So,
    Not sure if anyone asked this before, but what would be your ideal Blackberry?
    So far mine would be, track-pad, full qwerty, GPS, and a little more element of fun, more entertainment.
    You?
    03-11-10 03:36 AM
    My 8900 is fine. A 9700 that was exactly the same size as my 8900 would probably also be fine although I prefer the 8900's keyboard.
    03-11-10 04:17 AM
    I would love a Curve 2 8530 model except with EVDO Rev A, slightly better screen rez and maybe just a slightly larger screen but not much, maybe just raise it a bit more where the "black berry" logo is but still keep the same size and weight as the current 8530.

Oh and add touch support. Not all touch screen phones need to have huge wide screens like the iphone or androids. Making the 8530 screen a simple touch screen for basic actions and moving around websites would make the phone 100% perfect for me.

I should make a photoshop mock up.
    03-11-10 04:20 AM
    Wow!!!! I get to build my perfect berry!!!
    OK - it would be the vertical slider as is currently leaked with the full keyboard, touchscreen and trackpad. Front facing 5mp camera for Skype and another in the back. (Not sure how that could happen on the slider, but I leave that to the development team!)
    All current functionalities except - new webkit, Flash, increased applications memory, ability to turn off threaded SMS if I want to.
    Wouldn't mind it if it were larger for the sake of the larger, Storm type screen.
    I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with the current OS, so normal evolution would be fine, I don't find that I want an overhaul.
    Oh, wait! Give me the option of getting it in the same metallic burgundy color as my 8310.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-11-10 at 05:25 AM.
    03-11-10 05:16 AM
    I got bored and made this.... I should have been sleeping instead, need to be up in 6 or hours but oh well. Its not very good and I made it fast but you get the basic idea

hope you like

03-11-10 05:16 AM
    IMO I have the perfect Berry-a 9700
    03-11-10 05:58 AM
    LOL!!!! yeah, I love my 9700, but I'm very fickle!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 06:15 AM
    You are not! Oh, phones!
    03-11-10 06:32 AM
    The new RIM browser will autowrap text when I zoom-in so there is no horizontal scrolling, just like my HTC Hero did.

Also that BB becomes a first-class citizen when it comes to app development. I want everything (fart apps and all) that iPhone/Android gets.

2-way Calendar/Contact/Email sync with the major ISPs and webmail providers. All over BIS for free.
    03-11-10 07:46 AM
    Ability to do a scheduled backup to a memory card.
    USB connection cradle with built in sync app like my old Palm device.
    Tabbed home screen to easily categorize apps.
    03-11-10 08:11 AM
    I want an iPhone emulator :P lol so I can run the NASA app and other stuff that the iPhone gets that I can't have lol Since I am not interested in the Storm though I would probably not get to use it even if there was one.

In general more and better apps as others said (FYI there is at least one fart app for BB :P).

My 9700 in that dark burgundy color the Curve comes in would be sexy.

ETA: A tabbed browser. More on-board memory. Appworld not deleting itself if I forget and delete an app without going into Appworld to do it :P Calendar showing some other indication of events, that little dot doesn't really do it for me :P
    Last edited by JenOfTheW; 03-11-10 at 08:50 AM.
    03-11-10 08:48 AM
    My Storm 2 is the perfect phone for me...best one I've ever owned.
    03-11-10 09:02 AM
    IMO I have the perfect Berry-a 9700
    +1, love everything about mine too
    03-11-10 10:29 AM
    You are not! Oh, phones!
    Hee, hee....tech, love, tech.....

All tech is disposible - mine is lucky if it's still in the house after 18 months!
    03-11-10 12:05 PM
    more internal memory coupled with tabbed browser will make everything perfect.
    03-11-10 12:26 PM
    use opera

03-11-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD