Dear Best Buy,

Having been a Reward Zone member for many years, and having never had ANY idea to what kind of "reward" I might someday be entitled, I attempted to use, tonight, the $20 certificate you sent to me via email.

Since your selection sucks, I compromised and selected a different in-car charger for my phone that I thought might still be satisfactory.

I waited in a long line to check out since the only check-stand available was manned by a trainee and his management overseer. I got to the end of the line, presented my item for purchase along with my Reward Zone "credentials," and gave the cashier my certificate for $20.

The full purchase price was $21.74. I was told I was not eligible to use the certificate because I needed to spend a minimum of $20 and that, since the before-tax price was $19.99, this purchase did not qualify.

For wont of a penny, you have just permanently lost a "valued" customer who, over the last 2 decades, has spent untold thousands of dollars at Best Buy.

You got that from me, but you will get no more. I will begin doing what everyone else does: sampling products in the air-conditioned environment of your stores, making my educated selection, and taking myself home to order on Amazon.

Your stores have already begun to close because of your short-sighted business practices. May the rest of your worthless enterprise go the way of Circuit City, and be relegated to ash-heap of retail History.

Warmly,

-Dave Brown

33056A0D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-10-13 01:34 AM
    Revolt and move to Canada...we no longer use penny's.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    04-10-13 07:19 AM
    Well if you would have "read"the coupon you would have seen that the item or purchase will need to be larger than the coupon. You have rewards with the company, not Uncle Sam. Just for giggle over you lack of knowledge on the subject, Circuit City went away because of the lack of innovation and competitive business platforms. If you want to bash a company why don't you "read" up on the facts. That policy has been around for years.

Sincerely
    - Premiere Silver Member since 2008

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:18 PM
    should have asked them to adjust the price to $20. they have done that sort of thing for me so i could get out of there without paying tax even
    04-10-13 08:32 PM
    You should have just added a pack of gum or some candy.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-11-13 08:48 AM
    Simple solutions to a minor problem rather than a wordy rant. I understand that one needs a 'topic' for a really wordy rant, but wow, the problem could have gone away easily had one not been looking for a reason to throw a tantrum. If you don't want to use your code/certificate, donate it to someone on the Pay it forward thread, I'm sure you'd find a willing recipient who would appreciate the gesture and allow you to have your 'stick it to 'em' to boot.
    04-13-13 12:36 PM
    I like amazon. And I think I might move to canada... But, BUT, buuuuut only if I get to become a French Canadian lumber jack. Lumber jack... Is that one word or 2?
    04-15-13 10:28 PM