Hi,
    I have set up my wife's phone & playbook to sink using Outlook.com and everything is working fine. The only problem is that any emails she sends are stamped with 'hotmail_32e530809a954b35@live .com on behalf of; NAME [[email protected]]'

Anyone know how to stop this?

Obviously I have removed her name & email address from the above quote.
    03-15-13 12:56 PM
    My understanding is that Microsoft has allowed its previous customers of Hotmail and Microsoft Live Hotmail accounts to migrate over to Outlook.com.

I thought that they were allowed to maintain their previous email addresses when doing this.

But this btinternet thing - I assume you're in the UK? Is it possible her devices are setup to use BTinternet's outgoing email servers instead of the Microsoft/Outlook ones?
    03-15-13 10:33 PM
    Yes we have upgraded her account and maintained the original email address.

Are you saying that it only 'stamps' non Outlook.com emails?
    03-16-13 03:01 AM
    As a security measure, many email servers will flag messages if they claim to have a "from" or "reply to" address that is different than the domain of the server forwarding that mail.

Because spammers often try to relay junkmail through servers that they are not authorized to use for email relay.

The [email protected] email address must be coming from somewhere - either her email client configuration, or something. Are you familiar with this btinternet address? Has it been entered into her email configuration somewhere, or is it being copied on these outgoing emails, or is it part of her Outlook.com configuration?

And the [email protected] address - is that also familiar to you? Is that the hotmail address that she expects to be using as a return address?
    03-16-13 04:24 AM
    The [email protected] is her email address and the one she uses to log in to Outlook.com. The other section is the bit I am trying to lose and appears to be added by the Outlook.com servers.
    03-16-13 07:31 AM
    Omnitech is onto something here. I'm betting the smtp details are pointing to BTInternet.

But onto something else, I'd never bother using a carriers (BT Internet - they provide your home service, right?) email address. Why? If you EVER change carriers to save Virgin or something you'd instantly lose that email address. Best to stick with a GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-16-13 07:36 AM
    But onto something else, I'd never bother using a carriers (BT Internet - they provide your home service, right?) email address. Why? If you EVER change carriers to save Virgin or something you'd instantly lose that email address. Best to stick with a GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo etc.

Except when companies like Google and Yahoo and Microsoft discontinue services. Google's been doing a lot of that lately.

The [email protected] is her email address and the one she uses to log in to Outlook.com. The other section is the bit I am trying to lose and appears to be added by the Outlook.com servers.

OK, so you say she uses the BTinternet address to login to Outlook.com? I'm confused. I thought she was a former Hotmail user? She's not using the old Hotmail / Microsoft Live Hotmail email address?

I just read elsewhere today that Microsoft is not even finished migrating all the Hotmail users over to the Outlook.com system. I have no idea what that means for people that aren't migrated yet. I'd assume they would advise you when a change is about to occur and explain what will change.
    03-16-13 08:38 AM
    Omnitech - I appreciate the time and thought you're giving this.
    For MSN Messenger etc you had to have a .NET account that then became a Windows Live account. You could then upgrade this to a Outlook.com/Hotmail account to link with your desktop Outlook. Hence we do not need/have a Hotmail/Outlook email address to log in. As I said previously, everything works as it should except for emails sent via Outlook.com, that are stamped.

Navi - BT are a carrier but not currently ours and we've had these email addresses since 1991, when we were with them. Kinda debunks your advice. Oh, and stay on track.
    03-17-13 05:05 PM
    So the issue appears to be that Outlook.com is taking the legacy email address used as a login name (in this case "[email protected]"), and placing it into outgoing email headers as if the "legit" address is the btinternet one, and not the Outlook.com one.

I make the following assumptions:

• You do not use the old BTinternet address for actually receiving email, or at least not for receiving email via Outlook.com.
    • You have a new email address, either "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" or perhaps "[email protected]" which is used as your email address via the Outlook.com service.
    • You are able to receive email correctly at the email address outlined above, but when you send it stamps it with reference to Hotmail and Live.com, and also your old BTinternet address. ("Sent on behalf of")

This may be an Outlook.com configuration issue. Have you contacted Microsoft? What is their response?

Certainly I don't think this has anything to do with the Blackberry device, per-se. You may have to "register" the device with Outlook.com or something, so it is "authorized". I haven't tried their service yet so I don't know much about their configuration details.

There is a known bug with outgoing email on recent versions of Z10 firmware, but that is when using a SMTP auth server for outgoing email. Outlook.com uses Exchange ActiveSync as the default protocol, so I don't think that issue would apply here unless you had it setup to use POP/SMTP instead. (Outlook.com does not support IMAP, those would be the only 2 choices)
    03-18-13 12:57 AM
    No, you've got it slightly wrong. We do use the BT address and have not knowingly been allocated an Outlook/Hotmail address.

Yes, the system connects via EAS. No it's not a BB issue as her other device is an Android. It's definitely something Outlook.com is doing.
    03-18-13 05:14 PM
    No, you've got it slightly wrong. We do use the BT address and have not knowingly been allocated an Outlook/Hotmail address.

Yes, the system connects via EAS. No it's not a BB issue as her other device is an Android. It's definitely something Outlook.com is doing.

I think it's time to speak to Microsoft about it.
    03-19-13 01:48 PM