I love forums, especially CrackBerry and the other Mobile Nations forums. I've found the answers to nearly every question I've ever had. One question I've never asked, even though I've never had this happen to me, I see it ALL the time... is it required that we ridicule people who ask a question that's been answered before or make them feel stupid for not knowing how to do something? Isn't that why people come here? I don't expect people read every thread in the entire forum before asking a question and the search function is not always that useful when it comes to finding what you're looking for. Having the answer to a question in multiple threads can actually be good because it provides different context and makes it easier for people to find the next time it's searched for. For instance, I found how to get my black calendar back in a completely unrelated Q10 thread.

It takes more time to be snarky and talk down to someone than it does to simply be helpful. Maybe you feel better because you knew something the other person didn't or some will say, "Proper forum etiquette says to search before posting!" That's true and proper forum etiquette also says not to reply to someone simply to say "Search!" If you don't like that they asked the question then don't reply. If you actually want to help, point them to the thread where it was answered.

I don't want people to stop asking questions for fear of being made to feel stupid for not already knowing the answer. No one knows everything. Let's just help people. I'll be the first to point out I'm not a long-time BlackBerry user but I still try to contribute where I can. There was a time none of us knew the answer. It should be more rewarding to you to pass along your knowledge than to hold it over someone.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-04-13 03:06 PM
    I agree with you op. Unfortunately, there are people on this site who feel that everyone must be either a blind a$$ fanboy, or a troll. Ignore them. There are people on this site that will help you. Those that insist on being less than helpful are generally cognitively impaired and as useless as teats on a goose.

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-04-13 03:25 PM
    Haven't member for too long but, aside from your occasional jerk, most people are helpful. I've asked many a question on here to which the answer, after explained seemed pretty obvious, and have never been made fun of. This forum is very friendly

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-04-13 03:28 PM
    I sincerely hope that everyone you meet here tried to help in a friendly way. I do think people get a bit jumpy when they feel folks don't read the rest of the thread where they are posting their questions. Many of the things folks wanna know have been answered in the same thread in which they are posting. But you are correct, no reason to get mean or snarky.

We hope to provide all with a great experience here. If you ever need help, please be sure to flag down a mod or an ambassador as we are here to serve.
    shaleem, hamsterwheel and middbrew like this.
    08-04-13 04:24 PM
    ^^^^^^ Yes!
    08-04-13 07:08 PM
    Very well said tqmcquire. This is a forum for all levels of users. This is for the devices we have and our tech ability with them and the our computer skills. So as JayDee said "We hope to provide all with a great experience here. If you ever need help, please be sure to flag down a mod or an ambassador as we are here to serve".
    08-04-13 07:35 PM
    I luv you all . for the help I've needed and got from sincere members
    jaydee5799 and shaleem like this.
    08-04-13 09:35 PM
    How much did Apple pay you to start this thread, huh? Can't fool us.
    Undbiter65, jaydee5799 and shaleem like this.
    08-04-13 09:40 PM
    For searching I recommend using Google to search the forums. Like so.

"How to recover nuked BlackBerry" site: forums.crackberry.com

Google is infinitely better than the forum search function.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-04-13 09:41 PM