Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1237
Like Tree3633Likes
  1. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    594 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default The Friendly Darkside: Tea, Coffee, and big or small Sodas?

    The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

    Yeah, well I've been told to lighten up with respect to my comment about this post. Here's the thing...I can't. This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities. I've been on this site for quite a few years and seen a lot of edgy stuff and really appreciate it but this is over the top and I want the site admins to take it down and apologize. I've watched this site grow over the years to a one-stop fountain of knowledge about all things BlackBerry. It's also a place where, with few exceptions, people are respectful of one anothers' opinions even when they disagree.

    Part of having certain standards is making a stand. You see, it's part of the word itself, isn't it? This site has to reach for a higher standard than it did in its early days because its reaching a larger audience than it did back in the day.

    So, It offends me, yes. Does it make me a prude? I don't think so. I'm writing this because I care.
    chronic BlackBerry addict and abuser
    Thanked by 22:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    austriker (02-09-2013),  barbarianthemadserb (02-09-2013),  BigAl_BB9900 (02-09-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-09-2013),  Bumble2000 (02-10-2013),  cajunberry (02-10-2013),  Carlos_E (02-10-2013),  Dirks2.0 (02-09-2013),  FoxxBerry (02-09-2013),  galleon (02-10-2013),  Innerchild (02-09-2013),  KittyBomb (02-09-2013),  lockedtight (02-09-2013),  Mr.Willie (02-09-2013),  Plazmic Flame (02-09-2013),  Professional_Tickle_Fighter (02-09-2013),  rdifiori (02-09-2013),  Syrous44 (02-10-2013),  Techno-Emigre (02-09-2013),  Tkarps (02-09-2013),  xiaohuaxing (02-09-2013),  Yomie96 (02-09-2013) 
    Qaxl, galleon, xiaohuaxing and 8 others like this.
  2. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

    Yeah, well I've been told to lighten up with respect to my comment about this post. Here's the thing...I can't. This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities. I've been on this site for quite a few years and seen a lot of edgy stuff and really appreciate it but this is over the top and I want the site admins to take it down and apologize. I've watched this site grow over the years to a one-stop fountain of knowledge about all things BlackBerry. It's also a place where, with few exceptions, people are respectful of one anothers' opinions even when they disagree.

    Part of having certain standards is making a stand. You see, it's part of the word itself, isn't it? This site has to reach for a higher standard than it did in its early days because its reaching a larger audience than it did back in the day.

    So, It offends me, yes. Does it make me a prude? I don't think so. I'm writing this because I care.
    What are you talking about? Do you see any porn?
    Grow up, you're not making a stand, you're making a fuss.
    If it offends you close your eyes and get off the internet, you won't believe some of the stuff you'll find on the interweb...
    Thanked by 31:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    black hole (02-10-2013),  BThunderW (02-09-2013),  Clinto (02-09-2013),  Eric Shapiro (03-27-2013),  FantomLightning (02-09-2013),  ibpluto (02-09-2013),  jesse_h (02-09-2013),  JohnnyWalla (02-09-2013),  jon4400 (02-09-2013),  just_luc (02-09-2013),  LazyEvul (02-09-2013),  Lendo (02-09-2013),  MACKSnare519 (02-10-2013),  Made in flanders (02-10-2013),  metz9444 (02-09-2013),  mikeo007 (02-09-2013),  MoolahMitch (02-09-2013),  nappp (02-09-2013),  northernrds (02-09-2013),  pallox (02-11-2013),  rexxenex (02-09-2013),  Shadowyugi (02-09-2013),  sheeraz_aa (02-09-2013),  SK122387 (02-09-2013),  susu222 (02-09-2013),  Tilman Mueller (02-10-2013),  Tom689 (02-09-2013),  TrickyCase (02-09-2013),  Yomie96 (02-09-2013) 
  3. Morpheus's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

    Yeah, well I've been told to lighten up with respect to my comment about this post. Here's the thing...I can't. This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities. I've been on this site for quite a few years and seen a lot of edgy stuff and really appreciate it but this is over the top and I want the site admins to take it down and apologize. I've watched this site grow over the years to a one-stop fountain of knowledge about all things BlackBerry. It's also a place where, with few exceptions, people are respectful of one anothers' opinions even when they disagree.

    Part of having certain standards is making a stand. You see, it's part of the word itself, isn't it? This site has to reach for a higher standard than it did in its early days because its reaching a larger audience than it did back in the day.

    So, It offends me, yes. Does it make me a prude? I don't think so. I'm writing this because I care.
    This goes with my post to the mods and bloggers....this one in particular didn't need ot be on your front page however useful it may be...
    911 takes too long, a squeeze of the trigger will solve the problem...and I can save minutes...when seconds count...

    Morpheus@crackberry.com

    twitter @jmjacksonF135
    WhatNext likes this.
  4. PeterRei's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default Offensive Post by Site Admins

    Yes, Bla1ze just destroyed CrackBerry
    Just to make it clear: sorry to those offended, but a little humour and tolerance helps a lot and would make our world a better place to live
    Thanked by 3:
    MoolahMitch (02-09-2013),  steve911 (02-10-2013),  susu222 (02-09-2013) 
  5. dynot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    800 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities.
    Trust me...if they're on the internet, they've seen a lot worse.
    Thanked by 4:
    bigbmc26 (02-10-2013),  Eric Shapiro (03-27-2013),  pallox (02-11-2013),  vespajet (02-09-2013) 
  6. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    594 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterRei View Post
    Yes, Bla1ze just destroyed CrackBerry
    Just to make it clear: sorry to those offended, but a little humour and tolerance helps a lot and would make our world a better place to live
    I'm not planning to reply to individual posts on this, but since this is pretty representative of what people are likely to say, I'll pick yours. No offense. ;-)

    I am considered a very humorous person by my friends and family. I am *not* an in-your-face moralist or a religious zealot. I'm neither a lefty or a righty in my political views. What I *am* is a father of two, a C-level professional and a devoted fanboy of this site, having been here for over 4 years. I want it to continue to grow up and be the one-stop shop for this addictive thing we call the BlackBerry experience. Part of growing up is trying to appeal to as wide a population base as possible and finding a balance between editorial edginess and information. I don't want this site to become some kind of dry CNET-like news site. That "just ain't my thang". If I found this offensive, lots of others did too. I'm not on a crusade, vendetta or mission. I want (sorry, *expect*) better from the mods on this site.
    chronic BlackBerry addict and abuser
    Thanked by 10:
    BigAl_BB9900 (02-09-2013),  Bumble2000 (02-10-2013),  FoxxBerry (02-09-2013),  galleon (02-10-2013),  Lyls (02-09-2013),  Professional_Tickle_Fighter (02-09-2013),  rdcanuck (02-10-2013),  RocPlayr (02-09-2013),  tilapya (02-10-2013),  xiaohuaxing (02-09-2013) 
  7. valeuche's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    568 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397
    #7  

    Default Offensive Post by Site Admins

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

    Yeah, well I've been told to lighten up with respect to my comment about this post. Here's the thing...I can't. This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities. I've been on this site for quite a few years and seen a lot of edgy stuff and really appreciate it but this is over the top and I want the site admins to take it down and apologize. I've watched this site grow over the years to a one-stop fountain of knowledge about all things BlackBerry. It's also a place where, with few exceptions, people are respectful of one anothers' opinions even when they disagree.

    Part of having certain standards is making a stand. You see, it's part of the word itself, isn't it? This site has to reach for a higher standard than it did in its early days because its reaching a larger audience than it did back in the day.

    So, It offends me, yes. Does it make me a prude? I don't think so. I'm writing this because I care.
    What is the offensive part? The word porn or the topic of hiding files?
    jesse_h, Clinto, pallox and 7 others like this.
  8. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,677 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #8  

    Default

    Never a shortage of people ready to judge other people and be the first to throw that stone. People who are into porn perhaps want to know how to hide it from their kids if they hand them the phone to play a game.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  9. PeterRei's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default Offensive Post by Site Admins

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    I'm not planning to reply to individual posts on this, but since this is pretty representative of what people are likely to say, I'll pick yours. No offense. ;-)
    No problem



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    h20work and BergerKing like this.
  10. whitbags's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I have been known to photograph a particularly enormous turd, for the amusement of one or two particularly childish friends I have. I'd rather that was hidden from the kids, when they pick up my phone.
  11. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    I'm not planning to reply to individual posts on this, but since this is pretty representative of what people are likely to say, I'll pick yours. No offense. ;-)

