went to a game where they played the Angels and people were throwing hot dogs at a 12 year old wearing Angel gear and talking smack to him. Ended up making the kid cry. I love where I'm from but Dodger fans are embarassing.

11-03-09 01:34 AM
    11-03-09 08:07 AM
    As far as the Dodger fans go, they're classless. Friend went to a game where they played the Angels and people were throwing hot dogs at a 12 year old wearing Angel gear and talking smack to him. Ended up making the kid cry. I love where I'm from but Dodger fans are embarassing.
    I felt like going to a baseball game a few years back and the Dodgers were on the road. So I decided to go down to Anaheim and attend an Angels game. I think they were playing the Yankees. This was the season after the Angels won their only world series. It was a chilly night and so I wore my Dodger jacket. All night long I suffered the nasty comments from drunken Angels fans. After the game was over, I went out to my car and Mexicans were rioting all over the parking lot. I actually felt in serious jeopardy for my safety. Anaheim PD cars were POURING into the stadium parking lot. Everywhere you turned, there were fistfights and people smashing car windows. Property damage must have run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Classless and embarrassing? I've attended thousands of games at Dodger Stadium over the years and yes you can find boorish people anywhere you go but I've never been concerned about my physical safety at Dodger Stadium and I can't say that for games I've attended in San Francisco or Anaheim.

Based on those riots in Anaheim, I'd never go to that stadium again. Ever. How embarrassing that Angels fans are so violent and dangerous.

And don't even get me started about how classless it is to be embarrassed about the name of the city you play in to the point where you actually resort to stealing the name of another team's city ... "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?" ... What a joke.
    11-03-09 11:02 AM
    Neeeever used it.
    2 of my friends got into it though.... we stopped inviting them out with the rest of us, because every 5 seconds they'd have to tweet or respond to a tweet - etc... middle of partys, during a conversation, driving, eating, playing, taking a bath - whatever...

Really.
    Annoying.

One of them came back to us after a couple months - I asked what changed. She said "people didn't need to know every minute of what I was doing every day. And I didn't need to hear theirs. It got boring. And I was tired of hearing celebritys I was following on all the fantastic places they were going to, or what super-expensive car they just bought, or $2000 shoes they picked up in Milan - while we can barely afford to feed our kids and maintain a home in this economy."
    Excellent post. As the British might say ... "spot on."
    11-03-09 11:06 AM
    I felt like going to a baseball game a few years back and the Dodgers were on the road. So I decided to go down to Anaheim and attend an Angels game. I think they were playing the Yankees. This was the season after the Angels won their only world series. It was a chilly night and so I wore my Dodger jacket. All night long I suffered the nasty comments from drunken Angels fans. After the game was over, I went out to my car and Mexicans were rioting all over the parking lot. I actually felt in serious jeopardy for my safety. Anaheim PD cars were POURING into the stadium parking lot. Everywhere you turned, there were fistfights and people smashing car windows. Property damage must have run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Classless and embarrassing? I've attended thousands of games at Dodger Stadium over the years and yes you can find boorish people anywhere you go but I've never been concerned about my physical safety at Dodger Stadium and I can't say that for games I've attended in San Francisco or Anaheim.

Based on those riots in Anaheim, I'd never go to that stadium again. Ever. How embarrassing that Angels fans are so violent and dangerous.

And don't even get me started about how classless it is to be embarrassed about the name of the city you play in to the point where you actually resort to stealing the name of another team's city ... "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?" ... What a joke.
    That's a true statement, there. Angel games are getting to be worse than Dodger games. The fans are equally (if not more) obnoxious. Good luck walking to your car... I went to Angels vs. Yankees when the Yanks were in town and it was a freaking mess. Angel fans have no class, either.
    11-03-09 11:37 AM
    I have been making a concerted effort to use Twitter but I still find it to be
    pointless. After the World Series I am ditching it for good.

I did just that, deleted my account a few weeks ago...
    11-03-09 11:39 AM
    i'm pretty sick of Twitter. i liked it for a while but now it just feels impersonal. my friends and family know what i'm up to because i talk to them (email, phone, sms). i'll ditch it soon.

Never got on Facebook because i had MySpace for a year and it was such a chore.

i'm down with email, google talk, aim, sms, mms and bbm. That's really all i need to keep in touch.

11-03-09 11:41 AM
    i'm pretty sick of Twitter. i liked it for a while but now it just feels impersonal. my friends and family know what i'm up to because i talk to them (email, phone, sms). i'll ditch it soon.

Never got on Facebook because i had MySpace for a year and it was such a chore.

i'm down with email, google talk, aim, sms, mms and bbm. That's really all i need to keep in touch.
    Good points. So will Twitter as a company die a slow lingering death or will they adapt with new products and services and go on well into the future?
    11-03-09 12:21 PM
    That's a true statement, there. Angel games are getting to be worse than Dodger games. The fans are equally (if not more) obnoxious. Good luck walking to your car... I went to Angels vs. Yankees when the Yanks were in town and it was a freaking mess. Angel fans have no class, either.
    We oughta stay on topic and as the guy who opened this thread I shouldn't be going off topic BUT in all the games I've ever attended at Dodger Stadium (and there have been A LOT of those), I've never seen a fight or anyone threatened by a Dodger fan.

When it comes to hordes of people in fistfights trying to kill each other and destroying cars for the fun of it as I witnessed in Anaheim, that's pretty scary. It was scary enough that I'd never go to Anaheim to see another one of their games again.
    11-03-09 12:28 PM
    After the game was over, I went out to my car and Mexicans were rioting all over the parking lot.

So you looked and saw that each and every one of those people "rioting" were
    all Mexicans?

Yes, classless and embarassing. I loathe both the Angels and the Dodgers
    with such a passion, that "Passion of the Christ" needs a sequel. But Dodger
    fans take the cake in stupidity.
    11-03-09 12:39 PM
    So you looked and saw that each and every one of those people "rioting" were all Mexicans?
    No idea why but yes all the people I passed were rioting Mexicans. Probably some sort of gang thing. Who knows. But there were LOTS of them and they were rioting in the parking lot after the game.

Dozens of Anaheim PD cars had to flood into the parking lot. It was like a scene out of a movie. I got to my car and got out of there as quick as I could and have never gone back. Definitely not safe. I'll never go back to Anaheim to see a baseball game ever.
    11-03-09 12:46 PM
    Bury me with my BB so I can tweet about how the worms chewing my toes are annoying me
    11-03-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD