Where did the time go... where funcionality mattered more than eye candy?
    I'm getting more and more digusted by the way the media seems to succeed in brainwashing consumers to always "need" the latest/fastest technology and the most flashy eye candy to show of with...

Because... come on, what are we talking about?
    Isn't a phone meant to be for communicating, rather than to show of with and brag about all the lovely apps/games that we can play with?

- Everyone is always trying to talk bad about BlackBerry, that they're ages behind Apple/Android etc... but hey, atleast they still understand what a phone is all about; batterylife, functionality and communication.

- Am I the only one who thinks like this?
    Last edited by Dx3me; 08-17-11 at 09:28 AM.
    08-17-11 09:23 AM

- Am I the only one who thinks like this?
    Nope. I don't think so.
    08-17-11 09:29 AM
    C'mon man, this is consumerism...

The story goes that the people who manufacture the lowly incandescent light bulb could use a slightly thicker filament and make the lamp last for tens years, adding only .03 to the total cost. So why not do that and have happier customers? Sales volume would plummet. Instead the gov is taking away our choice to use low cost lighting and replacing it with the mercury filled, high priced, EPA involved if you break it piece of junk known as the CFL.

It's the same with phones. Any one who buys one thinking they've got the latest and greatest may be right... for a week or two. There is ALWAYS something new around the corner to spend your money on.
    08-17-11 10:39 AM

nuff said.
    highjakker likes this.
    08-17-11 04:02 PM
    A phone is for anything you can do with it. To me, the device that can do more things well has more value than one that does less things.

Of course everything is a tradeoff, whether it is a BB, Android, iOS, or one of the others. They're all a compromise in features, performance, security, utility, etc. You just need to pick the compromise that suits you best and not worry what others think.

Personally, i love the Google navigation I get with my Android. Saves me from carrying a standalone GPS along with me too. That's just one example that applies to me.
    08-17-11 07:50 PM
    we live in a disposable society. out with the old and in with the new. it isn't the media's fault...it's ours for giving in to the whole bit. if you don't like it- don't buy it. or buy in to it.
    08-18-11 07:27 AM
    An old friend who had an iPhone 4 when I last saw him was like, "WOW, look what happens when I delete a note!" Sure enough, the little trash can opened its lid and the note slid into the can. This transition took about 1.5 seconds. I was like, I really don't give a toss. I delete notes in the blink of an eye on my 9700, so shut it. The same as Gran Turismo 1 vs. Gran Turismo 5. The gameplay is way better on GT5 as they applied so much detail to the game. That's where the eye candy should be, in the actual game. The GT1 menus were near enough instant when browsing through races, dealerships, events etc. In GT5, some transitions take up to 3 seconds to complete! GT Auto in GT5 is also a joke. It takes ages to load and for the workers to complete tasks. On past games, the work would be done in a fraction of GT5's time.

I don't care about fancy transition effects too much. I have a powerful notebook with Windows 7 and I have turned off all of the aero effects apart from the translucent glass effect. I don't like seeing my programs open from the taskbar in an expanding and contracting motion, I'd rather see it flick on and flick off. Just plain simple and it maximises my gaming performance while playing online.

That's also one thing I don't like about some Apple users, they compare their products with others and say "Look how beautifully smooth this opens and closes! Watch what happens when you click this!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD