Just curious, I thought demo phones were "dummy" phones. But I've seen some on ebay selling....so would you buy a demo phone?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 12:26 PM
    Naw, demo phones are usually the live models you find active in some stores or used at trade shows, things like that.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-09-14 12:39 PM
    Just for the record, I work in retail and we give away dummy phones (fake plastic ones) to little kids all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:47 PM
    Just for the record, I work in retail and we give away dummy phones (fake plastic ones) to little kids all the time.

Posted via CB10
    OK, so since you work in retail, would you buy a demo phone? Knowing what they go through?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 12:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome, really.

Back on topic, It's extremely hard for me to buy used phones without knowing the other party (and even when I do) because of multiple factors like the visible or invisible wear it has, how well its been taken care of, the other person's hygiene, if it's had any repairs, internal damage, etc...

Now imagine that, but times hundred, as the phone is handled A LOT on mall displays and the likes (I'm no hygiene freak, but it does make me uneasy), imagine the amount of time it has been on and pluggled in with a battery (no electron flow), the amount of small dings.
    that can cause internal failure but no cosmetic damage.. I don't know man. I just wouldn't do it.
    05-09-14 01:00 PM
    That's awesome, really.

Back on topic, It's extremely hard for me to buy used phones without knowing the other party (and even when I do) because of multiple factors like the visible or invisible wear it has, how well its been taken care of, the other person's hygiene, if it's had any repairs, internal damage, etc...

Now imagine that, but times hundred, as the phone is handled A LOT on mall displays and the likes (I'm no hygiene freak, but it does make me uneasy), imagine the amount of time it has been on and pluggled in with a battery (no electron flow), the amount of small dings.
    that can cause internal failure but no cosmetic damage.. I don't know man. I just wouldn't do it.
    I'm trying to get my hands on a Q10 since no one seems to wanna trade with my z10, and came across one on ebay that's up for bid, starting low on bids, and it's a demo. I mean, I've gone to stores all the time and play with the phones, my son as well, lol...so as you say, multiply that by hundreds of times....on the flip side, the majority of the people go play and test the iphones or galaxy's or windows phones and the blackberry are left all alone....lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hello,
    Interesting. Do you sell phone at a retail store? If you do doesn't it bother you how many untrained salesmen selling cell phones?
    3 years ago when I bought my 9900 ATT had it hidden in a corner nobody knew much about the phone. Last month same results Don't you think sales people pushwhat they know and not what is the best? When I sold a product I always sold up and never based on $$$ This lack of knowledge is why BB don't sell
    05-09-14 01:28 PM
    OK, so since you work in retail, would you buy a demo phone? Knowing what they go through?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Again, these phones are fake/don't work, so no I wouldn't buy one. But honestly, depending on where you live you can get them pretty easily for free.

In my store, every carrier sends two dummies of every phone. So my store ends up with like 6 that dummies that we can't put out, those are the ones given out to kids, just go and ask for one.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:38 PM
    Hello,
    Interesting. Do you sell phone at a retail store? If you do doesn't it bother you how many untrained salesmen selling cell phones?
    3 years ago when I bought my 9900 ATT had it hidden in a corner nobody knew much about the phone. Last month same results Don't you think sales people pushwhat they know and not what is the best? When I sold a product I always sold up and never based on $$$ This lack of knowledge is why BB don't sell
    Well I don't actually work in the mobile department, but my store seems pretty unbias and we'll educated. Mind you I work for a semi big company that has a lot stores. I can't speak for the sales people outside of my store.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-09-14 01:40 PM
    Again, these phones are fake/don't work, so no I wouldn't buy one. But honestly, depending on where you live you can get them pretty easily for free.

In my store, every carrier sends two dummies of every phone. So my store ends up with like 6 that dummies that we can't put out, those are the ones given out to kids, just go and ask for one.

Posted via CB10
    Aren't we talking about 2 different things here? Demos and dummies?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-09-14 01:54 PM
    Aren't we talking about 2 different things here? Demos and dummies?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Yes. Demo = is real phone. Dummy = is fake phone.
    05-09-14 02:09 PM
    Yes. Demo = is real phone. Dummy = is fake phone.
    Ok...thats what I thought...lol...I have no reason to buy a dummy phone. again, my question is would you be a DEMO phone....

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 02:17 PM
    Ok...thats what I thought...lol...I have no reason to buy a dummy phone. again, my question is would you be a DEMO phone....

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Lol okay that makes more sense now. Demo phones are fine, I'd be concerned about the battery though.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:15 PM
    Lol okay that makes more sense now. Demo phones are fine, I'd be concerned about the battery though.

Posted via CB10
    Because of the usage? That would be of little worry to me considering how cheap they are. I'm more concerned with the wear and tear of the phone. But as I stated earlier jokingly (but sadly true), lots of people bypass the blackberries and "play" or test the iphones or s4's....lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 04:21 PM
    I'm trying to get my hands on a Q10 since no one seems to wanna trade with my z10, and came across one on ebay that's up for bid, starting low on bids, and it's a demo. I mean, I've gone to stores all the time and play with the phones, my son as well, lol...so as you say, multiply that by hundreds of times....on the flip side, the majority of the people go play and test the iphones or galaxy's or windows phones and the blackberry are left all alone....lol

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Make sure the guy on ebay has good feedback and send him messages asking condition and if you want more pics
    05-09-14 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Well I don't really know if I'd want to be a demo phone..

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:25 PM
    Well I don't really know if I'd want to be a demo phone..

Posted via CB10
    hahaha, sorry if I can't type correctly on this damn touch screen, I forgot you have to be precise and specific with your wording here on CB

Posted via CB10 with z10
    eldricho likes this.
    05-09-14 07:36 PM
    hahaha, sorry if I can't type correctly on this damn touch screen, I forgot you have to be precise and specific with your wording here on CB

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Just playing with ya, man :P

I guess I would take one. Only problem I'd have would be with the battery as I'm worried it wouldn't function completely right for every day use after being plugged in for such a long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 08:00 PM
    Just playing with ya, man :P

I guess I would take one. Only problem I'd have would be with the battery as I'm worried it wouldn't function completely right for every day use after being plugged in for such a long time.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what one of the other guys posted earlier. To me the battery isn't a big issue cuz it's cheap to replace the battery. But so many people playing with the keyboard and just man handling it when on display....worries me.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 08:05 PM
    That's exactly what one of the other guys posted earlier. To me the battery isn't a big issue cuz it's cheap to replace the battery. But so many people playing with the keyboard and just man handling it when on display....worries me.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    "The keyboard"? So it's a Q?!? Then it's even nastier! Run away while you still can!
    05-09-14 08:13 PM
    "The keyboard"? So it's a Q?!? Then it's even nastier! Run away while you still can!
    Lol...yeah, I wanna go back to the Q10....lol.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-09-14 08:15 PM