    I am considered a very humorous person by my friends and family. I am *not* an in-your-face moralist or a religious zealot. I'm neither a lefty or a righty in my political views. What I *am* is a father of two, a C-level professional and a devoted fanboy of this site, having been here for over 4 years. I want it to continue to grow up and be the one-stop shop for this addictive thing we call the BlackBerry experience. Part of growing up is trying to appeal to as wide a population base as possible and finding a balance between editorial edginess and information. I don't want this site to become some kind of dry CNET-like news site. That "just ain't my thang". If I found this offensive, lots of others did too. I'm not on a crusade, vendetta or mission. I want (sorry, *expect*) better from the mods on this site.
    Personally I find you pushing your views, your demands for censorship of a WORD, and your decision to start a new thread to push your views instead of the article comment section, offensive.
    I think if anyone should be apologising, it's you.
    And again, as I've said before, if you find a WORD needs to be censored, not even pics or explicit material, I put it to you that you are either very much a prude, or overcompensating for being a person on the inside far worse than anyone who read that article.
    Either way, any upset as a result of this article is your problem, and no one else's.
    Thanked by 7:
    black hole (02-10-2013),  BoldtotheMax (02-09-2013),  Eric Shapiro (03-27-2013),  FantomLightning (02-09-2013),  jesse_h (02-09-2013),  leehardballer12 (02-09-2013),  pallox (02-11-2013) 
    phylez, jesse_h, h20work and 14 others like this.
  12. Flexin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    PIN
    283B671D
    #12  

    Default

    I don't have my Z10 yet so that story answered a question I didn't ask yet. I think it was well done and not offensive to me at all.

    I noticed it when it was posted and didn't have time to read it. After reading this thread I had to check it out. You made it sound like it was a nasty article. It was nothing like what I expected. I have no idea what you find offensive unless you are bothered by the picture or the word porn.

    I would be disappointed if it was removed.

    James
    Thanked by 2:
    Made in flanders (02-10-2013),  nappp (02-09-2013) 
  13. Ray III's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    355 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Thank you for posting that link. I enjoyed reading the offensive article.
  14. vzinside's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    267 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    If porn offends you, why did you click on a post called "The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com" If you don't have any on your phone, then you would have no need to know this info, but I have a ton of porn vids and pics on my phone. I don't think that anybody needs to see them. So this info is helpful to some. If something offends you, don't expose yourself to it. Just scroll right on by.
    Thanked by 2:
    black hole (02-10-2013),  vespajet (02-09-2013) 
  15. oolm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    The reason I decided to follow Crackberry was because of the great support and offerings of all BlacBerry news and ideas. I've been enjoying the writing of the staff and the positive and thoughtful comments from the forums. I chose to simply pass over and ignore the negative comments. I cannot, however, overlook the apparent approval and encouragement of porn. It seems to me that you need to decide what level of professionalism you want to be identified with. We all have the right to make our own lifestyle choices but we do not have the right to impose them on others. I truly hope you will decide to be sensitive to all of your followers.
    Thanked by 2:
    Carlos_E (02-10-2013),  galleon (02-10-2013) 
    galleon, Carlos_E and richardat like this.
  16. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    16,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,732 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vzinside View Post
    If porn offends you, why did you click on a post called "The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com" If you don't have any on your phone, then you would have no need to know this info, but I have a ton of porn vids and pics on my phone. I don't think that anybody needs to see them. So this info is helpful to some. If something offends you, don't expose yourself to it. Just scroll right on by.
    ^^^^this.

