Ohhh, now I get it.

Jason, android blows and sucks. It's just THAT good.
    I'd like to hear your take on Android...there smart guy.
    09-02-10 09:11 PM
    Honestly, I can't claim to know much about it, so I may be WAY off.

It seems to me that you have to spend time ******* around with it in order to get the most out of it.
    Rooting, boot roms, manipulating files, etc.
    That is a BIG turn off for me.

After going from BB to iPhone, one of the things I realized was that I don't want to spend time fixing my device. If something is intricate, complicated or has the possibility of keeping me up until the wee hours trying to fix it... I'm not interested.
    I just want to use and enjoy it.

You have some decent apps and services.

I've never used one so I can't say how well everything is integrated.

Over the top android fanboys have replaced over the top apple fan boys as the most annoying people on the Internet.

Many people seem to think Google is way more noble than Apple because their o/s is open source. Fools. Apple and Google are both large corporations that want your money.

Men lie to women so they'll open their legs.
    Corporations lie to consumers so they'll open their wallets.

Those are my rambling thoughts about Android.
    09-02-10 09:58 PM
    Lets calm a bit. .

Apple sucks
    Android sucks
    Blackberry sucks

But I want to put something out real quick.

Dictionary.com says:

Phone.

–noun
    an apparatus, system, or process for transmission of sound or speech to a distant point, esp. by an electric device.
    –verb (used with object)
    to speak to or summon (a person) by telephone.
    to send (a message) by telephone.
    –verb (used without object)
    to send a message by telephone.
    Phone.
    Who wins at sending messages.

Don't even have the call quality or battery life to answer.

>

BTW this was solved
    09-02-10 10:24 PM
    If I wanted a good android body for my 9700, I would find the most suitable, open it up, put the board in, add the buttons in the sides after making the proper holes, patching up holes in the wrong places and so on.

Then, you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a 9700 or an android without looking at the screen LOL

Androidberry, in an android case, running blackberry OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 11:19 PM
    So Death, what was the project that you eventually chose?
    09-02-10 11:30 PM
    Robot hand.

And pressure sensitivity.

Unless we change our minds again.. T-T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:12 AM
    U
    Honestly, I can't claim to know much about it, so I may be WAY off.

It seems to me that you have to spend time ******* around with it in order to get the most out of it.
    Rooting, boot roms, manipulating files, etc.
    That is a BIG turn off for me.

After going from BB to iPhone, one of the things I realized was that I don't want to spend time fixing my device. If something is intricate, complicated or has the possibility of keeping me up until the wee hours trying to fix it... I'm not interested.
    I just want to use and enjoy it.i

You have some decent apps and services.

I've never used one so I can't say how well everything is integrated.

Over the top android fanboys have replaced over the top apple fan boys as the most annoying people on the Internet.

Many people seem to think Google is way more noble than Apple because their o/s is open source. Fools. Apple and Google are both large corporations that want your money.

Men lie to women so they'll open their legs.
    Corporations lie to consumers so they'll open their wallets.

Those are my rambling thoughts about Android.

Android is amazing right off the factory line. Techies like to take a good thing and make it even better. Kind of like a muscle car buff who's constantly looking for that boost in horsepower...a stock Camaro is already fast, but its even faster when you bore & stroke the motor and add a performance carborator.

The only reason people don't trick out their iphones like Android users do is because Apple puts a padlock on everything. It's easier to gain SU/admin permission on Android without being caught, therefore more people tinker with it. Trust me...if the iPhone was more hacker friendly, there would be a farkload more people tinkering with it.

Some food for thought...
    09-03-10 02:13 AM
    U

Android is amazing right off the factory line. Techies like to take a good thing and make it even better. Kind of like a muscle car buff who's constantly looking for that boost in horsepower...a stock Camaro is already fast, but its even faster when you bore & stroke the motor and add a performance carborator.

The only reason people don't trick out their iphones like Android users do is because Apple puts a padlock on everything. It's easier to gain SU/admin permission on Android without being caught, therefore more people tinker with it. Trust me...if the iPhone was more hacker friendly, there would be a farkload more people tinkering with it.

Some food for thought...
    I WILL keep it in mind. If I get bored with my 3GS, I would consider an Android device.

The 2 main reasons I bought an iPhone:
    - Browser
    - To see what all the fuss was about.

Android has a comparable browser.
    And there is DEFINITELY a fuss about them.

So long as it's possible to have a good experience with it and not have to go 'too deep' into the techie stuff.
    I could do that with my J/B iPhone, but again, that's just not for me.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 09-03-10 at 05:56 AM.
    09-03-10 05:52 AM
    This is what I want:

Only 2,990 years to go.
    09-03-10 06:49 AM
    This is what I want:

Only 2,990 years to go.
    Dude, I had that YEARS ago.

wait.. that was on COD
    D:
    09-03-10 07:35 AM
    I WILL keep it in mind. If I get bored with my 3GS, I would consider an Android device.

The 2 main reasons I bought an iPhone:
    - Browser
    - To see what all the fuss was about.

Android has a comparable browser.
    And there is DEFINITELY a fuss about them.

So long as it's possible to have a good experience with it and not have to go 'too deep' into the techie stuff.
    I could do that with my J/B iPhone, but again, that's just not for me.

Sorry Brian, but we both know Android has a better browser.....Just as fast as Safari (if not faster), but more feature packed. Full Flash 10.1, a multitude of User Agents (including iphone/ipad...tee hee )....just to name a couple.

Hmmmm....I wonder if I should give your browser a run. Lol

09-03-10 01:11 PM
    I think it's debatable as to which one is better right now. That's why I used the word 'comparable'.

Neither has a knock out punch against the other.
    09-03-10 01:45 PM
    I think it's debatable as to which one is better right now. That's why I used the word 'comparable'.

Neither has a knock out punch against the other.

Ummmmm....full Flash support would be a right hook to the jaw. C'mon Brian, I expect better from you. Quit being biased and give credit where credit is due.
    09-03-10 02:46 PM
    Ummmmm....full Flash support would be a right hook to the jaw. C'mon Brian, I expect better from you. Quit being biased and give credit where credit is due.
    I haven't seen it in action, but I read that people were having mixed results with it. For some it's fine, for others not so much.

I didn't even consider Flash. After having a BB then iPhone for almost 2 years, I'm used to not having it.
    I hardly ever go to sites that have Flash. Habit I guess.
    Ok, I'll give you flash, but it's not worth much to me.
    RIM and APPLE have lowered my expectations.

*Starts wondering how much it would take to get Jason riled up about this*
    heh heh heh...
    09-03-10 02:59 PM
    I haven't seen it in action, but I read that people were having mixed results with it. For some it's fine, for others not so much.

I didn't even consider Flash. After having a BB then iPhone for almost 2 years, I'm used to not having it.
    I hardly ever go to sites that have Flash. Habit I guess.
    Ok, I'll give you flash, but it's not worth much to me.
    RIM and APPLE have lowered my expectations.

*Starts wondering how much it would take to get Jason riled up about this*
    heh heh heh...
    I'm done. I this is just your biased point of view. You must be REALLY bored to pick an argument with me....most people avoid it because I'm pretty good at biting people's faces off.

*waits for Ed to show up and protect his little Canadian buddy*
    09-03-10 03:11 PM
    Android blows chunks
    09-03-10 03:18 PM
    My Droid 2 is a beast. #JustSayin
    09-03-10 03:24 PM
    How did me suggesting getting touched by a droid become people with droids are touchy?
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-03-10 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Theres no i in touched
    09-03-10 04:29 PM
    How did me suggesting getting touched by a droid become people with droids are touchy?
    A phone that could touch me would be pretty neat.
    A phone that could, uhm, ya know, 'touch me'... Now that would impress me.

I'd definitely be using speaker phone on it though.
    09-03-10 04:55 PM
    My original thoughts were android in a robotic sense, but I like where your head is.

Well......at least that's what she said.
    09-03-10 05:19 PM
    A phone that could touch me would be pretty neat.
    A phone that could, uhm, ya know, 'touch me'... Now that would impress me.

I'd definitely be using speaker phone on it though.
    Put it on vibrate with a recurring appoint every 30 seconds and stick the thing in your front pocket.
    09-03-10 05:27 PM
    Android blows Apple away in every way possible
    10-4 good buddy. Now you're starting to come to your senses.

My Droid 2 is a beast. #JustSayin
    Amen Reverend...

That's what happens when someone with an "off" sense of humor tries to make a funny.
    09-04-10 01:46 PM
    Ummmmm....I used to be a hooker. My street name was Seattles Best...you could always expect better from me.
    I quit because I gave it out on credit, and went broke.
    09-05-10 09:32 AM
    Wow...

How did you know? I'm impressed.
    09-05-10 12:44 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD