Hi ALL. Hope everyone is having a great 4th holiday!

I just wanted to relay a personal issue I'm having w/CB. When I first came across this website I was truly happy/excited to be apart of such a great and exceptional site, I have meet alot of friendly, knowledgeable peeps whom were always ready and willing to assist a fellow member, but lately all I'm reading are post about how rude,inconsiderate,and blatantly ignorant members have become. I think I'm going to take a break from CB and hopefully if/when I return members have become more civil to each other.

I will end this post THANKING ALL peeps who have helped/assisted me in all my inquires. I wish nothing but the BEST to ALL CB members!
    07-05-08 08:53 PM
    Hmm...I am sorry to hear this I hope to see ya back in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 09:17 PM
    Haven't noticed that but I hope to see you back soon.

07-05-08 09:20 PM
    Well now, seems that someone has been rubbed the wrong way........but whatever..........don't sweat the small stuff........Christ.......nobody can be THAT over sensitive....right?

I think perhaps a big fat bowl may do you some good....
    07-05-08 10:36 PM
    I don't think it's really a big deal unless it's deflamatory...it's the internet
    07-05-08 10:47 PM
    Well now, seems that someone has been rubbed the wrong way........but whatever..........don't sweat the small stuff........Christ.......nobody can be THAT over sensitive....right?

It's not about being rub the wrong way. I think Travelqueen is referring to the general atmosphere of the Forum and the intentional and deliberate rude Behavior of some odd post here or there. The Mods have tried to put a curb on most of these kind of peeps, but every now and again one comes to the forefront. We must all bear in mind that this is a Family Forum, and should act accordingly, and be willing to Police ourselves. Many of us enjoy this Forum, your truly included, and act in a decent manner. However, with the growth of the Forum comes those who have no respect for themselves or for others, and isn't hesitant about letting their presence be known on the Forum.
    In a nutshell, none of us should be too big to apologize if we err, and more importantly, tolerate disrespectful behavior from anyone while here at the CB.
    07-05-08 11:20 PM

It's not about being rub the wrong way. I think Travelqueen is referring to the general atmosphere of the Forum and the intentional and deliberate rude Behavior of some odd post here or there. The Mods have tried to put a curb on most of these kind of peeps, but every now and again one comes to the forefront. We must all bear in mind that this is a Family Forum, and should act accordingly, and be willing to Police ourselves. Many of us enjoy this Forum, your truly included, and act in a decent manner. However, with the growth of the Forum comes those who have no respect for themselves or for others, and isn't hesitant about letting their presence be known on the Forum.
    In a nutshell, none of us should be too big to apologize if we err, and more importantly, tolerate disrespectful behavior from anyone while here at the CB.
    07-05-08 11:22 PM
    Agreed, I got outside the line but apologized earlier today on curve forum.....I smell what you are cookin.....(sorry Obama)
    07-05-08 11:24 PM
    I agree a lot with TravelQueen. It seems like a lot of posts recently have turned into arguments over stupid stuff that doesn't even have anything to do with the thread itself. Sometimes the arguments get really hurtful too. It's sad that this is happening but I guess it's to be expected on a site with over 200,000 members. There are some people that just seem to be looking for any reason to get p!ssed off and it's made the atmosphere of the site different than how it used to be. I won't leave cause I know it's probably a phase (or the moon or the planets alignment or something). Hopefully everyone will get back to their happy cheery selves soon because I LOVE this site!
    07-05-08 11:30 PM
    This is not to excuse anyone's behaviour, but this is the nature of forums. The anonymity makes (some) people feel that they can say whatever they want.

It's a shame that anyone would stop using the forums because of a handful of disrespectful people.

I hope we can collectively raise the bar around here and do like crackblack says and police ourselves appropriately.

07-05-08 11:40 PM
    This is not to excuse anyone's behaviour, but this is the nature of forums. The anonymity makes (some) people feel that they can say whatever they want.

It's a shame that anyone would stop using the forums because of a handful of disrespectful people.

I hope we can collectively raise the bar around here and do like crackblack says and police ourselves appropriately.

In defense of Travelqueen, she did say that she is stepping aside for awhile, and I can't blame her. The question is, How many will become frustrated and walk away with a bitter taste in their mouth, never to return?
    To Travelqueen and all the Female members of CrackBerry, we the Guys should always be ever Cognizant of their presence and act accordingly when in the presence of a Lady
    07-05-08 11:57 PM
    we the Guys should always be ever Cognizant of their presence and act accordingly when in the presence of a Lady
    >>

Very Well said "CrackBlack"...
    Chivalry is Alive & Well :-)
    07-06-08 02:18 AM
    I speak for the whole MOD team in addressing this issue..

We work hard to try and curb any posts that may be of the inappropriate nature ASAP...through monitoring the forums and taking care of reported posts, if you all see things that you are un happy with..report it..we will address it.

As Crackberry grows, we are bound to attract some people who are only here to cause problems, it's unfortunate that things like that have to happen but it's the reality of maintaining such a large site as Crackbery is becoming.
    07-06-08 03:28 AM
    We don't want you leaving, come back around.
    07-06-08 10:22 AM
    I speak for the whole MOD team in addressing this issue..

We work hard to try and curb any posts that may be of the inappropriate nature ASAP...through monitoring the forums and taking care of reported posts, if you all see things that you are un happy with..report it..we will address it.

As Crackberry grows, we are bound to attract some people who are only here to cause problems, it's unfortunate that things like that have to happen but it's the reality of maintaining such a large site as Crackbery is becoming.
    I know that you Mods are very busy monitoring all the different posts. I think maybe it is time to put out your net work and start looking for some help. I know the community is growing by leaps and bounds, you might have already started this process. It was just a thought, not meaning anything about it just an idea.
    07-06-08 10:31 AM
    It's the 80/20 rule; 20% of the people here cause 80% of the problems. On my abacus, with 200,000 members, that could mean 40,000 problem people running around.

As on any forum, the mods do what they can; the rest of us need to either thump people when necessary (anyone can have a bad day, especially if they forgot to check memory!) or else let it go. This is still the best place online to continually learn about all things BlackBerry.

07-06-08 10:32 AM
    Okay, now I am really tired of this.
    There have been 3 maybe 4 post like this in recent
    days and although they all make a valid point I think
    we all need to take a step back and maybe step off
    of the sanctimonious high horse.

How many of you have NEVER uttered a word in anger?
    How many have NEVER gotten ticked off by something that
    in hindsight was truly insignificant?
    How many of you have NEVER said something you
    instantly wished you could take back?

Exactly! Sometimes it happen in life, sometimes it happens
    here. Ain't no shame in either.

Look, we are all human. It would be nice if we could
    all be at our best all the time, but that just is not the
    way it works. Things get said, apologies are hopefully
    made and accepted and we keep moving on.

We are like any other family / group / organization /
    team...sometimes dysfunctional, but in the end always
    there for each other. That, I must say, has been my
    experience.
    07-06-08 10:52 AM
    I won't lose any sleep over it. Its only a Forum and as in life we meet with and have to deal with all sorts of people. Different people deal with situations in their own way.

07-06-08 11:06 AM
    I'm starting to notice that about CB lately as well. I was gone for like a month come back and vibe has felt much different.
    07-06-08 12:24 PM
    I'm kind of new, but I've noticed the CB is actually getting more relaxed. There have been a few threads like this lately and I think they've made everyone pay more attention to the way we talk to each other.

Sometimes we misunderstand a post because we can't hear a tone of voice. I wrote what I thought was a funny response to a post, but someone thought I was upset and needed a break. He couldn't hear my tone and misunderstood.

Anyway, I like CB and I'm learning a lot here. Most of the people I've met are good people. Maybe we should report then ignore the rude people and concentrate on having fun and learning about our machines.

Last edited by exelant; 07-06-08 at 12:50 PM.
    07-06-08 12:48 PM
    I won't lose any sleep over it. Its only a Forum and as in life we meet with and have to deal with all sorts of people. Different people deal with situations in their own way.

I guess it depends on every individual. I totally agree with this statement; as much as people have created friends and all on this forum, it's only just that...an internet forum.

I've been part of MANY phone or car forums and this is one of the most calm-natured ones, and I believe the mods do a great job addressing the issues.

With that said, this is the internet. It's just like meeting random people in the world, but you may just have to address it or learn to ignore it...like random people you meet in the world
    07-06-08 12:54 PM
    I agree, and I dont think its about being overly sensitive. It's about not wanting to be around negativity, as we all have to deal with enough of it in the physical world. Enjoy your break travelqueen & I hope you find a better atmosphere when you return!
    07-06-08 01:04 PM
    That's the great part. We have choices and are free to make them.
    I've been around on many Forums long enough to not let anything said on a Forum to affect me personally...... Well except if am told my BB would blow up then I'll take tht personally. LOL

Last edited by Solachica; 07-06-08 at 01:15 PM.
    07-06-08 01:12 PM

I agree with Comminus, the anonymity of forums give some people a "red badge of courage" however, there will always be this kind of tension. I hate to see people quit because of this. I have enjoyed the sight for the short time I have been a member not only for the information, but for the comaraderie and the light humored fun poking... I hope no one takes anything personal I might say because it is always meant to be fun. I guess if "policing" is necessary the mods are around to help.

Thank you crackberry for having one of the most polite forums I have visited. I guess you can never make everyone happy.
    07-06-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD