I believe everyone knows that Sprint is the major advertiser on Desperate Housewives. Now, I don't know if this was just me wishing or true but on last nights episode (10/04/09) Edies ex husband asked Brie to spend the night in a hotel with him. He pushed over his briefcase to her with the hotel key in it.

Well along side the key was what I believe was a Sprint BB with a Track Pad instead of a Track Ball on it. Hum........ I wonder because it is not uncommon for future phones to be on major shows before they are announced and/or show up in inventory.

Just a thought.... anyone else notice this?

Tony
    10-05-09 08:01 AM
    I didn't get a chance to watch the episode, but I think I was looking through the future devices and I'm pretty sure the 3g blackberry for T-Mobile should have the trackpad. The blackberry rep that came to the store I worked at the other day was telling us its up to the carrier to pick whether or not they want the ball or pad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:26 AM
    If it was Sprint with a trackpad, it'd most likely be an Curve 8530...
    10-05-09 10:21 AM
    I didn't get a chance to watch the episode, but I think I was looking through the future devices and I'm pretty sure the 3g blackberry for T-Mobile should have the trackpad.
    Pretty much everything from this point on should have the trackpad, starting with the 85xx Curves.

The blackberry rep that came to the store I worked at the other day was telling us its up to the carrier to pick whether or not they want the ball or pad.
    Yeah, I read something about the 9700 Bold being compatible with both trackballs and trackpads.
    10-05-09 10:29 AM
    I would like to know if anyone saw the episode. I could have been off on my observation just curious if it was a Sprint device or not. I am aware of everything going forward having pads, wifi, etc... just curious if this was a Sprint device on the show.
    10-05-09 11:27 AM
    Slightly OT, but I was amused and appalled at the ads they ran for the Pre about the cheating husband....So glad it wasn't a Blackberry! LOL!
    10-05-09 11:49 AM
    For some reason cb won't let me quote, but smnc, the 9700 for ATT is supposed to be trackball while tmo is the pad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 01:10 PM
    For some reason cb won't let me quote, but smnc, the 9700 for ATT is supposed to be trackball while tmo is the pad
    There you go I guess. I was reading that the hardware is identical, and compatible with both modules, so switching between the two is as simple as changing trackballs is.
    10-05-09 04:33 PM
    Both have the trackpad. Earlier leaked builds of the 9700 with AT&T logo had a trackball (such as the one reviewed here a few months ago).
    10-06-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD