I was talking to a friend of mine who recently got a BB and she agreed and ever since she got her BB people look at her differently.

When I first got my 8800 (about a year ago) I generally had people give me a "wow" or "I wonder what he does for a living" kinda look. But nowadays people give me a dirt look like I'm trying to show off my Bold.

Just curious if anyone on here has had a similar experience.
    02-13-09 02:23 PM
    lol i cant tell cuz im always looking down at my BB.
    02-13-09 02:24 PM
    no but seriously most people are just amazed at all the stuff it can do once i tell them.
    02-13-09 02:25 PM
    some people give me dirty looks because i'm always looking at it...but the thing is, i'm always on the "go"...i love to stay in touch with my friends and family, and i have family in brasil, so i'm always sending emails... they're just jealous because they don't have a blackberry, and they don't realize that the blackberry addiction is a wonderful thing...
    02-13-09 10:01 PM
    Yeah some people do look @ me different but I don't care what they think.
    02-13-09 10:07 PM
    I don't necessarily know if people look at me differently, but the comments that my co-workers make are priceless. Usually something like, "Have you seen Lindy?" "Oh yeah I saw her in the office reaching out and touching everyone."
    02-13-09 10:10 PM
    I get a kick outa folks who can't believe a truck driver operating a BB.

Especially those working in the office when I send them e-mails and pics from the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:59 PM
    I had a curve and thought people were jealous because they didn't have one. Then I had short term insanity and got an iphone for two months. During that time I was ashamed to pull it out because of what people would say.

Now I am a proud owner of a Bold and a happy Crackberry Addict.
    02-14-09 07:28 AM
    People warship me when they see me with my almighty bold...

02-20-09 09:44 AM
    Yeah, people know about iphone and winmo, but it's the bb they respect, everyone knows it's the ultimate lifestyle/business device and if you have one you're either a celeb, important business person, or similar.
    I bought a bold for personal use last year, and at work everyone assumes I'm some high flier and that it's a work device. They wouldn't think that if I had a winmo or iphone device.

02-20-09 12:04 PM
    I got one and now my ex-wife is thinking about raising my child support. now I'm thinking about really ticking her off and getting my 14 year old daughter one just so I can stay intouch with her.
    02-20-09 11:46 PM
    I had a curve and thought people were jealous because they didn't have one. Then I had short term insanity and got an iphone for two months. During that time I was ashamed to pull it out because of what people would say.

Now I am a proud owner of a Bold and a happy Crackberry Addict.
    gotta love the haterz...
    02-20-09 11:53 PM
    my friends think im "loaded" now .. cause i have a blackberry :/
    02-21-09 12:50 AM
    I am (or used to be) a chatter box. Now my friends, family and co-workers say "this thing is great, it shuts her up".
    02-21-09 06:08 PM
    Not at all. Just about everyone in my classes has a smartphone.
    02-23-09 11:47 PM
    People think i have alot of money with my storm lol, well least the looks they give look that way
    02-23-09 11:48 PM
    I was absolutely amazed that when I first got my blackberry I got the red carpet treatment every single time I walked into K-Mart! I get the high roller suite at the Super 8 now too!

02-24-09 12:11 AM
    My dad gives me this look of "can you put the crackberry down and step away from it?" and when im deep in text or on the web he comes out and presses his fingers all over it making fun of me.

but yea in general ppl are like you have a bb? me:"yea its pretty awesome huh?"
    02-24-09 07:09 AM
    Yeah, i get the same attention when i whip out my bb storm. My gf tells me all the time" why dont you merry that thing". I told her if i could i would. lol
    02-24-09 12:34 PM
    eveyone who knows me who realized that I got a BB wondered how the **** I could afford it but it doesent help when your trackball changes colors like a disco ball it even lights up a room but yea its a headturner especially on the train ride home

02-25-09 01:00 PM
    who cares how they look at ME - if they are on anything but a BB, I give them a "are you insane" look!

:-)

You're missing out if you don't have a BB is all I'm sayin...
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
    I guess people do assume you are "rich" if you have a blackberry. I just call it a way of life. I don't know how I functioned using my old Palm Centro. LOL, yes, I admitted to THAT.
    02-25-09 01:38 PM
    i almost feel bad when i pull out my Storm. my friends see it and just start staring and get really awkward around me so eventually i just say "YEAH THATS A FREGGIN POWERPOINT THAT IM VIEWING RIGHT NOW!" and then they cant help but want to touch it
    02-25-09 01:45 PM
    Haha, people always check out my Bold. I actually notice more fellow bb users do this (when they own lesser models) than regular non-bb users (they too uninformed)
    02-26-09 10:02 AM
    I'm not sure if people look at me different when I'm holding my berry because I don't look to see who's watching me..... and couldn't care less either .

I think the question should be do you see yourself as more important ( egowise) just because you have a berry ???

02-27-09 02:17 AM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD