This is a quick thread just to get a few peoples opinion. I was at Disneyland last week and the price of admission to the kid-friendly happiest place on Earth is $69.

Now, I find this amusing but since there are a few people who might be annoyed or angry by this wouldn't it of occured to somebody in marketing to charge $68 or $70 or $69.50? Didn't somebody think that a few people might complain?

Does this sound strange to anybody else?
    12-01-08 09:11 PM
    Haha that does sound pretty strange. I'm sure some people have complained but then not every kid is going to recognize that. Good find though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:30 PM
    Um. Like any kid knows the implied meaning behind the number 69. I think you're reading way too much into the price of admission at disneyland..

12-01-08 09:34 PM
    Yeah, you're reading way too much into that. But it is funny. Lmao

12-01-08 09:37 PM
    I agree that most of us think that it's funny and that kids won't figure it out. Still there are a lot of people who put more stock into this than we do.

That's why I think it's strange, when marketers test everything because they don't want to offend anybody, that nobody thought that somebody would find this objectionable.
    12-01-08 09:48 PM
    Funny indded, maybe means nothing, I live in CA so I get it for much, I like 69 anyways..lol
    12-02-08 11:14 AM
    Those that read more into that pricing plan. And get offended by it, need to get a life.

I agree that most of us think that it's funny and that kids won't figure it out. Still there are a lot of people who put more stock into this than we do.

That's why I think it's strange, when marketers test everything because they don't want to offend anybody, that nobody thought that somebody would find this objectionable.
    12-02-08 11:18 AM
    Those that read more into that pricing plan. And get offended by it, need to get a life.
    You are right there Metal, but how about, Disney should think about people that doesnt have a life, huh? so should think on complicated ones, making the price 79 flat.. or 99? lol... anyways, we are not all alike, but this is funny someone points this, sexual frustration or whatever makes some people look on that everywhere, some cannot go buy a cucumber because will feel insulted by the shape of it.. etc etc
    12-02-08 11:29 AM
    Yeah, But would somebody get offended by my job. I drive a forklift with a large metal pole on it. And shove it into 400+ lbs rolls of carpet daily... What sexual connotations is someone who's lifeless going to think of that. LMAO

You are right there Metal, but how about, Disney should think about people that doesnt have a life, huh? so should think on complicated ones, making the price 79 flat.. or 99? lol... anyways, we are not all alike, but this is funny someone points this, sexual frustration or whatever makes some people look on that everywhere, some cannot go buy a cucumber because will feel insulted by the shape of it.. etc etc
    12-02-08 11:50 AM
    69 is but a number...
    12-02-08 12:08 PM
    You are a sick, sick man. Would you say you do about 69 a day? Do you get tired of pounding on the carpet? Do you at least buy it dinner?

Yeah, But would somebody get offended by my job. I drive a forklift with a large metal pole on it. And shove it into 400+ lbs rolls of carpet daily... What sexual connotations is someone who's lifeless going to think of that. LMAO
    12-02-08 12:17 PM
    You are a sick, sick man. Would you say you do about 69 a day? Do you get tired of pounding on the carpet? Do you at least buy it dinner?

Says the Man fighting with a fish...

12-02-08 12:18 PM
    Just dont do your job near Disney, many will feel unsulted, and that will be another post LMAO
    12-02-08 06:00 PM
    None sense, I don't see the inuendo here.

But speaking of Disneyland, she's a great park. If 69 was that it would require me to enter her magic kingdom I would be all over it.
    Once inside, I would ride all that she has to offer, over and over again. Start at the top and get the feel for her big, firm roller coaster. Make my way down to the castle and enter it as deep inside as i could explore. Maybe if I have time go all the way to the back and see what is like, I mean is a small world after all.
    and at the end enjoy the fireworks explode all over.

Yeah, sounds like a whole some family vacation.
    Last edited by pstereo; 12-02-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo
    12-02-08 06:16 PM
    Yeah Disney standing for good taste... Anyone else remember their Little Mermaid posters had the ***** spires on the castle in the background. LMAO

Just dont do your job near Disney, many will feel unsulted, and that will be another post LMAO
    12-02-08 06:33 PM
    Nah I don't buy the carpet dinner, I'd probably be carted off in a white jacket and having the key tossed out. Nah, I probably do more than 69 a day. Or some days less, all depends on orders on any given day.

12-02-08 06:35 PM
    Yeah Disney standing for good taste... Anyone else remember their Little Mermaid posters had the ***** spires on the castle in the background. LMAO
    Right there, I remember they had to change all the posters and the CD background castle, and some other minor changes, pure subliminal messages.

12-02-08 06:39 PM
    I can totally see how some can see the choice of the number as a distasteful one with everything taken into context.

It's purely marketing though. Disneyland will be able to sell a heck of a lot more tickets at a $69 price tag...than they would even at a $70 price. It's the marketing angle applying the way the consumerist mind works. And of course pricing at a whole $10 either up or down from the $69 price...would majorly trim the bottom line.

12-02-08 06:46 PM
    This is a quick thread just to get a few peoples opinion. I was at Disneyland last week and the price of admission to the kid-friendly happiest place on Earth is $69.

Now, I find this amusing but since there are a few people who might be annoyed or angry by this wouldn't it of occured to somebody in marketing to charge $68 or $70 or $69.50? Didn't somebody think that a few people might complain?

Does this sound strange to anybody else?
    Sounds spendy to me. But $69.50 only looks like a price tag to me.
    12-02-08 07:37 PM
    I imagine its because the number was set by accountants or marketing people who wish they were that exciting. The idea probably never crossed their minds. . LOL.

12-03-08 01:37 PM
    I'm more scared by the old price back in 92-94 area. $23 per person got you into the park. Now it's a land of long queue lines and the same merchandise spread over the shops.

For some comedy also, the price of a meal at club 33 is tied to one parks admission. Everytime it goes up, so does a meal there. That on top of about a $25k one time fee and about $3k yearly fee

12-03-08 04:51 PM
    and that's why they call it the happiest place on earth!
    12-04-08 02:02 AM
    I only find it strange that its not free. JK
    12-04-08 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD