I was born in Cincinnati Ohio, USA in 1982. Went to a Public Elementary School, went to a Public Middle school. It was Walnut Hills High School (7-12) advanced placement schooling, the school had one major policy - you fail two classes in semester they asked you to leave. Well half way through my 8th grade year my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. So my grades dropped, pretty quickly and i was asked to leave WHHS. So i started 9th grade a very small private school. Enrolled in the Football Program, just so i could get to know people but i ended up loving football but anyway i sat the bench my whole entire freshman year. so i got motivated and worked out 3 times a week, weight trained, the whole summer long. Sat week 1's game and weeks 2's game souring week 3's practices i asked my coach if i could start Friday's game. So he gave me one chance his words were "play the position you want to play in Friday's game. you get to the QB before he throws the ball on a 5 step drop on you start Friday night". So i lined up in the Nose Tackle's spot, Zack (the QB) called the play, entire O-Line and secondaries came to set.... snap of the ball and i had Zack on the ground before his third step. So to say the least i started Week three of my sophomore year and stayed their till i graduated 3 years later.

I guess my story's moral would be : if you have a chance take it, even if the odds are stacking up against you take it .. .. .. you never know what the out come will be.
    09-23-09 09:49 AM
    How epic...

My story:

I was born...had a hard life and jumped many hurdles...was also in advanced placement classes...graduated with honors and chip on shoulder...put myself through college while raising a family...graduated college with MS in Engineering. Currently, my kids and I live a very happy life.

Moral of the story: Don't be a sissy. Grab life by the horns and make something out of it...otherwise it'll pass you by and you'll die unfulfilled.
    09-23-09 11:52 AM
    I'll try me in a nutshell. Parents divorced at 5. Grew up in Section 8, food stamps, gov't cheese, the whole shebang. Graduated HS, joined the Navy.Was Married, Widowed, got out of the Navy, Remarried, got Breast Cancer, got divorced. Believe it or not, I consider myself blessed everyday. I have a great job, great friends and family,and an amazing church/faith/relationship with God. I have a great house, dog, and am still great friends with my ex. Couldn't ask for more.
    Moral? God is my strength. Pretty much it...
    09-24-09 08:32 PM
    Hmm... I was born in Seoul, Korea. Put up for adoption...adopted by Caucaision couple, moved all over the world since they were military. Graduated high school in 2003...went to college for a semester, then went into the Air Force. Been to Florida, Korea, and North Carolina. While I was in Korea I found and met my biological mom and father. Found out I have 3 brothers from my dad and 1 sister from my mom. (They were never married or anything.) Taking everything in life a day at a time....

BTW I speak fluent Korean, which I taught to myself.... :-)
    09-25-09 12:40 PM
    Born in Utah, grew up real close with family, got through high school, got a job doin tech support for the best wireless provider, that will help pay for my schooling, have a son whose a year old and he's made me want to be a better person. 3rd year of college and i can't wait to see what happens next.
    Moral: Don't stop stomping till you can't feel your feet.
    09-25-09 01:10 PM
    Born in Utah, grew up real close with family, got through high school, got a job doin tech support for the best wireless provider, that will help pay for my schooling, have a son whose a year old and he's made me want to be a better person. 3rd year of college and i can't wait to see what happens next.
    Moral: Don't stop stomping till you can't feel your feet.

I didn't know you worked for Sprint. Crazyness.....
    09-25-09 02:50 PM
    I didn't know you worked for Sprint. Crazyness.....
    You must be even crazier to think that I work for Sprint LOL
    09-25-09 03:25 PM
    Was born in Moscow, Russia in 1987. Grew up there, switching schools as we moved between the flats.Finished the K-12 education and got into Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology(and that wasn't easy, considering I'm 50% jewish,and that does make a difference), got married on the 2nd year and my son was born 6 months after,needed to work so I could support my family, so I went to Russian State University for the Humanities and worked for them as an English Instructor(Didn't have the credentials so they were unable to make me a full-time professor)and worked for them until the beginning of this summer-I've moved to the US so it's impossibl for now, though I'm writing a textbook on International travel for them(in English,of course).
    Unfortunately, split with my wife when my son was only 7 months old, hads to go through a divorce process and had a hard time defending my rights to see him(it's obviously the right i had, but i had to fight for that). He now lives with my Ex's mother, and that is about 100mi away from Moscow, so I had to somehow make room for visits to him, and that's almost impossible being full-time student and a full-time teacher at the same time, but I did it. Graduated as a MS in Electronic Circuits this spring, filed papers for Masters' degree in the same field and the same University, taking second major in language education at the same time(So I'd be able to teach legally).
    Now I've moved to the US, found a job(I'm a head of IT dept. in a small financial company in SF), and as far as I've saved some $$ for myself throughout the last year, I'm planning to go to one of Cali's Universities to have another Masters' degree(not to waste time).I like teaching people, regardless of the subject, and I think that's what I can do best.I can do business as well(those 50% of a jew don't ever go away,heh=), but I feel I might be needed as a teacher.
    Moral: You can't win a lottery if you've never ever bought a ticket.You have to push yourself to do more than you think you can and never underestimate. Two years ago when I was getting married I haven't even thought of how everything may turn out.
    09-26-09 09:31 PM
    My story: Born on July 4th 1985. Raise by my lesbian mother and her partner. Mothers partner abusive to both of us. Age 12, moms partner dies. Sad and relieved at the same time. 6 month later, move to Wi with mom and her new partner. Go from 3000+ student school to 125 student school. Go to private lutheran hs. Come out of the closet junior year. Senior year, 3 weeks before graduation, school admins want me to leave. They agrred to let me graduate if I don't talk about then gf. Graduate. Start doing drugs. Move to Tn winter after graduation. Gf and I split. Continue doing drugs but take care of myself. Realize I am not a lesbian, just curious, and start dating guys again. One bf gets hooked on bad drugs and blames me for everything. We split, I quit hard drugs and go soft. Meet random girl at laundry mat. Explained situation and she offers me a room with her and her roomate. Accept. Move in and begin my relationship with God. Continue working and doing soft drugs, then I meet future hubby. Stop doing drugs. Mom decides she is no longer gay, moves to ca to be with 23 year old boy. Ugh. Move in the bf house. Get preggo 1 1/2 after dating. Get married. Have another baby. Still have great relationship with God. Now going to school to get Nursing degree.
    Moral: You Never, Ever, Ever know where you will end up in life. Thank God He does!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 07:25 PM
    I realize I could be opening a huge bag of worms here but how the **** do you go from being a lesbian to not like that? You were raised by two lesbians so it's not much of a wonder that you were confused, but what was your moms deal?
    09-30-09 08:07 PM
    Oh as for my story: I was born in 1980. Some time around November 2008 I bought my first Blackberry. Life has been good since then.
    09-30-09 08:14 PM
    I realize I could be opening a huge bag of worms here but how the **** do you go from being a lesbian to not like that? You were raised by two lesbians so it's not much of a wonder that you were confused, but what was your moms deal?
    Mom had a mid life crisis and ran off with a younger guy.*Shrugs* My other Mom is straight now too, actually. She was never with a guy before now, so I don't know. I stopped asking questions a loooong time ago.

09-30-09 11:44 PM
    Mom had a mid life crisis and ran off with a younger guy.*Shrugs* My other Mom is straight now too, actually. She was never with a guy before now, so I don't know. I stopped asking questions a loooong time ago.

Hahahaha. Thats cool.
    10-01-09 11:53 AM
    Born in Kansas city, public schools, in 11th year I was almost put in jail for attemped manslaughter. They said I slammed a kids head over and over into the bricks and I didn't. 12th year I finished high school and my family began to fall apart. So now my grandma is gone, my dad left us, my uncle left his family, one aunt is a hardcore funndie, and I'm left uninsured and unable to afford it thanks to my kidney stones.

On the up side I have an amazing girl who can deal with my crazy, and isn't scared with my panic attacks kick in.
    10-01-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD