Yesterday I was in an accident, one I shouldn't have walked away from with only cuts and serious bruises. If I was two seconds further ahead, I probably wouldn't be here. All 3 vehicles are write-offs, I was going 70 km/h in an 80. My Curve was one the dashboard in its case and skin. Since my window was 1/2 opened and then shattered, it was thrown from the vehicle, as well as my glasses from my head. My glasses somehow landed in the box of my truck, severly scratched yet intact. My curve came out of its case and skin were in 3 pieces; the curve, the battery and the back cover.

Although quite scratched and gouged, the curve was working sort of. PINs and emails were ok, but Rogers' "who Called" service kept repeating messages and calls wouldn't always go through. I did manage to call the police from it.

I'm at home now, supposed to be at work. I have purple bruises all over and stitches in the back of my head, but I am glad to be alive.
    Last edited by blundell; 09-21-07 at 04:41 PM. Reason: adding info
    09-21-07 04:34 PM
    Thank God you are ok.

Sorry about your truck and your Curve, but those can be replaced. You can't!

Take it easy for a while. Rest and some time to enjoy your loved ones.
    09-21-07 04:56 PM
    Sorry to hear that man, stay blessed.
    09-21-07 05:04 PM
    Glad tht you are still alive and didn't have serious injuries.
    Take it easy. The material stuff can be replaced.
    Be thankful that you lived to see another day.
    Were there any fatalities in the accident?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-07 05:34 PM
    Holy Smokes, B!!! So glad that you were not seriously hurt. vehicles and BBs can be replaced, people can't. Take it easy, rest and get some TLC.

Sending healing hugs your way....

WL
    09-22-07 02:42 PM
    Fortunately no one was killed, I think I had the most injuries, My ribs are either severely bruised or cracked. I know my curve can be replaced, I was just surprised it was still partially functional. I wasn't at fault, someone tried to cut across the highway when we had the right of way. She sped out after a Transport passed the intersection. I was going north, the transport south and the van that was at fault was going east.
    09-22-07 05:50 PM
    I'm new, but just wanted to say glad you're all right. I remember a time when mobile phones were "for emergencies" ... so it's nice to hear that this saying still rings true (pun intended).

Seriously, godspeed on your recovery blundell.
    09-22-07 06:38 PM
    Oh my God Blundell! Glad to hear that you are okay. As my mother would say "it wasn't your time". She feels we are all predestined as to when we are going to die. That's why some people survive a plane crash and others don't according to her theory.

Just glad that you survived this accident. I know exactly how you feel because a couple of years ago I too was in a car crash where another driver was on his cell and wasn't paying attention and totaled my car. They cut me out of the sunroof to save me and I had a list of injuries that were a page long.

I agree with the othe rmembers: material things can always be replaced but you can't. I am glad that God spared you!!

Hoping that you have a speedy recovery!
    Gia
    09-22-07 10:45 PM
    Good to know that no one died.
    What's going to be happen to the woman tht caused the accident?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-07 05:23 AM
    Good to hear that you're alright...

Get well...
    09-23-07 07:20 AM
    You getting a claim or whatever it is called from your insurance company? It's a lot harder to replace a truck than a Curve!
    10-29-07 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD