How can you all even be so sure it'll be released and won't be canceled in favor for another more practical model to be released later in 2010?
    12-02-09 08:08 PM
    So much speculation, so little fact. My personal guess is that it won't be available at least until summer of 2010. I may be wrong, but I don't care. Anyone agree with this estimate? I'd like to see it come earlier for myself and everyone who wants to buy one, but I feel like I'm just being realistic.
    12-02-09 08:21 PM
    So much speculation, so little fact. My personal guess is that it won't be available at least until summer of 2010. I may be wrong, but I don't care. Anyone agree with this estimate? I'd like to see it come earlier for myself and everyone who wants to buy one, but I feel like I'm just being realistic.
    Q1 2010. From someone at RIM.
    12-02-09 09:53 PM
    I've already decided to bite the bullet and switch to a 9630 from my storm1 instead of waiting for this to be released. if it's anything like rumors of when it was first released, there's probably going to be a few issues that i might be able to exchange for a replacement, which might be the tour2 at that time. who knows.
    12-02-09 10:36 PM
    Quit whining.

And put a shirt on.
    LMAO...funniest post I've read all week!
    12-03-09 01:33 PM
    December 15th sounds more like the 8530 and less like the Essex. Idk maybe I'm
    wrong.
    the 8530 dropped on 11-20-09, didn't it?
    12-03-09 05:33 PM
    Not on Sprint..
    12-03-09 07:13 PM
    I cant wait for this phone to come out! *waits*
    12-03-09 08:49 PM
    I've already decided to bite the bullet and switch to a 9630 from my storm1 instead of waiting for this to be released. if it's anything like rumors of when it was first released, there's probably going to be a few issues that i might be able to exchange for a replacement, which might be the tour2 at that time. who knows.
    You will never be able to get a Tour 2 out of a Tour 1 even if they stop makeing them because of this little obnoxiuos thing called "refurbs"
    12-03-09 08:58 PM
    Not that the verizon sales rep are correct all the time or at all, but one of our local sales rep said 3 to 4 months. He told us this yesterday when we got my brother the curve and I mentioned I was waiting for the new tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by stephlb; 12-03-09 at 10:21 PM.
    12-03-09 10:18 PM
    Not that the verizon sales rep are correct all the time or at all, but one of our local sales rep said 3 to 4 months. He told us this yesterday when we got my brother the curve and I mentioned I was waiting for the new tour.

probably said that so you would join your brother in buying the new curve.
    12-03-09 11:00 PM
    Alejandro Salomon, @salomondrin just posted on twitter. He seems to be in the know. Remember he has the prototype on his site. Salomondrin
    12-03-09 11:19 PM
    We need the date of release.

12-04-09 01:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/tou...2010-a-371540/

i seriously doubt if above poster is right...
    12-04-09 04:15 AM
    Some people starting to sell the Essex online, and Sal claiming that 9650 is the official number... we're getting closer.

UNREALESED BLACKBERRY ESSEX(9650) - Hamilton Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale - Kijiji Hamilton

12-04-09 09:14 AM
    Well my non-sourced guess is they will wait until 31 days after the Christmas buying season.This way all the Tours they are blowing out now plus all Verizon gift cards under the tree will be used.This way no Christmas Tours will be returned for Tour2's.
    I bought my first BB(Tour) and returned it to wait for this one so I hope its not another 6 months for the Tour2.
    If it is 6 months from now and its not a significant upgrade over the pre-relase version,ie faster chip,better camera I think RIM is headed the way of the DoDo bird.
    I loved the tour I had so I'm hopeful by mid-January we will see a release date
    for early Feb.
    12-04-09 10:49 AM
    12-04-09 06:08 PM
    hopefully that means it will be released soon
    12-04-09 06:24 PM
    i think i just pee'd a little
    12-04-09 10:21 PM
    December 15 will be yummy i hope
    12-05-09 12:19 AM
    why does everybody keep talking about december 15? not going to happen.. they need to get rid of their tour 1 stock.. so except some good offers on that. Q1 earliest
    12-05-09 03:19 AM
    I'm so hoping for Q1 since that's the time frame for my upgrade.
    12-05-09 04:46 AM
    so your saying to sell my tour between now and February?
    12-05-09 05:09 AM
    Just to give you all some perspective� I know sprint is a completely different animal, but one of their employees told me the Tour 2 was at least 18 months away. He just looked at me with a blank stare when I said there are already tester units out.

He was trying to sell me phones and even lied to me about sprint's policies to try to get me to buy them. I bought two curves on craigslist to activate on sprint. He told me that I would be under contract as if I were buying the phones from them. He said if I activate these curves then try to upgrade I would have to pay retail. The truth is that the service is on a contract, but I am eligible for upgrade pricing at any time.

They are just trying to sell the phones they have. They don't want you to wait.

12-05-09 08:46 AM
    There is no way this phone is still 6 months out. The only way this phone wouldn't get released for 6 months is if RIM decided to pull it back and do a more traditional update.

Once you have branded phones floating around, you're close a release. If this phone is going to be released in the same form we've all seen on Sal's blog, then it's 3 months MAX! It's probably closer to January. And let's be realistic, they wouldn't have branded the phone if it wasn't going to be released.

Everybody who thinks it's longer is forgetting that David Owens, Sprint's VP of Consumer Marketing (not just some rep.), already said (On Oct. 29th) that the Tour with WiFi is coming soon. He would NOT say that for a phone that wasn't going to drop for another 8 months; he probably wouldn't even know about it if it was still 8 months out.

(Just the opinion of someone who's been watching prerelease Berries for a long time)
    12-05-09 10:35 AM
23,186 ... 910111213 ...