    Besides, as adults, people enjoy porn. People are sexual beings. Better to know how to remove it from sight of a child who might get hold of your device before the lock kicks in than to have your seven year old get an eyeful of something she's not ready to see yet.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 4:
    black hole (02-10-2013),  Eric Shapiro (03-27-2013),  jesse_h (02-09-2013),  pallox (02-11-2013) 
  17. vzinside's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    267 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oolm View Post
    The reason I decided to follow Crackberry was because of the great support and offerings of all BlacBerry news and ideas. I've been enjoying the writing of the staff and the positive and thoughtful comments from the forums. I chose to simply pass over and ignore the negative comments. I cannot, however, overlook the apparent approval and encouragement of porn. It seems to me that you need to decide what level of professionalism you want to be identified with. We all have the right to make our own lifestyle choices but we do not have the right to impose them on others. I truly hope you will decide to be sensitive to all of your followers.
    I would rather them come out and say porn, then say adult pictures. In the end its the same thing. Naked people. Not everyone is a prude. It's not like they are saying, "Go out and download porn on your phone!"
    jesse_h likes this.
  18. emstardeluxe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,445 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Hello, can of worms
  19. megajo123's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    So, who is it that owns this site?Is it not them who set the standards? If you don't want to use this site because you think its offensive, then so be it. Lets just change the Readers per month from 13,102,764 to 13,102,763....I don't think anyones going to cry

    My comment on that article:
    "Don't be a cloud on a sunny day!" "Yea webmeister, chill!"

    "Respect Mr.Blaze man!"
    Thanked by 2:
    black hole (02-10-2013),  lorax1284 (02-10-2013) 
  20. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    16,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,732 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emstardeluxe View Post
    Hello, can of worms
    People with this kind of wit should have many, many babies.....
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-09-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  21. shellnsean's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    214 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    This is an informative site. It covers all bases! If something offended you, then obviously that's you're right. You're entitled to your feelings.

    Porn mags may be more your speed.

    Maybe the word porn offends?

    Maybe some are offended by Angry Birds? It's their right if they are.

    The problem is when someone pushes their own standards onto someone else. Jill celebrates porn but John may be offended. John could choose to read something else.
    Thanked by 4:
    black hole (02-10-2013),  Flexin (02-09-2013),  northernrds (02-09-2013),  sewnut (02-10-2013) 
  22. plasmid_boy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,284 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmeister View Post
    The ability to hide your porn now requires an app on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

    Yeah, well I've been told to lighten up with respect to my comment about this post. Here's the thing...I can't. This site is frequented by people of different races, creeds, religions, ages, and sensibilities. I've been on this site for quite a few years and seen a lot of edgy stuff and really appreciate it but this is over the top and I want the site admins to take it down and apologize. I've watched this site grow over the years to a one-stop fountain of knowledge about all things BlackBerry. It's also a place where, with few exceptions, people are respectful of one anothers' opinions even when they disagree.

    Part of having certain standards is making a stand. You see, it's part of the word itself, isn't it? This site has to reach for a higher standard than it did in its early days because its reaching a larger audience than it did back in the day.

    So, It offends me, yes. Does it make me a prude? I don't think so. I'm writing this because I care.
    Not arguing or debating, just trying to understand. Are you offended by mentioning sex as a subject, or the concept of pornography, or just the word pornography?
    I am a little perplexed because sex is the top one or two things that I like in life (so does all my friends and everyone that I had ever talked to). I am married with two kids.
    I found Blaze1's post kinda funny and informative (even thought I don't have pornography on my phone), and curious about your point of view.
  23. battery's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    399 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    You don't pay for your membership here. You really don't have a right to complain what is posted.

    They do make money from advertising and the more visitors they have means more advertising so If you choose to no longer visit then that is a consequence that they will have to deal with.

    I personally thought it was a good post. Also, they always seem to mention the porn topic here and there. Didn't Kevin mention sanitizing his keyboard earlier as well?

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I type like what I am saying is fact. It's probably not.
  24. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #24  

    Default Offensive Post by Site Admins

    In my case it's the Jessica Rabbit pics I need to hide. If Ms Trueheart ever found those on my phone I fear there will be stewed rabbit simmering on the front burner come dinner time.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jafobabe (02-09-2013) 
  25. DPanacci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I don't see how that post is offensive in anyway. The picture shows nothing, besides the title having the word "porn " I don't see why it would offended anyone or why crackberry needs to apologize. This is the Internet if a post like that offends you then maybe the Internet as a whole just isn't for you cause there are much much worse things you could have seen. Also the post with rachelle wilde was way more out there than this post but funny how that didn't offended you.
Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 01:38 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 12:50 AM
  4. me and bb need to be in the u.s. to activate new service? or not?
    By javelin in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions