Yesterday when I read that there was tentative offer which was accepted by blackberry from Fairfax I was very concerned. I read through the comments on the blog post and it seemed most people who did not have shares thought bb going private was a good thing.... and it may of been if it was another company.

Fairfax is in the business of buying dieing companies and selling the patents. After that they will fire sale anything and everything the company has left.

If this holds true for BlackBerry it means the end.

The ceo of Fairfax stated he wants blackberry to remain Canadian and it may do for a few months. But Fairfax is not and does not build companies up...it breaks them down....

I sincerely hope the Canadian government blocks the deal....this can't be another nortel event....

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:51 AM
    It's out of our hands. We'll just have to wait and see. And hope for the best! lol. Stay positive. Cheers!

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-24-13 07:55 AM
    Yesterday when I read that there was tentative offer which was accepted by blackberry from Fairfax I was very concerned. I read through the comments on the blog post and it seemed most people who did not have shares thought bb going private was a good thing.... and it may of been if it was another company.

Fairfax is in the business of buying dieing companies and selling the patents. After that they will fire sale anything and everything the company has left.

If this holds true for BlackBerry it means the end.

The ceo of Fairfax stated he wants blackberry to remain Canadian and it may do for a few months. But Fairfax is not and does not build companies up...it breaks them down....

I sincerely hope the Canadian government blocks the deal....this can't be another nortel event....

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    There is no money in breaking up the company.
    09-24-13 08:07 AM