I have a quick question for someone who works with computers please ... So my HP DV7 laptop is a few weeks old and ever since I first turned it on for the first time the fan spins (quietly) low as soon as I hit the start power button ...the fan kicks on a second before the screen does ... the entire time I am on my laptop ( 5 minutes or a few hours ) the fan NEVER turns off ...The laptop this HP replaced the fan would turn on and off every so often .... The fan stays on spinning quietly and constant even in idle , so I took it back to Best Buy and two different stores told me that wasnt normal but as I call HP support they say it is normal and I have a problem if the fan isnt spinning constant ... so confused if anyone could help I would apreciate ita ton! If it matters the full model is HP DV7 3079 its 17 inch / AMD Turion 2 Ultra M600 (whatever all that means) 620 GB / 4 GB Ram / Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics / Windows 7 Home Premium / 2.4 ghz pro.
    01-30-10 01:32 AM
    I believe the fan on my DV5 spins continuously, although very quietly. Occasionally I will hear the fan speed up and be loud. This usually happens when I leave it sitting on something where there's poor ventilation such as on a sofa cushion.
    01-30-10 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD