This isn't even about my blackberry... but I didn't know where else to post and since everyone here knows a little about everything, I thought I'd try.

I'm finishing up my Master's Degree program. For this, I must put all 3 videos I had to make during my coursework onto one DVD. I have been trying for days, and cannot figure it out!

The videos were all taken with a Sony Handycam model dcr-dvd92. Each video is on a separate DVD-R. I have DVDnextcopy, Ultra MPEG-4 converter, if that helps.

I appreciate any and all help. I apologize if it's not appropriate to post this here, but I am so frustrated and didn't know where else to go.

Thanks again!
    Jen
    06-20-08 10:07 PM
    In a nut shell you need an app that will rip the recording off of your DVD-Rs to an avi file. It's been quite some time since I have done anything with video. I have hardware that records in HD right off of whatever I hook to it. Pinnacle Systems made the card and capture software. I am not sure how easy it is to use but there is a very good capture and encoding app Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org I used to encode only so I have no experience in using its capture feature.

However it is one of these best capture and encoding apps if you don't have or wish to spend a lot of money on profession grade software and want high quality end results.

You will capture the video and audio in an uncompressed format to retain the level of quality of the original. Once you have 3 avi files, one for each DVD-R, virtualdub can be used to join them into one avi file to be burned to a new DVD-R.
    06-21-08 01:37 AM
    It's simpler than the former post I believe.

Rip the Video_TS folders and drop them on your desktop. Burn them onto a DVD with Roxio. If they exceed 4.7 Gigs, get a dual layered disc and burn them onto that.
    06-22-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD