Hey guys, I will be travelling to Orlando in 4 weeks from the UK and would like a dumbphone/carrier recommendation please. Cheap as possible, don't care for looks or features besides txt and calling. The main purpose is for calling each other and sms (two families holidaying together) whilst we are there as we will be doing our own thing but will be nice to meet up for dinner and stuff, plus an emergency contact number I can be reached on by family at home and my over protective bank should they need to authorise visa transactions.

I am not familiar with how things work over there with CDMA and stuff so which carrier would be best/cheapest pre pay for calling each other in the orlando area? Should I pick up a couple of really cheap GSM phones that are compatible with the USA GSM networks and get sim cards when we arrive or are there inexpensive handsets (sub $50) we can buy?

I won't be bringing the berry as I believe a holiday is to switch off so it will be staying in the UK!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 04:37 AM
    A tracfone or a cell phone with pre paid mins would be your best bet. You can find them in just about any store here (walmart, dollar stores, grocery stores ect), and you wont have to worry about contracts. Unless your carrier can give you a cheaper international plan. If this is a bad idea sorry.
    05-22-10 04:49 AM
    We went to Florida in March and did as Shi suggests. My Dad bought 2 tracfones online from WalMart and we simply picked them up when we arrived. Good value and the mins/texts lasted all holiday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 07:10 AM
    Hey Ladies

I appreciate the replies! A $10 phone and 60 mins would do plently for two weeks. Will drop by Wallmart and pick a few up when im stocking up on essential supplies.

Regards
    05-22-10 09:47 AM
    Not a problem, hope you have a great trip!
    05-23-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD