No, this isn't a play on CrackBerry's "user and abuser" phrase.

I'm talking about not really caring about its overall condition. Scratches, dents, that sort of thing.

You know, people go crazy over protecting their phone they sacrifice function over safety! My mom has a 9810, and she bought a cover that flips like the ones for those iPads, making it look like a book. It's incredibly hard to type on that, especially because the cover's material is a bit hard it really annoys me, further reducing my words per minute.

She also refused to use the physical keyboard, out of fear that it will break.

I mean, seriously. You paid for a phone, you didn't pay for a pretty casing. My 9700 has suffered drops, dents (serious dents), the matte finishing has fallen off (disguising it as a 9870!), and the keyboard rims had broken apart here and there. I absolutely despise covers, as they hinder me when trying to pull it out of my pocket (and when trying to put it in), adds to the bulk too, and the rubber doesn't feel right.

I bought 9700 about 4 years ago, now it's totally out of date. I bought it for about $425, now I'll be lucky if someone wants to buy it at $125 (for mint condition one!). Considering what has happened to it, mine is probably valued at $65, give or take a few bucks.

But everything is totally worth it. I don't care if it's of no value now, I bought it, I enjoyed it.

Of course, nobody wants their phone to be beaten so bad, but I'm saying that as long as it's comfortable, just shrug and say, "sh*t happens, yeah?"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    06-05-13 10:18 AM
    No, this isn't a play on CrackBerry's "user and abuser" phrase.

I'm talking about not really caring about its overall condition. Scratches, dents, that sort of thing.

You know, people go crazy over protecting their phone they sacrifice function over safety! My mom has a 9810, and she bought a cover that flips like the ones for those iPads, making it look like a book. It's incredibly hard to type on that, especially because the cover's material is a bit hard it really annoys me, further reducing my words per minute.

I mean, seriously. You paid for a phone, you didn't pay for a pretty casing. My 9700 has suffered drops, dents (serious dents), the matte finishing has fallen off (disguising it as a 9870!), and the keyboard rims had broken apart here and there. I absolutely despise covers, as they hinder me when trying to pull it out of my pocket (and when trying to put it in), adds to the bulk too, and the rubber doesn't feel right.

I bought 9700 about 4 years ago, now it's totally out of date. I bought it for about $425, now I'll be lucky if someone wants to buy it at $125 (for mint condition one!). Considering what has happened to it, mine is probably valued at $65, give or take a few bucks.

But everything is totally worth it. I don't care if it's of no value now, I bought it, I enjoyed it.

Of course, nobody wants their phone to be beaten so bad, but I'm saying that as long as it's comfortable, just shrug and say, "sh*t happens, yeah?"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    My only real 'scratch and dent' phone was the Style, as they didn't really make a case I was comfortable with. So it is nicked, scratched, worn, folded (ha) spindled, and mutilated. But lately, I've found a thin case that compliments the S3 that I use, as it is a rather slick device. It also has a slight rep as not being very drop friendly, so at least I have a modicum of protection against drops. But I absolutely use the heck out of my phones, but they get passed down to the kids as we upgrade, so it behooves us to take care of them, too.
    06-05-13 10:39 AM
    My phones are depended upon so they are protected in large measures. Held in my hands or living in a leather pocket pouch they are pampered devices. An occasional slip may lead to a scratch or dent but for the most part after a year of service in my hands the condition is at least 8/10 or greater. Then the phone goes down to a kid who cares almost nothing for the device. Then the scratches and dents begin to appear.
    06-05-13 02:18 PM
    I hate cases. They design a phone to feel a certain way in your hand, so it should be used that way.

That being said, dropping a phone and the screen breaking (or some other part) really sucks... So, I use a case. If there was no danger of drop breakage, then I would not use a case.
    06-05-13 02:27 PM
    I personally like things to stay as new looking as I can keep them. OP, are you looking into getting the Z or Q at all?

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    Last edited by stots; 06-06-13 at 09:04 PM.
    06-06-13 08:49 PM

(and when trying to put it in), adds to the bulk too, and the rubber doesn't feel right.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Concur, as does girlfriend . . .

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:23 PM
    This is my second BlackBerry Z10 and my first one was super used and abused and it fell a few times no breaks just dings but now that I'm on my second one I just bought the nicest least bulkiest case and am happy that my phone has avoided a few scratches and dings to it because of a 12$ case
    06-06-13 09:53 PM
    ^^^ so did you give your first Z to someone or did you drop it?

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-07-13 05:19 AM
    I tend to really take care of my phones. Always use a case. However, I must admit that, in my opinion, the Z10 looks great naked ..... unlike myself ....LOL
    hamsterwheel and BergerKing like this.
    06-07-13 04:22 PM
    I tend to really take care of my phones. Always use a case. However, I must admit that, in my opinion, the Z10 looks great naked ..... unlike myself ....LOL

TMI

Always a case. Always baby my phones. Just say no to abuse
    shaleem and BergerKing like this.
    06-07-13 05:37 PM
    I always use a case with the Z10. Even at night! I have the transform case and I prop it up as an alarm clock. I used to drop my 9930 all the time. It always slipped out of my hands for some reason. Consequently, I keep the Z in a case.
    06-07-13 06:37 PM
    I always use a case with the Z10. Even at night! I have the transform case and I prop it up as an alarm clock. I used to drop my 9930 all the time. It always slipped out of my hands for some reason. Consequently, I keep the Z in a case.
    The 9930 I tried fit well, but felt slick to me. The 'pebble' feel of the S3 is nice, but the case I use makes it fit like a part of. Y hand.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-07-13 07:08 PM
    The 9930 I tried fit well, but felt slick to me. The 'pebble' feel of the S3 is nice, but the case I use makes it fit like a part of. Y hand.

I loved my 9930 but it DID feel slick to the touch and I constantly found myself dropping it or having it slip to the floor on me.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-07-13 08:54 PM
    I loved my 9930 but it DID feel slick to the touch and I constantly found myself dropping it or having it slip to the floor on me.
    Big concern, for sure. I dropped my old Curve a couple of times real hard, as it bounced about 15' off a shelf and across a Best Buy showroom floor. When I got to it, I saw a red light go on, and I was about to freak, thinking it was toast. It booted up and kept right on going.

06-07-13 09:41 PM
    I abuse mine like it's an adopted ginger child.

But that's just work phone. I nurture my Z10 like it's a first born.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-08-13 02:30 AM
    If you mean hitting the touch screen till it starts functioning......then yes i do abuse my phone sometimes.....that bloody thing hangs when am about to receive a call......but some abuse does the trick
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-08-13 10:12 AM
    I like totally misread the purpose of this thread. I thought it was about people who put their phone in their pocket and then call themselves so that it would vib..... oh, never mind.

I totally misconstrued the celebrity bucket list, too.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-08-13 12:01 PM
    I'm very protective of my BlackBerry. When people say 'hey nice phone, can I see it?' (happens all the time, really cool) I have the tenancy to say 'well you're looking at it right now, aren't you?' but I let them hold it anyway, while I hold my breath. Only friends, of course.

I can see myself in this situation; a stranger asks if he can use my phone for a minute cause his battery is dead, and I say 'no way man, I have a Z10!'

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-08-13 02:29 PM
    I take good care of it. It's my baby.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-11-13 09:20 PM
    I'm always in if

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 01:27 AM
    I try very hard to keep my phone in great condition. I nearly had a heart attack when I put a small crack in the top left corner of my 9900... As soon as my phone gets any sort of scratch or dent in it, it loses that "new" look (yet I mostly do not use a case). I don't know how some people can treat their phones so poorly.
    06-20-13 05:04 PM

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Not using the physical keyboard on a BlackBerry because you think it will break is like not using the steering wheel on a car in fear that it will fall off into your lap.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 12:21 PM