Well, i did. Well used to. Lol.

Basically i chose to get the bold, which im excited to get on Wed. And voda told me to sell my storm on ebay, which was abit weird them saying that.

Anyways im the type of guy that has nothing good for sale ever. Im a horder haha. And i only tend to buy from ebay and not sell. Anyways so i put a Nokia e90 on and my Storm 9500 for 250.

Get this email from ebay saying congrats i managed to sell both phones and i got near enough �600 plus for both. I was like get in lol. So being nieve with ebay, i proceed to invoice them the postage which would ship to Nigera.

Yes thats right, no disrespect intended i was abit jubious shipping that far because i never done over seas mail. And the fact they has no rating.

So i cancel the transaction and politly email them saying its abit to far to post and i wouldnt feel safe in it being delieverd etc etc... So i fall to sleep and get a email for when i wake, saying sorry about the late payment i have been on royalmail worked out the postage and added it onto MY original price so it would cover it. Which seeing that to me thought damn they really want it.

Next thing i get an email from Paypal saying user X has just added �700 to your account but cannot recieve till i have postage. This sounded weird to me, but i never sold before so i thought it was legit. But after recieving another email from user X saying post it first thing today with the tracking number you will get your money made me very sceptical. I rang paypal and turns out it was a spoof email and i was very lucky not to send.

Now i have �155.00 in fee's from ebay because it takes 14 days to file a complaint.

Felt so silly ha.

Long read thought id share.

~Joe
    05-25-09 02:55 PM
    I'd never sell a phone on ebay again. Tried a few times always got the scam emails. My brothers girl actually sent her phone once. She got done out of �400. I just send my old phones to envirofone, it's less hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 01:16 AM
    I'd never sell a phone on ebay again. Tried a few times always got the scam emails. My brothers girl actually sent her phone once. She got done out of �400. I just send my old phones to envirofone, it's less hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I would do that, but they only give me �60 pound lol. Sucks.
    05-26-09 02:20 AM
    Bud, you were about to have been scammed.

I am becoming a firm beleiver that when I hear the word Nigeria I immediately turn into a total skeptic.
    05-26-09 05:00 AM
    You should see the fake paypal email i got. It looks so so real.

Id post if you want. Dunno if im allowed to add emails and stuff though.
    05-26-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD