I have a Dell laptop (first mistake I know) that for some reason is running through AC adapters. I've gone through 3 in the last 4 months. This last one buzzes when plugged in but won't charge. Any ideas why? Should I fix whatever the issue or get a new laptop (the fix will be via Geek Squad). Also, I only paid 400 for this brand new and so far put an additional 100 into, I needed a new hard drive last Nov. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 05:50 PM
    I'd just buy a new one or test the charging port on the actuall laptop to make sure it isn't making chargers break

06-30-11 05:59 PM
    How old is it? Under warranty?
    06-30-11 06:16 PM
    I'd just buy a new one or test the charging port on the actuall laptop to make sure it isn't making chargers break

Thanks!!! 10 charac
    06-30-11 07:38 PM
    How old is it? Under warranty?
    I got it brand new in 2009. No, it is not under warranty.
    06-30-11 07:39 PM
    What about the battery in it, could it be killing the adapter because there is something wrong with it? Have you ever tried it without the battery in it? I know that takes away the portable but could let you know if it is something in the battery but then again you'd have to buy yet another adapter to test.

Also are buying OEM adapters or cheap aftermarket ones?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-30-11 at 07:56 PM. Reason: add about oem
    06-30-11 07:55 PM
    What about the battery in it, could it be killing the adapter because there is something wrong with it? Have you ever tried it without the battery in it? I know that takes away the portable but could let you know if it is something in the battery but then again you'd have to buy yet another adapter to test.

Also are buying OEM adapters or cheap aftermarket ones?
    Thanks so much, I took the battery out and the AC adapter works great. They are all OEM. I will not purchase at battery at $130---highway robbery if you ask me!! Thanks again!
    06-30-11 09:25 PM
    NP, happy to help and glad it can save you bucks for awhile yet.
    06-30-11 09:29 PM
    My dell's been been great. sad you fixed your issue tho.
    06-30-11 11:09 PM
    My netbook's battery refuses to even charge anymore after a year of use! It's a nettop like your DellTop :\

07-01-11 04:31 AM
    It should work with no battery in it also.
    07-01-11 05:57 AM
    Thanks so much, I took the battery out and the AC adapter works great. They are all OEM. I will not purchase at battery at $130---highway robbery if you ask me!! Thanks again!
    Check out Batteries Plus battery store - All your battery needs for Laptop, camera, cell phone, camcorder, SLA, batteries recycling and much more. They tend to have batteries at a decent discount.
    07-01-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD