Well i dont know how normal this is, but i have a very bad habbit for switching phones every 2 or 3 weeks, i just seem to get bored with my phone, and want something better, so needless to say ive had just about every cell phone provider and every PDA out there on the market, ive gone through 4 iPhones, 3 Bolds, and quite a few curves, I just never seem to be content with what i have, Im like very content with what i have for a few weeks, then i want something else, so normally i find someone on craigslist and do even swaps. But looking at how long ive done this its kinda crazy, ever since i was 16 i did this, and now im 20 it drives my parents up the wall, they dont understand why i cant be content with a phone, and i dont understand why either, Is this a serious mental issue? Why cant i stick with a phone? ugh im so confused about this,
    01-14-09 12:53 AM
    Your not alone...

I'm the same way-

Except I never went for Sprint/Nextel.

They Never had a device that interested me.

Since the Storm came out, I Carrier hopped between Tmo/ATT/VZW about 6x.

I have NEVER been with a carrier for more than a year.

I've had 4 iPhones, 5 Curves, 2 88xx's, 3 Sidekicks, Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition, the LG Vu, LG Voyager, Nokia N95, and The Storm (Not Counting the MILLIONS of Replacements for that phone) not to mention every Razr known to man and in every color to match my outfits.

And I'm sure a bunch more, but those are the only ones that come to mind.

I just can't be content, and like you said, I get bored easily with my phones too.

People think I'm Crazy- But I don't Care.

They're just haters lol.

They Just Wish they had all my Cool Phones lol.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-14-09 at 01:11 AM.
    01-14-09 01:08 AM
    No, both of you are certified looney. What is the purpose of having all of those phones, and why buy the same one more than once?
    01-14-09 02:01 AM
    Commitment Issues.
    01-14-09 07:23 AM
    I've been with verizon all my life lol and besides... If you can afford it.. Hmmmm why not? Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 07:32 AM
    I've been with verizon all my life lol and besides... If you can afford it.. Hmmmm why not? Haha

Well obviously i can afford what ever service I have, I just get bored easily with a phone or the I can make a quick $50 or $100 off my phone and switch to a better phone, for example im selling my iPhone 3g, i was willing to do an even swap for a bold, but because its in demand, someones buying it for $450, and im sure i can buy a BRAND NEW Bold on craigslist for an easy $400, thus making $50 profit.
    01-14-09 11:43 AM
    No, both of you are certified looney. What is the purpose of having all of those phones, and why buy the same one more than once?
    lmfao. i started bursting out laughing when i read this.
    01-14-09 04:03 PM
    Why do girls buy The Same Shoes in Different Colors?

A Phone Could Be Seen as an Accessory.

Everyone is entitled to their own little Vices.

To Each His Own.

It's easy to Condemn.

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-14-09 at 04:25 PM.
    01-14-09 04:08 PM
    Sounds like OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) to me. What do you do when there's a wide assortment of cool devices released on different networks at the same time?
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-14-09 at 05:53 PM.
    01-14-09 05:51 PM
    Sounds like OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) to me. What do you do when there's a wide assortment of cool devices released on different networks at the same time?
    That rarely happens.

When it does though- You Unlock them!

(VZW and Sprint Rarely have good phones, and when they do- you sign up for a new contract and add it as a business expense, and continue using your personal line lol)
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-14-09 at 06:38 PM.
    01-14-09 06:35 PM
    ... getting into drugs or cutting yourself or worse. So you have a hobby with a bit of a tick as well. As long as it's not putting you in the poor house, I don't see it as a problem.

Now if it were me, I don't think I would have has several of one type of phone, because to me, why get another one of what I already got tired of once?

As to why you can't stick with one phone? Oh that one is pretty easy, you don't want to!

Well i dont know how normal this is, but i have a very bad habbit for switching phones every 2 or 3 weeks, i just seem to get bored with my phone, and want something better, so needless to say ive had just about every cell phone provider and every PDA out there on the market, ive gone through 4 iPhones, 3 Bolds, and quite a few curves, I just never seem to be content with what i have, Im like very content with what i have for a few weeks, then i want something else, so normally i find someone on craigslist and do even swaps. But looking at how long ive done this its kinda crazy, ever since i was 16 i did this, and now im 20 it drives my parents up the wall, they dont understand why i cant be content with a phone, and i dont understand why either, Is this a serious mental issue? Why cant i stick with a phone? ugh im so confused about this,
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-16-09 at 01:16 AM.
    01-14-09 09:41 PM
    First two posts....severe committment issues! How do u two make it thru the day?! Lol I just change the back/case/wallpaper/theme for my BB's when I need a change.

01-15-09 09:45 PM
    " First two posts....severe committment issues! How do u two make it thru the day?! Lol I just change the back/case/wallpaper/theme for my BB's when I need a change."

Well its funny that you say that because, i normally keep my phone the way the manufacture set it up, default wall paper, default ringers etc... I dont know, i think what im wanting im just not going to find although i must admit, i do love my Bold, now its a matter of if i can keep it and be content with it.
    01-16-09 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD