CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    765 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry DRIVERS ... Ugggggghhhhhh

We had a snow shower yesterday (MD) followed by sleet/freeze overnight.
    --Can you tell me why people don't take time out to CLEAN their car?!!!
    I saw a car w/ a perfect circle over the drivers portion of the windshield(just her face staring out) and NOTHING else cleaned; snow/ice went flying off the car once in motion and SHE looked @ us like we were crazy!!!

Sorry just had to vent --- wanted to slap the xxxx out of her for putting other people @ risk because she was LAZY.
    Life is short!Break the rules! Forgive quickly!
    Kiss slowly! Love truly and unconditionally!
    And NEVER regret anything that made you smile
    (unknown)
    CrackBerry User

I know how you feel. We got hit by that same storm a little more snow though (south east pa) and in my county it is illegal to drive with windows covered with snow and on top of your car. I think its a pretty good law.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31EA3480

Nice! See it all the time.

These are the same people who don't use their mirrors or look when changing lanes, that's why she only needed to look straight ahead.

People don't clean their cars because they get up late in the morning and fly outta the house to go to work already late, I should know, I do it all the time. I'll still clean my car off though.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by bigheyzeus View Post
    Nice! See it all the time.

These are the same people who don't use their mirrors or look when changing lanes, that's why she only needed to look straight ahead.

People don't clean their cars because they get up late in the morning and fly outta the house to go to work already late, I should know, I do it all the time. I'll still clean my car off though.
    not only they don't use their mirrors but also don't even bother to put on the blinker...
    my life would not be right without my Blackberry
    cb.com 4 life!!! PIN 23749144
    gdasilva.tumblr.com
    follow me on twitter! @instyleteddy
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    306BDE0D

I also love when sheets of ice come flying at you from the top of a van or SUV.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

I hear that they're trying to pass a law that motorists need to clean their cars off of snow and ice in NJ.

Especially the Trucks!

When sheets of ice come down from their roof tops while on the highway, I'm sure that ice is deadly!

"The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    306BDE0D

If they put it to a vote I'd vote for it. It looks like a giant blade coming at you on the highway.

CrackBerry User

Just be happy. I have a lift truck and I spent 20 minutes clearing off my truck with all the ice and snow just so I wouldn't have anything come flying off and hit anyone.

Banned

PIN
    EAPPLES with a dash of black pepper are scrumptious.

Quote Originally Posted by travelqueen View Post
    We had a snow shower yesterday (MD) followed by sleet/freeze overnight.
    --Can you tell me why people don't take time out to CLEAN their car?!!!
    I saw a car w/ a perfect circle over the drivers portion of the windshield(just her face staring out) and NOTHING else cleaned; snow/ice went flying off the car once in motion and SHE looked @ us like we were crazy!!!

Sorry just had to vent --- wanted to slap the xxxx out of her for putting other people @ risk because she was LAZY.
    I don't believe that laziness should be quickly pinned as the attribute behind what you've mentioned above...you need to 'vent' about more pertinent thing than this.

When people go through snow, sleet, ice, wind and numbing cold; day-in and day-out...morning/afternoon/evening...and in-between; they arent particularly cognizant of whether their inaction(s) will fuel someone to vent and create a thread. That driver in fact is probably putting him/herself at just as much risk if all they cleaned was a portion of the front windshield to see out of; without cleaning the rear window; and sideview mirrors. If anything; give the woman credit for making a 'perfect' circle in front of her...do you know the level of skill/talent that takes?

In our daily lives; with the hustle and bustle of work, family, life...and the stress that comes along with it as a compounding factor...give people a break.
    CrackBerry User

I live in md and go to school in dc so I understand completely! I vented about this also as I was dodging ice bullets all the way down 295. Another pet peeve is that the college opened at 11 but were the sidewalks clear? No! Almost slipped and fell. I wouldn't have bothered going at all if it wasn't for the fact that attendance was part of the grade.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    PIN
    216D782D

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxpradaxxxx View Post
    I hear that they're trying to pass a law that motorists need to clean their cars off of snow and ice in NJ.

Especially the Trucks!

When sheets of ice come down from their roof tops while on the highway, I'm sure that ice is deadly!

We actually do have a law. A driver can be ticketed for it if it's falling off of the car/truck.

I ALWAYS clean off the car before driving it. I was in a car when a sheet of ice fell off the top of a trailer and cracked the windshield. Some seriously crazy stuff right there.

I'd rather be 5 minutes late than put my life or someone elses life in more danger. (It's dangerous enough driving in this crappy weather)

Kurri
    CrackBerry User

I wish snow and ice and etc was our problem, Here in FL u have "snowbirds" drivers and crazy drivers that you have to watch out for on the road. I was a victim in an accident, guy ran light into my passenger side,im glad no one was in that seat.
    And we definitely know when “snowbirds” are down because they go way below speed limit.
    Im sorry If I offended anyone.
    Last edited by nadezhda; 02-01-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Global Posts
    30,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

As the driver of a rig, I would like to clarify the issue about ice and snow on the top of our trucks.
    None of us wants to endanger the motoring public, at least, those of us who are professionals. If you traveled the country from coast to coast, I could ask you to show me one facility that we can use to clean snow off of the top of a trailer.

Would you, or anyone in their right mind climb 14 feet in the air to stand on an ice rink with no guards or safety devices?

There are millions of shippers and receivers across our country, where often times, our trailers sit, gathering loads of ice and snow. I have yet to see a single place that has a snow removal device available.

I picked up a trailer the other day that was fully encased in up to 4" of spiked, layered ice. By the time I'd gone a # of miles, the ice was even thicker.

These trailers we're pulling are most often made of thin aluminum sheeting, and if you start banging on them to try and break ice off, well, now you're looking at a hole and a nice repair bill, to boot.

People have been trying to develop a way to deal with this problem, but, as yet, nothing has proven effective or reasonable.

If you have a workable solution, by all means, help us make the roads a little safer for all. My family drives out here, too.

I ask you to realize that I am providing you with this information to educate you, it is by no means in anger. Thanks for passing this along to others, also.
    Last edited by bergerking; 02-03-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

From a survey last year, Miami was the city with the worst-most-aggressive-dangerous drivers and most cases of road rage in the U.S.

(I live there. Currently considering an armored truck for my next car.)