Not sure how many of you follow baseball but for those you do, what do you think the odds are the braves will take the NL wild card? They're on fire right now and close the year at home vs the nats. Sounds like it might be in their favor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:55 AM
    I've been a fan since back in the Dale Murphy days when I was a kid. The thing about the Braves though is that they have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I always root for them, but they never surprise me any more when they flounder and lose it. Good luck to them all the same.
    09-29-09 12:57 PM
    I think they can. I love the Braves and hope they can pull it off. They have been hot the last couple weeks and have cut the Wild Card down to 2 games.
    09-29-09 06:27 PM
    No! There will be no Phillies repeat of 1964. Braves might get the wild card.
    09-29-09 08:10 PM
    I'm a Rockies fan and sincerely wish the Braves all the luck in the world - NEXT year! GO Rockies

Update: Braves lost. Rockies magic number for the wildcard is 4. If they win tonight - and they're ahead in the 6th, their number is 3 - and they'll be back to 3 ahead of the Braves.

Last edited by exelant; 09-29-09 at 09:38 PM.
    09-29-09 08:56 PM
    And it's official, Phillies clinch the NL East. Braves are on the bubble for the wild card.
    09-30-09 09:15 PM
    Braves have lost 2, Rockies have won 2, magic number is 2 - or one win and one Brave loss. Gooooo Rockies!

10-01-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD