This one's right out of The Twilight Zone and it's REAL!

Humans are sick!
    If it's not a syndrome, it's a disorder! Jet lag is only a scratch compared to Anxiety Disorder,Polar Disorder,Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder, Paranoid Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder (I think I have that one because I tend to live on the edge) We've got Attention Deficit Disorder, Eating Disorders, Sleep Disorders, Seasonal Effective Disorders, Faulty Leak installation disorder ( OK, I made that one up... ).
    And the list goes on and on.

If you don't have any of the above mentioned syndromes, chances are you're in denial, but, it's not too late to get a case of the latest disorder with symptoms that are directly caused by your mobile device.
    "DO you often feel like your cell phone is vibrating in your pocket even though your pocket is empty? "
    Then like MILLIONS of your fellow humans, you're vexed by a phenomenon that has been "Officially" dubbed: (turn up the echo.....)

PHANTOM VIBRATION SYNDROME
    (Man, I couldn't make this stuff up on my best Brief Psychotic Disorder day!)

A survey at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Mass; final results suggest that "BILLIONS" of cell phone users regularly experience tactile hallucinations and have something vaguely in common with meth addicts who feel insects crawling beneath their flesh.
    I've gotta chime in here! Insects? These people must have been forced to watched the 1936 movie "Reefer Madness," one too many times.
    Anyway, they go on to blame everything from cell phone radiation to stress! And, because this is so new, there's considerable debate over the right treatment for PVS.
    H e l l... I feel symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder coming on from just writing this but I feel compelled to inform as many people as i can about PVS, otherwise I may become susceptible to Panic Attacks or Delusional Disorder. (Actually, I'm pretty sure I've already got some kind of delusional bug) One less syndrome I have to worry about!

This survey goes on and on about what "may" be the cause , but only mentions the debate over the right treatment once.
    Now, Being a child of the '60's, I'm already damaged goods and certainly no authority on a quick fix.. but, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.

First... a Disclaimer:
    Through self-diagnosis, with Borderline Personality Disorder and quite possibly Delusional, I can't be held responsible if the following suggestion causes anyone any kind of discomfort.

If you think you may have PHANTOM VIBRATION SYNDROME, all i can say is:
    TURN OFF THE VIBRATING FUNCTION ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE AND KEEP IT OUT OF YOUR POCKET!

Ya know,I'm tired of hearing about innocent victims. It's fiction. If you live on this planet you're guilty. PERIOD! Your birth certificate is proof of guilt.
    Next case!

Information on this post came from:
    Wired Magazine
    CME and Psych Central.

The Rant came from me!

jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-21-14 05:51 PM
    Lostboy, I totally expect this kind of rant from you!
    LMAO!
    And no, I don't have the phantom vibrating disorder (but I may have a few of the others you listed)...........
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-22-14 08:02 AM
    When I'm driving my work truck it's the only time. Or maybe it's just cuz it's a big truck lol.

Z10 leaked
    03-22-14 08:05 AM
    I'm proud to say that I do have Phantom Vibration Syndrome! Although I would much prefer to feel those vibrations in my front pocket, since I use a holster, I get them on my hip. Not as much fun as the pocket and the fantasy just isn't the same!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    03-22-14 02:05 PM
    Not that, but I think I may be suffering from the dead angle blinking syndrome. Not directly watching the device I sometimes believe the led has gone off blinking cause off a new message. But when I look at the device directly I realize it was just an illusion.
    03-22-14 02:14 PM
    Not that, but I think I may be suffering from the dead angle blinking syndrome. Not directly watching the device I sometimes believe the led has gone off blinking cause off a new message. But when I look at the device directly I realize it was just an illusion.
    Yup! Been there and done that!
    I have diff color LEDs and I have to stop and stare cause I coulda swore I just saw the color for BBM flash by......
    ZedMacahan and anon(3732391) like this.
    03-24-14 01:04 PM
    This, and the vibration thing.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    03-25-14 12:02 PM
    No phantom vibration syndrome, but at work we use handheld similar to FedEx. They do all our dispatch over them. All messages, pickup requests, everything goes over these things.

They've got the most awful tone on them ever, so we can hear them over the noise in the trucks. I've developed phantom HH chirp! I hear that darn thing in my sleep! Over weekends!

Not fun.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:18 AM
    but I think I may be suffering from the dead angle blinking syndrome.
    Yeah! I definitely have something similar to that.
    In the 60's we called them "trails!"
    04-07-14 11:30 PM
    I used to have it a lot. Now I'm trying to avoid the vibration because there a chance it'll involve work :'( lol

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:35 PM