I like that most of the droid apps are free but why are 70 percent of them complete garbage? I use my blackberry 9650 for business and my droid incredible for personal but I think I might just get another blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 02:52 PM
    Isn't that the same case with the iphone? lol
    06-21-10 02:58 PM
    I like that most of the droid apps are free but why are 70 percent of them complete garbage? I use my blackberry 9650 for business and my droid incredible for personal but I think I might just get another blackberry.

Yes, get another blackberry because the have the greatest apps EVER!! (And they're fairly priced too!)
    06-21-10 03:02 PM
    The iPhone apps are way better than their Android siblings and both are way way better than their most-times non-existant BB siblings.

06-21-10 03:13 PM
    Yes, get another blackberry because the have the greatest apps EVER!! (And they're fairly priced too!)
    LOL. Yeah, I thought the same thing. Why would you make a post complaining about 70% of the Apps on another platform are garbage, just to say you are going to get another Blackberry?

If your really looking for a platform for Apps, BB would be my last choice after iPhone and Android.

Last edited by Moonbaseone; 06-21-10 at 03:50 PM.
    06-21-10 03:47 PM
    I'm addicted to my Storm2 and all the cool stuff I can do on it. WinMo and Android don't have SurePress (which is the best thing I love about my BB!). Now that "Deadliest Catch" is available, I'll have to get that as well.
    06-21-10 03:47 PM
    70% garbage? you are sadly mistaken I name a huge list of great apps if you want, want to try it?

Google skymaps

Google turn by turn navigation (free)

Google voice

NeoMusic (download mp3s direct to your phone)

Youtube

Adfree (adblocker)

Advanced task manager (lets you set what starts up or not saving battery)

Dropbox

WiFi Analyzer

Android VNC

Snes emulators and other game emulators

torrent Fu

also much more , lots of free Language learning apps etc
    06-21-10 07:11 PM
    It really depends on what you consider "garbage" apps. I have plenty of applications I use day in and out. Seriously who cares what apps are offered on each different platform and does it really matter how many apps they have to offer? The base OS is what truly makes a phone. Im just sick of all this app crap and who has what to offer. If you dont like what a developer has provided then dont use it or worry about it. [/rant]
    06-21-10 08:40 PM
    I never really have been a fan of apps. the only third party apps i consistently use are WeatherBug, Twitter4BB, Facebook4BB, and Viigo4RSS, and the latter three will be made obsolete in BB6.
    06-21-10 09:25 PM
    "who needs apps" , well, a lot of people want apps on a smart phone, its like saying " who needs email on a phone"
    06-22-10 01:41 AM
    When I had my Andriod phones in the mytouch3g and Cliq, I had quite a few apps and 98% of them were free...however, so many of them were garbage and ever since coming back to BB, I have all the apps I need...I believe I have 17 of them, which I really use maybe 8 on a daily basis....and all free as well. Honestly don't get why so many people get into the marketing off all these apps...most are junk...even on a Berry. I get the ones I need and some I don't.

06-22-10 02:13 AM
    I have a Droid Eris right now. Some things are great, other things stink. I think that is the case for all platforms. I miss parts of my BB, other parts, namely the lame browser, not so much.

Most apps available for Berries are available for Android. I think developing for Android is easier than Blackberry and the market focus is different - personal versus business. If I were using a phone for business only it is going to be a Berry.

The Android apps work about as well as my Berry apps and are much cheaper.
    06-22-10 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD