Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you have OCD?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, really bad!

0 0%
  • Yea, but not too bad.

1 20.00%
  • No, you crazy person!

2 40.00%
  • Yes! Exactly like editionfws!

2 40.00%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By editionfws
  • 1 Post By middbrew
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,213 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for it. too make weird people added me when I posted it!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does anyone have OCD?

Hey everyone
    I want to start off by saying please don't bash me and this thread. I am being serious and I'm finally wanting to talk about it.

Does anyone here have OCD? A lot of people say OCD is just like being a neat freak. But I have a different type of OCD. It's called double touching. Everyone who has double touching has it in a different way.
    For me, a lot of times I have to touch something 2 or 4 times, with both hands. When I touch things, it has to be in even numbers. It doesn't happen all the time, but its enough to be an annoyance.
    An example would be turning off a light switch. If I turn it on with my right hand, I have to do it again with my right, then twice with my left. If I don't touch it "just right" then I usually do it 2 more times again with both hands. Same as for touching a door knob to open or close a door. Those are the two worst times that it happens for me, but it does happen plenty of other times too. Sometimes I fight the urge so badly not to touch it again, and I will find myself fidgeting with my hands. I try to concentrate on something else until i get the thought out of my head to double touch something, but sometimes I just can't fight it and I have to touch it again.

Then, I also have this thing with numbers and counting. I always count things. Stairs, trees in the median when I'm driving, spokes on a car rim when I'm at a stop light...so much more. And if it ends in an even number, I'll usually stop and recount them 4 times (unless I'm driving, I just fight the urge, then I usually remember it once I drive by again). On the way to work, if I count the trees in the median, and there's a song on the radio, I can remember the exact song and part of the song that was playing last time I drove by.

It all started when I was a kid, and I am 26 now. I used to have to step on things just right and an even number of times (but never 6 for some reason). This has been troubling me for many years.

Oddly enough, (no pun intended lol),my lucky number is 13. For some reason in my mind, it's okay because 1+3 is 4 and 4 seems to be my trigger number.

I have never seen a doctor about this, but I'm considering it. I'm not sure what they can do about it, if anything.

I am really good at guessing numbers though lol. Like if someone says "how many bricks are on that wall" I can usually get it dead on, or really close! It's nice for those "guess how many jelly beans are in this jar" kind of games! Lol

Anyone else have a form of OCD? Please share, and let us know if you have ever overcome it!
    Be the change you want to see.
    BigBadWulf likes this.

OCD can be a very debilitating disorder. The best way to overcome it is through therapy with a qualified psychologist. You say you are considering seeing a doctor and I wold highly suggest you follow through with it. Even though you probably get by you will be much happier once you are no longer a slave to your OCD needs.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Thanked by:
    BigBadWulf (02-13-2013) 
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,213 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for it. too make weird people added me when I posted it!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I've considered it, but I just have so much going on, it's hard to make time.
    Be the change you want to see.